Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Garo Makai no Hana 06 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Garo_Makai_no_Hana_06

Uh... I want to like this episode, but it was a little too slow paced to me. Plus, I don't really understand the Horror's motives, which makes the situation a bit pointless? I get the overarching structure of Raiga's sadness to see the corruption of his childhood father figure, but they seemed to lazy out on the rest of the story.

Why does tragically losing a son turn someone into a Horror? Is being sad a thing that's evil?

And did the picture lady eat people? It didn't seem like he devoured them, he just stood outside and smiled to see his crazy work go off. It didn't make any sense!

That's really a bummer that the writing was so bad, because I really enjoyed the visuals of the episode. The wafts of nostalgia, the clashes and parallels with the modern age (with the old town emptied of people, shops closed, and tarp covering things unused). And Mayuri walking through the old town felt like it should have been something meaningful. I liked it, but I don't know if it was as cohesive as it could have been.

Anyway, Raiga, is your dad alive or not? I'm guessing he is, since we don't see you answering the glass maker (his name is Shimada btw. This is the second episode where the Horror's human form name is never said. ((Hint, if your bad guy's name never comes up in the script, he might not be very interesting!)) )

Also, I'm putting it down in the trivia section that the book is the one Kaoru made during Makai Senki. Someone let me know if I'm wrong though.
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Re: Garo Makai no Hana 06 released

Post by DaVinci030 »

That was quite a boring episode for me... but I think what I like most in this episode is the fight between Garo and Horror Egosireen.
takenoko wrote:Also, I'm putting it down in the trivia section that the book is the one Kaoru made during Makai Senki. Someone let me know if I'm wrong though.
I think you're right. This is the finished book... exactly as in the final episode of Makai Senki.

Spoiler
So Raiga enters the tower as Kouga does. That gate was only the same as Makai Senki.

Eric
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Ex-Aid
Dreamy: Poppy Pipopapo
Favorite Actor?: Iijima Hiroki
Favorite Band: something else
My boom: music, cheese stuff
Quote: "Hello there." -Obi-Wan Kenobi

Post by Eric »

BTW Tuesday release?! Too early?!
Discord: Eric the Gaming Guy#2407 | Deviantart | Tumblr

Watching: Zi-O, Saikyou Battle (Miniseries), Tokusatsu GAGAGA (Jdorama)
Completed: Gaim, ToQ, Ghost, Zyuoh, Ex-Aid, Kyuu, Build, Lupin VS Pat
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

At least it shows that Raiga is bound to duty without question. Ryuga would do something stupid like attempt to talk him out of it.
Jigoku_Eternal
Favorite series: All Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Rikako Sakata
Favorite Actor?: Kenji Matsuda
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Jigoku_Eternal »

Was Shimada one of the nine horrors sealed? I did not see one of the stones of Eyrith.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

No, Mayuri said "it's not one of the Horror of the stab" or something like that. So it's just a random Horror.
Dragg
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Gym!

Post by Dragg »

takenoko wrote:Why does tragically losing a son turn someone into a Horror? Is being sad a thing that's evil?
Wasn't it mentioned before that people that are weak-minded or have given in to despair can also be taken over by Horrors?
I could be remembering wrong though.

Either that or the messages that he has been hearing before turning into a Horror could be things people have said to him repeatedly after his son's death and caused him to hate the people around him.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Maybe it's just me, but one appeal of fiction is that it can enforce an order that doesn't exist in real life. In this case, I always thought Horrors were people who did bad things and kind of invited this horrible fate upon themselves.

And in this season, being homeless or being sad about your son makes you a candidate for turning into a monster. That's dissatisfying to me.

What can I say? Nerds like meritocracy. They like feeling like if you work hard enough, you get rewarded for it. And if you're a jerk, you get your comeuppance in the end. If just anyone can become a Horror, I guess that's more existentially creepy, but it doesn't seem like good world building to me. And it's falling back into the trap territory of Madou Horror from Yami, which I had a lot of problems with.
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

Eyrith (from english wiki)??? You mean Eiris.
Mandalori wrote:No, Mayuri said "it's not one of the Horror of the stab" or something like that. So it's just a random Horror.
Horror Egosireen is not one of the nine horrors in the slab. Random horror? I think you're right.
Eric wrote:BTW Tuesday release?! Too early?!
Yes. It's because Garo series (especially Makai no Hana) aired every Saturday midnight.

JujinSan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japan
Quote: Whats done is done and cannot be undone

Post by JujinSan »

This wasnt one of the better episodes. You had some strange woman (Yuki Onna?) with a blood tear eating people...i think? The wind chime maker just smiles and not really knowing whats going on. Crow was basically crow-barred (no pun intended) in at the end.
Aka no Kenshi! MakaiRed! Kenpo Sentai Makaiger!
Zaruba
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Dragonball
Favorite Band: Metallica
My boom: Garo

Post by Zaruba »

takenoko wrote:Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Garo_Makai_no_Hana_06
Why does tragically losing a son turn someone into a Horror? Is being sad a thing that's evil?
It was stated that extreme despair can leave you open to being possessed. Remember everything has an energy level and the horrors are drawn to dark, negative energy. Extreme despair is a low and dark energy because it keeps us from advancing in life. We can actually feel it in a room or air when someone is in a deep depression.

So although it's not necessarily evil and malevolent these horrors are drawn to it and prey on it.

It's partly why the woman in season one of the ring episode was possessed while she was in deep anguish and despair. Besides despair can lead to anger and anger can lead to violence and heinous acts.
And did the picture lady eat people? It didn't seem like he devoured them, he just stood outside and smiled to see his crazy work go off. It didn't make any sense!
Yeah I assumed that's how it worked. His wind chimes were his tool to bring a ghost out and feed in that way. Was really weird.
Anyway, Raiga, is your dad alive or not?
I sure hope so!!! He doesn't seem very depressed so I can only assume he had a great upbrining. Most people aren't in the best of moods if their parents died early. Just look at Kouga. Then again so did Kaoru's though so who knows.
Also, I'm putting it down in the trivia section that the book is the one Kaoru made during Makai Senki. Someone let me know if I'm wrong though.
Yes it was the same book. Love the little ties that Keita is putting in these episodes. Only true fans would notice as well. I want to see more ties to Kouga though.
Jigoku_Eternal

Post by Jigoku_Eternal »

DaVinci030 wrote:Eyrith (from english wiki)??? You mean Eiris.
Mandalori wrote:No, Mayuri said "it's not one of the Horror of the stab" or something like that. So it's just a random Horror.
Horror Egosireen is not one of the nine horrors in the slab. Random horror? I think you're right.
Eric wrote:BTW Tuesday release?! Too early?!
Yes. It's because Garo series (especially Makai no Hana) aired every Saturday midnight.
Thank you for the correction on Eyrith. :oops:
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

LOL, googling Eyrith gives you "Do you mean Aerith?" Reminds me of the confusion between Aeris and Aerith from FF7.
Jigoku_Eternal

Post by Jigoku_Eternal »

takenoko wrote:LOL, googling Eyrith gives you "Do you mean Aerith?" Reminds me of the confusion between Aeris and Aerith from FF7.
Very funny!! :lol:
Last edited by Jigoku_Eternal on Tue May 13, 2014 1:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.
DrowningFishy
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Post by DrowningFishy »

Some of this story seems re-used. If I remember correctly (and my memory is bad) Kouga got a toy from someone and that someone ended up a horror to. Jesus Christ don't give toys or birth to a Makai Knight or Priest for that matter. Seems to shorten your life dramatically. Seems like in the Makai world your lucky and special if you have everyone you loved and care for still alive or dying from old age.

Return to “-Makai no Hana-”