Zaruba
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Dragonball
Favorite Band: Metallica
My boom: Garo

Re: Garo Makai no Hana 06 released

Post by Zaruba »

Kouga was given a toy frog but it wasn't anyone special. It was from some random homeless looking guy. So its not entirely the same thing. There was no history between Kouga and that horror.
Jigoku_Eternal
Favorite series: All Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Rikako Sakata
Favorite Actor?: Kenji Matsuda
Alignment: Lawful Good
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by Jigoku_Eternal »

So Crow just showed up at Raiga mansion to say hello, and ask where is Mayuri is??? Really did not need to be in this episode.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Maybe to bring out Mayuri walking in a Yukata, which is unexpected. Said Yukata was said to be Kaoru's. Giving his mother's yukata isn't it a way for Raiga to say "I want you to be a part of my family". I think I saw that somewhere.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I don't think Raiga gave the yukata to Mayuri at all much less asking her to be part of her family. I would imagine that Mayuri asked about wearing the yukata and Gonza helping her putting it on. Also I really like Gonza's role in this series being Mayuri's guide to humanity.

As for the wind chime guy, sure sadness doesn't lead you to being a Horror but I would think that it does lead to have feelings of hatred towards the world and thus being targeted by a Horrror.
Alexissimo
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous
Favorite series: Gekiranger - Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz - Blade
Dreamy: Yuka Hirata
Favorite Band: JAM Project

Post by Alexissimo »

4:44 you can see the Amemiya's hat.
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

The last scene is what really stuck out for me.
I mean yeah it seems really separate from the rest of the episode but it was cute and sort of calming.

Mayuri's actress sorta resembles Juri Ueno? Anyone else think so?
abazigal
7X

Post by abazigal »

Gonza mentioned that the yukata once belonged to Kaoru. So is he trying to hint that she is dead?

My take is that this episode seems to be trying to portray that under that smiling facade, Raiga is actually a very lonely man. He lives alone with his butler (never mind how they manage to afford it on a Makai Knight's salary, however much that is), he is reminded of the sparingly happy parts of his happy childhood (which involves making a wind chime with the seller), and is forced to cut down the one guy who was perhaps as close to him as his own father (which is akin to killing a part of your own happiness)?

Maybe I am overthinking it, but it's the only explanation I can come up with which makes sense (other explanation being that the script writer just plained sucked, and tried to make it all arty-farty to hide the fact that there is basically no plot).

Speaking of which, it's been 6 episodes of monster-of-the-week, with no hint as to what the overall plot is. At last Yami no Terasu no Mono started hinting about the true dangers as early as Episode 2 (and I find that overall, it had a tighter plot), and I am honestly starting to get a little bored....
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

abazigal wrote:Speaking of which, it's been 6 episodes of monster-of-the-week, with no hint as to what the overall plot is. At last Yami no Terasu no Mono started hinting about the true dangers as early as Episode 2 (and I find that overall, it had a tighter plot), and I am honestly starting to get a little bored....
Uhh, are you forgetting Eiris? I mean, that's kinda the whole reason why Mayuri is there.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

Every time I read people complaining about things like "most of the episodes are stand alone", "the plot is just hinted" and things like that.

Isn't that like the basis of mostly all tokusatsu? It's like I watch Jackie Chan movies and I complain about how they are always fighting.
Igarashi_Kiriiga
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kiva
Dreamy: Saejima Kouga
Favorite Actor?: I can't choose!
My boom: GARO
Quote: "saisho ni itte oku, ore wa tsuyoi jyanai. Ore wa tsugoku tsuyoi" aka "let me tell you from the start, I am not strong. I am very strong"

Post by Igarashi_Kiriiga »

Dragonfan wrote:Every time I read people complaining about things like "most of the episodes are stand alone", "the plot is just hinted" and things like that.

Isn't that like the basis of mostly all tokusatsu? It's like I watch Jackie Chan movies and I complain about how they are always fighting.
That is true, and I agree with you, but it would be great if there is at least a stronger connection to the main plot.

I like the scene at the end where Mayuri wandered around the city, like Raiga did, and using a yukata, it's like it's been planned from the start by Raiga and Gonza (if you remember both their conspirative glance at the start). It's like the both of them designated themselves as Mayuri's personal guide to humanity and civilization. Raiga and Gonza's relation sort of reminded me of Kaoru and Gonza, so adorable and extremely scary (imagine them planning againts Kouga to make him relax).

I like this episode, although it seems like a filler, it somehow has an important role to tell us something about Raiga. Now, I am truly curious about Kouga and Kaoru. Hurry, Amemiya! Give us more!!!!

The way he looks make the girls feel honored to be reeled in
abazigal
7X

Post by abazigal »

Lunagel wrote:
abazigal wrote:Speaking of which, it's been 6 episodes of monster-of-the-week, with no hint as to what the overall plot is. At last Yami no Terasu no Mono started hinting about the true dangers as early as Episode 2 (and I find that overall, it had a tighter plot), and I am honestly starting to get a little bored....
Uhh, are you forgetting Eiris? I mean, that's kinda the whole reason why Mayuri is there.
And Mayuri hasn't really done anything these past few episodes except act cool with that expressionless face and ultra-short dress+stockings (I am a fan of it, so sue me), absorb the occasional seed, and generally just stand around in the thick of battle being useless. She also barely gets any dialogue, though she seems to be gradually exhibiting more and more human-like emotions and mannerisms each episode (which could have been deliberately planned, on which part it would be excellent acting by the actress, but it's also something we can only know in hindsight).

Elris seems to be something cooked up at the start to justify Mayuri's inclusion in the show, but after that, we haven't really seen any more mention of her. Is her seed really just in some random run-of-the-mill horror waiting to be slain, or some more elite horror planning some master plan? Some foreshadowing would be nice.

[snip]

You can take it that I am just ranting here. Yami No Terasu no Mono was the first Garo show I watch, and which subsequently made me a fan. I have since watched the other Garo-related shows, but didn't really care much for them. I do honestly find the pacing of the show quite slow, and am hanging on mainly because I am quite a fan of the Garo premise.

Oh well, at least there's the Ryuga movie coming out later this year to look forward to. :)
Last edited by XIII on Mon May 19, 2014 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: no talking about unreleased material
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Just so you know, no L in Eiris. It's two i's
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

abazigal wrote:
I do honestly find the pacing of the show quite slow [...]
All the Garo series are like that. It starts off slow and then reaches up to its climax and keeps on going until the end.
Zaruba
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Dragonball
Favorite Band: Metallica
My boom: Garo

Post by Zaruba »

My only complaint if I have any is the obvious way they try to leave his parents a mystery. It's very frustrating that they can't even say their names. They say mother instead of Kaoru. They can't even say Kouga's name. He is a legend but not even mentioned at all by Raiga and Gonza. Two people that dearly love him.

I mean you don't have to give any information about their current standing but at least say his damn name.
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

Zaruba wrote:My only complaint if I have any is the obvious way they try to leave his parents a mystery. It's very frustrating that they can't even say their names. They say mother instead of Kaoru. They can't even say Kouga's name. He is a legend but not even mentioned at all by Raiga and Gonza. Two people that dearly love him.

I mean you don't have to give any information about their current standing but at least say his damn name.

I was wondering if that's some sort of literary device in Japanese. Because I've seen other works (especially spin-offs) where characters can be referred to, but their names are avoided. Notably, I'm thinking of the Miles Edgeworth game where characters refer to Phoenix Wright, but never say his name.

Return to “-Makai no Hana-”