Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Garo Makai no Hana 17 released

Post by takenoko »

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Garo_Makai_no_Hana_17

Excellent episode. Another brilliant work with Amemiya Keita as writer/director (with help from Era Itaru on the writing).

The kid they got to be young Raiga is a good fit. He looks just like the adult version. Man, those eyes...

Hey Rei. Enjoy getting kicked in the balls by a little kid!

Sorry to say, but you were a lot cooler in this one episode than you were in your six episode mini-series, Rei.

Is it me, or does Rei's coat look kind of beat up?

Those scene transitions at the end between young and old Raiga were excellent. Plus Kaoru's painting. Nice.

A few unspoken things in this episode intrigue me. We have Makai Priestess Akari (Played by Yoshii Rei) making a prayer for someone going on a journey. We have Rei going on a journey which makes Gonza uncomfortable. I think they're implying that he's leaving to find Kouga. Does that mean he and Akari have something going on?

Also, ending credits are pretty good with Mayuri reading Kaoru and her father's books.
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Re: Garo Makai no Hana 17 released

Post by DaVinci030 »

It's good to see Rei again. *so excited* :-)

What a good episode.

XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

This is one of the best episodes of the series, why couldnt they have more of this quality, more of the fighting between friends

Good to see Rei again, wasnt expecting it, but adds more depth to the show and links it back nicely, nice to show that he can be a mentor when he needs to be.

I'm wondering if that gift Raiga gave to Akari will have importance later in the series
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by xiiliea »

Maybe they should have Rei return and say "I'm back" or something. Would be really nice to see that after him promising that he would be back.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

The moment I saw Rei the moment I squealed as a Garo fan. I wasn't expecting him to show its great to see him again.
Golden Knight
Dreamy: Rian
Quote: Long live GARO

Post by Golden Knight »

Ya pretty f-ing awesome to have Zero back! Definitely the best episode of the season. Reminded me why I love this series so much. Made me kinda emotional when the episode ended. All we need now is Kouga to make an appearance :)

It would also make sense for Jabi to make an appearance and check on Kouga's son. That would be great to see as well. I could see Jabi doing that :)
Zaruba
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Dragonball
Favorite Band: Metallica
My boom: Garo

Post by Zaruba »

YESSS!!! This is what this show needed. This was a great episode. Soooo damn good to see Rei and it was like seeing an old friend again. Love the whole episode even if the veteran Rei was almost losing to a little boy that had less training lol.

It makes sense that Raiga was trained by Rei because if you look back in the first few episodes of this season Raiga is very good with his sword and sheath. He uses his sheath like it's another sword many times throughout the series.

I really loved that they showed the original painting of Kaoru. Was wondering when we would see it. Then Mayuri looking through the picture books. Man that was well needed for me. Glad to see good momentos!
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

So every epic character from the 2 previous seasons went wherever Kouga and Kaoru are. Now I want a movie about that, it would be like Amemiya's Avengers.

Great episode, and that fight scene was awesome.
meljta
Infinity
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Sentai and Riders
Favorite Actor?: Junya Ikeda
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japon
Quote: Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reings, yet by the blade of knights, maikind was given hope.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by meljta »

I loved this episode, good to see Rei-san again this time like an uncle and teacher...
i hope that can also back Kaoru and Kouga, a family reunion with some good battles of father and son, and of course Zero and Kurou would be great!
We are the two-in-oneKamen Rider
MadCow
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Watanabe Natsuna
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: miraculous
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by MadCow »

It seems that every proper Garo season needs to have a child-in-training episode. Now I can't decide if I like this one or Makai Senki's better.
JustiFan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by JustiFan »

REI!!! Damn right, my friend! Great to see him again - even though Black Blood wasn't that long ago, it feels like an age!
takenoko wrote:A few unspoken things in this episode intrigue me. We have Makai Priestess Akari (Played by Yoshii Rei) making a prayer for someone going on a journey. We have Rei going on a journey which makes Gonza uncomfortable. I think they're implying that he's leaving to find Kouga. Does that mean he and Akari have something going on?
The prayer spell seemed to be a throwback to Yami wo Terasu Mono when Rian did something similar for Ryuga's mother. Rei and Akari could know each other, but wouldn't they have acknowledged each other in some way during that scene?
takenoko wrote:Also, ending credits are pretty good with Mayuri reading Kaoru and her father's books.
We see Kaoru's picture book again... and they still won't show us the bloody last page! Why do I get the feeling now that, if they ever do show it, it'll just be an anti-climax? :lol:
Katiana
Adventure
Favorite series: too many to list
Favorite Band: Eyeshine
My boom: Toku

Post by Katiana »

JustiFan wrote: We see Kaoru's picture book again... and they still won't show us the bloody last page! Why do I get the feeling now that, if they ever do show it, it'll just be an anti-climax? :lol:
Somebody on another site had the same question and somebody answered that the last page of the picture book had a bunch of personal messages from the crew to Ryosei Konishi, Kouga's actor. And that he was tearing up while reading them. Of course, this is also to say, they never actually made a real last page for the book, and as such they're never going to actually show us the last page.
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

Another great episode! We could use more like this.

I wonder if Kouga and Kaoru will show up in the finale? (or maybe in a movie?) Though there is the lack of aging that needs to be dealt with somehow.

Love seeing Rei. So does this mean he never came back from his journey?

I'd love to see more old Garo characters show up in later episodes.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

The best part about this is that Rei wasn't spoiled in the previous episodes teaser (unless I missed it). Fantastic episode all around. Nice to know that Raiga had the 2nd baddest knight training him.
Victormaru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kaoru
Favorite Actor?: Mika Hijii
Favorite Band: m-flo
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: GARO
Quote: In the end, I am Eternal.

Post by Victormaru »

Catastrophe wrote:The best part about this is that Rei wasn't spoiled in the previous episodes teaser (unless I missed it). Fantastic episode all around. Nice to know that Raiga had the 2nd baddest knight training him.
I agree. Rei Suzumura appearing in this flashback episode totally surprised me. And I loved it. Rei revealing to be Raiga's trainer as a kid was pretty cool. Mayuri reading Kaoru's old picture books sort of completed my life. Overall amazing episode. I'd love to see more old faces returning. Next episode looks like it'll be great as well.

Return to “-Makai no Hana-”