Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Garo Makai no Hana 13 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Garo_Makai_no_Hana_13

Pretty good episode. I think this is the most we've seen of Crow since his introduction (Even got a flight scene in there too).

I thought the moral ambiguity was clumsily handled though. I mean, what's the deal with that beast? He doesn't seem evil. Did he agree to have all these swords put in his back? "We kept putting our swords into him, but he broke out and killed us for some reason!"

One little moment I liked was the pause before Crow invited Raiga to the ceremony. You know he's thinking something, but not what.

A couple of name drops here. Eiji is mentioned, but not seen (even though he's been on the official page since episode one). And Taishi. Who wants to bet that one of these characters being introduced is going to be the big bad for the end of the series?

Also, Gento should look familiar. He was Radia from GranSazer.

I do have a few nitpicks. I know Raiga is the main character, but why are people always explaining things to him? He's the Golden Knight. So even a thug knight (thanks to Makai Senki we have the top-tier knights and then the rest are just trash mobs) knows what Mayuri is, but not Raiga? What gives?

And the conflict between the characters is terribly done. I get that Gento is a hothead who just lost all his friends. But it seems like everything could have been resolved beforehand with simple communication. Why did the team split up? So Mayuri could be kidnapped. Why was Mayuri kidnapped? So she can sympathize with the beast... that they need to kill anyway before he turns into a monster. So she can step in front of the beast and Raiga can be told that Mayuri is like Barg.

In short, I don't feel like I understand the character actions or motivations. Would it have been better if Barg died in Mayuri? What did Mayuri mean by the Barg saving her?
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Re: Garo Makai no Hana 13 released

Post by DaVinci030 »

I dunno who is Eiji.

And I don't understand what kind of power did Mayuri has. If Barg enter, I dunno if Mayuri sacrifices.

I like the effects how Garo cuts Barg in slow-motion. So the director is Nakagawa Shigeyuki, the special effects director of this series.

It's like in the original Garo OP, I like the new OP theme of this and I've ever heard the mention of Raiga in the lyrics. *Why not Kouga? Just kidding.*
Spoiler
Is that Morita Ryouko of Gouraigan (Andou Haruko)???

Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

takenoko wrote:.
I do have a few nitpicks. I know Raiga is the main character, but why are people always explaining things to him? He's the Golden Knight. So even a thug knight (thanks to Makai Senki we have the top-tier knights and then the rest are just trash mobs) knows what Mayuri is, but not Raiga? What gives?
I haven't got the feeling, not in this episode nor in any other, that Raiga doesn't know what Mayuri is. What makes Raiga different is that he doesn't treat her as an object and accept her as a person, that is all.
miryoku
Adventure
Quote: Blacking tosh.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by miryoku »

Well, It is said that Garo is the golden knight that is the strongest amongst the makai knights, they didn't say it was the wisest, smartest, intelligent or knowledgable.
If he were all that, he would be a Mary Sue.
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

No wonder Gento looks familiar. I recalled he was on Gransazer serve as villain.
abazigal
7X

Post by abazigal »

DaVinci030 wrote:I dunno who is Eiji.

And I don't understand what kind of power did Mayuri has. If Barg enter, I dunno if Mayuri sacrifices.

I like the effects how Garo cuts Barg in slow-motion. So the director is Nakagawa Shigeyuki, the special effects director of this series.

It's like in the original Garo OP, I like the new OP theme of this and I've ever heard the mention of Raiga in the lyrics. *Why not Kouga? Just kidding.*
Spoiler
Is that Morita Ryouko of Gouraigan (Andou Haruko)???
http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Garo_-Maka ... Characters

Eiji's apparently a makai knight of some sort. As mentioned above, he has been listed as a main character since the start of the show, but has yet to make his appearance, and we are already halfway through the series.

But then again, the priestess Jabi only appeared for like 2 episodes in the first Garo series, got killed off, and has actually become quite a popular character in the Garoverse.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

The Garoverse
JustiFan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by JustiFan »

Yep, that new ending song has just become an instant favourite of mine. ;)
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.

No 1 opening still Savior in the dark
My chart for Garo op
1- Savior in the dark... ( The most spiritual and waking up song)
2-Trigger Of Crisis... ( Though everyone dislike YOTM this song was totally rocks)
3-Opening theme no 1 from Season 1
4-Opening theme no 1 from Makai no Hana.
5-Opening theme no 2 from Makai no Hana.( I don't know the song title)
6-Opening theme no 1 from Makai Senki
7-Opening theme Zero Black Blood.
8-Waga Na wa Garo... ( It didn't have heavy vibes but still enjoyed)
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

The episode was okay to me, the opening theme didn't have the same energy as some of the other Garo OP 2, but I'm sure it'll grow on me. The new ending, not so much there. Interesting that it's
Spoiler
Crow instead of Raiga.

Next episode looks to be rather entertaining.
abazigal
7X

Post by abazigal »

I think the episode is trying to foreshadow that Mayuri will become the end boss of the series, like like Kaoru briefly became Messiah at the end of Garo season 1. That's why she looked so disturbed at the end; she probably already knew what would happen to her after she absorbed Eris' seed.

Otherwise, I didn't really see the point of this episode (but then again, I felt there were too many episodes in Makai no Hana which were pointless fillers that contributed little to the overall plot). Sure, a beast killed your companions and it's only natural to feel rage and want to take revenge, but who was the one who stuck the blades in its back in the first place?
berry889
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Black
Dreamy: Mana Kazaya
Favorite Band: Dir En Grey

Post by berry889 »

can someone explain what is shadowfolk
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I dunno, Crow just referred to him and his kind as "kage no mono" which means "people of the shadows". So I just simplified it to shadowfolk. I've seen this stuff mentioned in his profile, but I don't remember if he's mentioned it in-show or not.
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim

That could be referred to beast inside that well
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I'm pretty sure Crow was only referring to himself and the group of priests and knights at the ritual.

Return to “-Makai no Hana-”