Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Garo Makai no Hana 07 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Garo_Makai_no_Hana_07

That was one of the best Garo episodes that I have seen. One nice thing about restarting the story over with Raiga is that we get to see him grow as Garo, the way Kouga did. But at the same time, we're carrying on all the mythology that's been built up in the series before.

Also, the heroic spirit of Garo has black eyes, but if you look closely, you'll see a tint of red. If you're a Garo fan, you know what that means, right? Here's a hint, he tells Raiga to "be strong". He's voiced by Watanabe Hiroyuki, Saejima Taiga.

And on top of all that, we learn the fate of Kouga and Kaoru.

We have Amemiya's writing with Yokoyama Makoto's directing (he also directed Cutie Honey the Live and the Kamen Rider the First movies).
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Re: Garo Makai no Hana 07 released

Post by DaVinci030 »

What a good episode! YAY! :D

It's good to see that tower of the Golden Knights again (i mean second time). And Zaji's back! 2 of them in Makai Senki... and now... 3? Well how strong is Zaji.
takenoko wrote:Also, the heroic spirit of Garo has black eyes, but if you look closely, you'll see a tint of red. If you're a Garo fan, you know what that means, right? Here's a hint, he tells Raiga to "be strong".
I know. I recognized him since the very beginning.

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I wonder if this is foreshadowing, but Raiga said he used to come to the forest with his mom and dad. Then with Gonza... perhaps hinting that this was the time after his parents had disappeared.

Isn't it ironic that Garo's sword becomes that giant one when he rides Gouten? Isn't that a horse-splitting sword?

There are a billion references in this episode. Read the wiki page if you want to see the list.

I appreciate the video gameesque build up. Raiga fights the first one bare handed. Then with a sword. Finally we have everything in the last fight.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

I remembered the significance of slaying 100 Horrors, but I didn’t remember Zaji or that episode from Makai Senki at all. It feels a little bit like cheating to not have Raiga fight his own shadow to earn Gouten, but from a television standpoint, I’m okay with them skipping Raiga fighting Garo since we already had an episode devoted to Kouga doing that.

When the heroic spirits referenced a Garo in another world, my first thought was that they were referring to Ryuuga and tying the Yami wo Terasu Mono world with the original Garo timeline. I like it better that they were confirming that Kouga and Kaoru are still alive, but stuck in another dimension. It's a nice way of explaining their lack of presence in the series, while also leaving the door open to a cameo at the end without necessarily having to "age" them.

I was really amused by Mayuri’s reaction to Raiga explaining that his parents disappeared in front of his eyes. The concern she exhibited was the least aloof she’s been all series. She also perked up after Raiga obtained Gouten. They're little moments, but it helps to humanize her.
Areku The O.F.
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: KR Black
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz
Dreamy: Too many to count...
Favorite Actor?: Tetsuo Kurata
Favorite Band: Dream Theater
My boom: Toku in general
Quote: "Gather ye rosebuds while ye may
Old time is still a' flying
And that same flower that smiles you today
Tomorrow will be dying..."

Post by Areku The O.F. »

So this is what you get when you mix the original's ep 9 and Makai Senki's ep 11, truly epic stuff. Like PHurricane I thought the one the heroic spirit was referencing was indeed Ryuuga too, also I loved Taiga's cameo. We finally get to see for the first time how the Saejima's access the mansion's training room and like you guys already mentioned Mayuri's becoming more human. The fights between Raiga and Zaji were the best I've seen in Garo so far, let's hope they can keep this up.
3... 2... 1... Time Out... Deformation.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

No, he was referring to Kouga, not Ryuuga. The spirits were specifically told to give the title to "his son".

If anything, Ryuuga's story probably takes place far into the future (or maybe even alternate universe)
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

At first, I also thought of Ryuuga. It would be funny if Yami in fact happened in an alternate dimension. Also, I liked Taiga's cameo. Too bad we don't see his face. And 2 eps in one for Raiga : Zaji and Gouten.

By the way, no one did notice the broken face in the forest? I think it was the Gate that Kouga destroyed in Makai 11, the one where Zaji came from. I think he even came from the destroyed Gate and then he goes back in the past.

Since he can duplicate himself, he probably keep a back up one if the ones fighting are destroyed, so he can keep fighting the one that hold the Garo's title.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, I noticed it and noted it on the wiki. I tend to keep the details simple and conversational for the thread and leave the gritty details for the wiki article.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Nearly shat myself when Taiga interrupted. Was pretty sure it was his voice. This is quite possibly my favorite episode of GARO ever. Nice tie back from the first two series.
Igarashi_Kiriiga
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kiva
Dreamy: Saejima Kouga
Favorite Actor?: I can't choose!
My boom: GARO
Quote: "saisho ni itte oku, ore wa tsuyoi jyanai. Ore wa tsugoku tsuyoi" aka "let me tell you from the start, I am not strong. I am very strong"

Post by Igarashi_Kiriiga »

I had to pause for a fangirl moment when I heard Taiga's voice, "I am not your father." he said. Hell no, you're his grandfather and that's the fact you failed to say, hha. I really enjoyed his cameo. Oh, and nice new details in this episode.

The fighting scene in this episode is great, amazing, awesome, can't find a good word to describe it. And we can finally understand Raiga a bit deeper, the "hope" he received from the tower made him look at the world a bit brighter, hence his rather cheerful disposition. I'm sure Kouga and Kaoru's disappearence is going to be a main plot line after Eiris is dealt with.

Looking at Raiga now, I can't help but feel worried. His parents disappeared in front of him, you think he might you know, blame himself because he can't do a thing about it? He said they diappeared when he was pretty young, is it after his walk in town from Ep. 6 or before?

By the way, what did Crow throw at the Grau fang? Haja no ken?

The way he looks make the girls feel honored to be reeled in
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Given Crow's ninja theme, I think what he throws are shuriken looking things called Enzan/Ensans 円参. I might have a picture of it in my magazine.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

YAY PONY IS BACK. In this episode we found out that Kouga and Kaoru are stuck in another dimension I can feel a cameo coming c:
abazigal
7X

Post by abazigal »

Awesome, is all I can say. I was just saying how I was getting bored with the past few episodes, then this one comes and blows everything away. The unarmed fight scene was brutal. The last one was quite video-gamey (especially Zaji's face when he gets kicked by Gouten), but well animated overall and worth it just to see Gouten's debut.

My guess is that Kouga is still alive, but captured by the enemy (doubt he stands much of a chance without his Armour, and the enemy likely wants to keep him alive to gloat or as a bargaining tool or something. Not sure about Kaoru though. Seems she wouldn't last long as a non-combatant.
JustiFan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by JustiFan »

Well first of all: YAY FOR GOUTEN!!! It wasn't until I watched through Yami wo Terasu Mono for the second time that it really dawned on me that Ryuuga never had or used Gouten, so it was great to see it back again. As well as the big sword.

Nice ties into Makai Senki as well, what with the tower, Zaji and the shot of the damaged statue. It surprised me at first to discover that Raiga thought his parents were dead. There goes my mental image of them living happily ever after in peace! :lol:

I'm sure they'll expand on the fate on Kouga and Kaoru at some point now that they've set it up. I have to wonder though about what Kouga's going through; the spirits said he was in the midst of fighting when they granted Raiga the armour, so presumably that means Kouga has given up his power just when he might have needed it the most. Granted, Kouga's a badass and I'm sure he can handle himself, but still you've got to wonder how much he just reduced his chances of survival.
abazigal
7X

Post by abazigal »

JustiFan wrote: I'm sure they'll expand on the fate on Kouga and Kaoru at some point now that they've set it up. I have to wonder though about what Kouga's going through; the spirits said he was in the midst of fighting when they granted Raiga the armour, so presumably that means Kouga has given up his power just when he might have needed it the most. Granted, Kouga's a badass and I'm sure he can handle himself, but still you've got to wonder how much he just reduced his chances of survival.
Well, he survived in Soukoku no Maryu without his sword, duster and ring (though it was only for a while), so there's a precedent.

Return to “-Makai no Hana-”