Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Garo Makai no Hana 05 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Garo_Makai_no_Hana_05

Man, I thought everyone in this episode was someone else. The first girl, I swore she was Kaoru's actress.

And the nerd guy who proposes? I thought that was the movie otaku from the last episode.

And that white guy looks just like Ring from Zero!

Waaaait...

Honestly, I didn't care for this episode. We spend the first 7 minutes watching the Horror before our heroes appear. And Crow's battle is probably twice is as long as it needs to be to hold my interest. I just spent most of this episode bored.
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Re: Garo Makai no Hana 05 released

Post by XIII »

it did seem a strange ep, quite a long build up to bring everyone into the fold and still stilt it slightly

The amount of English did surprise me, and it was kinda strange hearing him flow between English and Japanese with ease.

I didnt mind Crows fight, the bit that caught my attention was his ability to fly straight up and having a changing head unit, with the points down, he does look like a crow/bird, just a subtle hint like that is nice. Not sure on the colour of his armour thou, but I guess they were going for a nice contrast against Garo's gold.
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, the suit design is cool. I definitely had a "What the fuck is that" when first seeing it. But I like the transforming helmet look. The fight itself was fine, but it had too many "get on with it" moments where Ring 2 or Crow were just flying and nothing was happening.

The only part where the English was good to me was when the college guy was like "I don't know English..." and Ring 2 was like "That's why you can't get into college!"
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I just wondering if Twinkle Twinkle Little Star is a thing in Japan since that didn't have any Japanese subtitles compared to the rest of the English lines. Also I wish that Thane didn't have a one-off in this series since he was so great in this episode.

Great, Crow is being the "I don't have a real name" type.

As for Crow's suit, I'm just wondering if someone on the staff of Garo knows a bit of Accel World because the main character's avatar name is Silver Crow who can fly and the first one to do so.

Silver Crow from Accel World:

Zaruba
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Dragonball
Favorite Band: Metallica
My boom: Garo

Post by Zaruba »

I liked the episode. Only thing I didn't like so much was the cheesiness of Ring2 and his character.

I loved the fight scene. The effects were outstanding! The horror and crow flying into the moonlight was awesome! Then the horror being kicked and falling down onto the roof. Very cool effects! So I don't quite understand the critiques.

At first I also was thrown back by his armor because it was so different but the initial look grew on me (I've watched that fight scene like 4 times). However when it went back into his ears he looked much better. I compared him to Kiba and he has similar traits. Kiba was black and had gold teeth and trim and Crow seems to have a blackish purple tint with Gold teeth and trim. Plus the face is kind of similar in it's scary look. Almost looks as though he could be a bad Makai Knight.

Oh and Raiga kills the horror in one split second and Crow hits him with his sword a few times and it barely effects him. Don't know if they meant to make him seem weak or just show case his armor and skill but he seems inferior to Raiga already. Not in the way Zero and Kouga felt. Hard not to compare the two.

All in all pretty cool episode. I like the themes behind all these horrors. Keita is a very imaginative and creative mind. Brilliant man! I am so thankful for his effort and work for which has turned into my favorite show by far.
Jigoku_Eternal
Favorite series: All Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Rikako Sakata
Favorite Actor?: Kenji Matsuda
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Jigoku_Eternal »

I thought it was a good episode. Thane Camus was better here then in black blood, loved how he turned his victims into stars and eat them. Not a fan of the new armour and how it takes away the time limit to use the wings or Crow should not be in this show!!

Thane Camus do everyone a favor, EAT CROW AND OLVA PLEASE!!!

Make a wish upon a star.
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

Crows usual head looks odd for me but when it transformed it looked better for some unknown reason. I would prefer to see his helmet having pointy ears to be honest otherwise that face looks just wrong. I liked how he could fly and how it actually decreased his time. I wonder if we will see any of other knights from Kouga's era namely white knight and silver knight.
Areku The O.F.
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: KR Black
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz
Dreamy: Too many to count...
Favorite Actor?: Tetsuo Kurata
Favorite Band: Dream Theater
My boom: Toku in general
Quote: "Gather ye rosebuds while ye may
Old time is still a' flying
And that same flower that smiles you today
Tomorrow will be dying..."

Post by Areku The O.F. »

I'm liking a lot Shadow Knight Kuro's ninja motif, in terms of design it kinda looks like Flash Knight Rodo. Crow's actor deadpan delivery reminds me a lot of Sakaguchi Tak in his early days (you may remember him as the Cassis Worm in Kabuto), and he even looks like him. Seems like more interesting knights are being added to the hierarchy, let's see what Amemiya-san has in store for the rest of the series.
3... 2... 1... Time Out... Deformation.
JujinSan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japan
Quote: Whats done is done and cannot be undone

Post by JujinSan »

This being the first time seeing Thane (i never did watch Yami), he comes off as a really strange. The look of Crow's suit is almost bulkier than Garo's and the shade of blue is nice. As for the horror and fight, both were meh. one thing i did notice was a bit of jerky CG with Crow's flips in the dance hall(?).
Aka no Kenshi! MakaiRed! Kenpo Sentai Makaiger!
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Thane wasn't in Yami but Zero Black Blood.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I was initially thinking WTF with Crows design, but got used to it when I realised that the helmet looked like a bird beak.

And then it flips open to show a derpy looking wolf head. I wonder if the timer cutting down because of the wings will come back later, like having a berserk Crow armour.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

See kids, this is why you should stay away from those weird foreigners.

Man there was a lot of scene chewing in this episode. And it only goes to further prove that things that sound perfectly fine in Japanese sound utterly ridiculous in English.
Biogirl
Go Go!
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider...Kabuto
Favorite Actor?: Yamamoto Yusuke
Favorite Band: Funky Monkey Babys
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Otoko nara darekano tameni tsuyoku nare. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h5OlXS8IzI

Post by Biogirl »

I didn't like Crow's suit design at first, but I kindof changed my mind when the ears popped up. It's a nice touch that the suit can change slightly to be more aerodynamic. But his wolf eyes are creepy.
I spent half the episode trying to convince myself the horror wasn't Ring.
I spent the second half convincing myself I wasn't watching Accel World. Seriously. Flying. Silver. Crow. Maybe Mayuri will henshin into Black Lotus.
Tokusatsu kotatsu party!
abazigal
7X

Post by abazigal »

Yeah, Crow doesn't seem that great in battle. If anything, I find it alarming that Crow has difficulty taking down a "normal" horror within the time limit.

I guess he's more trained for stealth and espionage than direct combat. He's hitting Stellas (the horror) so many times with little effect, then Raiga just goes into Garo mode and finishes him off in one slash.

It's interesting to finally see the time limit being enforced once more. They kinda glossed over it in Yami no Terasu Mono.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I think it's more due to flying that he wasn't effective in battle. He did say it was his second time doing it and probably haven't gotten the hang of it yet.

Return to “-Makai no Hana-”