Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Garo Makai no Hana 10 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Garo_Makai_no_Hana_10

What a great episode. Kind of reminds me of the chess game from season one. Building on the characters and world, without the distraction of some bad horror story about the villain of the week.

Makai no Hana is probably one of the better Garo sequels, but realistically only like one a month has been any good. Like one was good, four (Movie) was good, seven (Myth) was good, and this was good.

Also the lady from Soukoku is back. And she's charming.

Edit:
Oh, more cameo trivia. If the flowershop girl and waitress look familiar, then you shouldn't be surprised to learn they were in Zero -Black Blood- and Gouraigan.

The portrait artist is Katsura Masakazu. He's a manga artist who's a friend of Amemiya Keita. He's known for drawing DNA^2, I's, and Video Girl Ai.

Crazy!
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Re: Garo Makai no Hana 10 released

Post by DaVinci030 »

It's good to see Judam (it's Anna) again. They look like a good couple after Gonza is having a break. What a neat episode (not about Horror :lol: ).

I remember that tool during Makai Senki 10.

Another trivia: Guess who? Makai Priest friend of Raiga's father? *so excited* You know who's she?
Spoiler
Manga? That's what I said.

Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

It's nice to have a Gonza episode. It really shows his character when he worries about other people like that. Having his first day off in 3 generations shows how much of a hard ass Taiga and Kouga must have been.
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

Good episode for Gonza. We seem to see him connecting to Mayuri more than Raiga is.

Question: (though I'm not sure if it's about the translation or the original language) When they refer to a "Makai Priest" friend of Raiga's father, is there a gender associated with that word? In English the term priest implies male, but I don't know if it's being used that way here.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

In Garo generally the priests can be male or female. If we know for sure, we'll use the female form, "priestess" but otherwise we use "priest" as a catch-all.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I tend to use Makai Priest for both male or female. Unless history makes a liar out of me.
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

In Tougen no Fue was different case. I saw the promo trailer you guys did priestess. In actual movie you guys use Priest to catch all. So I got it.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Wait, I translated that... I definitely would have used Priestess, unless takenoko changed it on me *narrows eyes*
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, and you qced it after my editing pass too!

/me tapes luna's eyes so they're perpetually narrow
Quetzalcoatl
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Black RX
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Dreamy: Yuriko Shiratori
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Favorite Band: Kumbia Kings
My boom: Lowriders
Quote: "Chicanos killing Chicanos is what they want! Blacks and Chicanos killing each other is what they want! That's how they run this place. Once we get together they don't run shit!"

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

I like this episode, Its nice to have an episode that isn't a monster of the week type.

What I like about this is that it was nice to see Mayuri smile. Seeing her smile just made me smile.

The video quality of the HD started off low for me but the quality started to get better as it progress.
I have to check with my other computer to see if my eyes isn't playing tricks on me.
Man its nice to be back in the forum.
Flying-gg
Adventure
Favorite series: Garo, Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim, Blade
Dreamy: Kaoru
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Flying-gg »

Finally we got to see THE answer we are all dying for : Gonza is not immortal and he only serves the Saejima family for "only" 3 generations.

That being said, it was a very good episode, Mayuri's character starts to grow slowly on me. It's kinda interesting to see some priest deciding to do some reconversion : I like it when normal life has some connections to makai world.
abazigal
7X

Post by abazigal »

DaVinci030 wrote:It's good to see Judam (it's Anna) again. They look like a good couple after Gonza is having a break. What a neat episode (not about Horror :lol: ).

I remember that tool during Makai Senki 10.

Another trivia: Guess who? Makai Priest friend of Raiga's father? *so excited* You know who's she?
Spoiler
Manga? That's what I said.
We know of at least 3. Rekka, Jabi and Amon.

That said, anyone think that the horror in this episode seems to share a similar design with the animation in the Soukoku No Maryu movie? Wonder if it was intended as some sort of homage, with the guest appearance of one of the actresses as well.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Huh. Am I the only one who assumed the Makai Priest friend line was foreshadowing that Anna was a Makai Priest? At first I thought it was Rekka since she's the fish lady, but it's different from her style of fish. Aren't the fish from the start of the episode the same style as the one from the bowl?

I wonder if Mayuri likes the fish since they're artificial, like she is.
JustiFan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by JustiFan »

abazigal wrote:
DaVinci030 wrote:
We know of at least 3. Rekka, Jabi and Amon.
You forget Leo, who was a Priest as well as a Knight. He's the one who immediately came to my mind when they mentioned the friend of Raiga's father, since he was the one known for creating Madou Tools.

It was a good episode and nice to see Gonza get a bit more focus, and I guess that settles the debate of whether he was the same Gonza or a descendant. Loved the piano music playing during this episode too.

I liked Anna, though I almost wish she hadn't been a Priest herself. It would've been nice to see Gonza have a little bit of personal life that wasn't connected to the Makai world in some way.
abazigal
7X

Post by abazigal »

takenoko wrote:Huh. Am I the only one who assumed the Makai Priest friend line was foreshadowing that Anna was a Makai Priest? At first I thought it was Rekka since she's the fish lady, but it's different from her style of fish. Aren't the fish from the start of the episode the same style as the one from the bowl?

I wonder if Mayuri likes the fish since they're artificial, like she is.
You know what? I think you are right. It never struck me at all - I thought the show was trying to link back to one of the characters from the earlier season, and I was so focused on looking out for references that I overlooked this part completely. It makes sense at the end as well, the sigils dancing on the plate matched those of the painting perfectly.

So the sigils gave Mayuri the illusion of taste?

Return to “-Makai no Hana-”