Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Garo Makai no Hana 12 released

Post by takenoko »

Agreed. I don't see where the previous guys are coming from either. And the phrasing is pretty tacky. Be a little more thoughtful in how you write, guys.
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

My bad... Sorry... I will be more careful.
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

Not a terrible story, but this episode is so low budget it feels like it was put in at the last minute to fill up the episode count.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Didn't notice it till I saw it on silverwind's blog, but the bride and husband are Crow and Mayuri

ImageImageImageImage
Orcen
Number 6
Number 6

Post by Orcen »

takenoko wrote:Didn't notice it till I saw it on silverwind's blog, but the bride and husband are Crow and Mayuri
That's just epic.
Victormaru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kaoru
Favorite Actor?: Mika Hijii
Favorite Band: m-flo
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: GARO
Quote: In the end, I am Eternal.

Post by Victormaru »

Wait, CROW and Mayuri got married in real-life? If so, that's awesome and congrats to them!
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

What? No, of course not, it was just a cute extra they put in there.
Lita Maivia
Why are we all 15?
Why are we all 15?
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Lita Maivia »

Just saw this episode and I was bored out of my mind. I wish instead of spending all the time on the scenes of Raiga and that girl walking around they would have given us a Horror battle with Crow and Mayuri. I was hoping to see some bonding between those two.

I love the pics of them as the bride and groom. That's an awesome extra.
BEAT_SKELETON
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Quote: DEAD MAN'S BONES

Post by BEAT_SKELETON »

I actually registered for this forum just because this was the first google hit for Garo Total Recall.

I'm kind of shocked nobody's talking about this so maybe It's just me but I loved this episode.

The copy of total recall sitting there in the beginning of the episode isn't JUST sitting there because they needed some books in the shot. Its the show's one hint at what's happening here.

If you've seen total recall, you probably know that it's about Arnold Schwarzenegger having crazy adventures on Mars after a botched memory implant makes him realize he was a spy all along. In the end he kills the bad guys, saves the girl, and rescues the entire planet, and everthing is great.

Or is it? Midway through the movie someone confronts Arnold, telling him that he's actually still in the memory implant machine, and that the entire mars adventure thing isn't even real. Furthermore if he keeps it up his brain will fry under the stress, everything will go white, and he'll die. Arnold, being an exciting action hero, assumes the guy is full of shit, because everything FEELS real enough, and shoots him in the head. Then at the end of the movie, he wonders for a moment if any of that crazy shit that just happened really was just a fake memory, and the whole film fades to white for the credits instead of black, as most movies do. The implication being that everything we just saw, mars and mutants and aliens and everything was in fact just a mad dream pumped into a man's brain by a broken computer before he finally became a vegetable.

This episode didn't have anything in the way of exciting gun fights on the red planet, but it did cast doubt on everything that had happened in it right at the end. We never see the "Moon dragonfly" all we see is a carving, which is all the girl ever saw/ They tell the girl that they're giving the thing back to its parent, but the case it was in is still closed, "Safe and sound" at the end. Ryuga explains that she won't remember any of the trippy dreamlike stuff after it's over, so what evidence do we have that any of it actually happened?

The entire point of the episode is that maybe everything that happened after the take the shots of makai drugs happened, or maybe it didn't. You can interpert it either way, just like you can with total recall.

I thought that was pretty cool.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

How did you notice the copy of Total Recall? It was upside down and on the screen for just a few seconds.

Also, I must have missed the slender(wo)man at the 9:00 mark since I was looking away.

But good point. I was wondering if perhaps he and she were given different drugs, but I guess there's no way of telling. The title of the episode is The Power of Words. Maybe the whole dream sequence is just a conversation that Raiga had with her before dropping her off at home to go to the real meeting place for the Spirit Beast.

It's probably worth pointing out that Amemiya Keiya did write and direct this episode. So it is a bit disappointing if taken at face value.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I actually enjoyed this episode, despite being a budget saving one.

Return to “-Makai no Hana-”