Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Garo Makai no Hana 20 released

Post by takenoko »

Hey, that panda commercial is really good. Don't sell it short.
jason3000
Infinity
Quote: wagana wa garo,ogon kishi

Post by jason3000 »

Crow character dissapoint me so much,
He just a side kick with no development.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

No mention of the girl who guest starred in this episode? Isn't she the cute girl from Gekiranger? All grown up now. I'm sure we are going to see more of her in the future. Anyways, about the episode, I agree with everyone about Crow. He was doing a good job handling his business but took a backseat to Raiga in the last battle. I was hoping to see Crow finish it but of course, Raiga is the main hero. The gigantic Iron Man suit is pretty awesome. I thought it was CGI but hell no, it was legit. I want to see some behind the scenes stuff on how they are able to achieve of all this. Lastly, nice to see Mayuri make a cameo appearance.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Oh. I'm surprised I didn't mention that. Yup, that's Natsume all grown up:

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kuwae_Sakina
KR_FIA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by KR_FIA »

How long is this season supposed to go for? I can't believe they are still going for fillers if they are attempting to fit it in a 24-26 episodes.

As for the episode itself, I suppose I'm rather disappointed with how it came out. From the preview, I expected something of a school girl trying to be a crime fighter with her steel man only to be shown the true nature of her personal bodyguard or something later on. It doesn't help either that the episode pretty much writes out that Garo can do anything, because he's like Batman.

I'm not sure even why Crow is in this episode at all.
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

I got strong Iron Giant vibes from the Horror design, especially when the girl was riding him.

The twist on the nature of the Horror was really good.

Nice to see an episode trying to focus on Crow. I've been trying to figure out if Crow's failures as a character are due to the script or the actor's inexperience. I love the character, but he has so much untapped potential.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

DaVinci030 wrote:Are you sure they're inside Garo? It doesn't look like they're inside the armor. But I'm sure of what Raiga said.
It seems once the armor is complete the wearer's body is shunted into armorspace or something. It kind of explains how some of the really bad hits don't get directly translated to the wearer and why the armor "bleeds runes" at times. (It seems the pain transfers over and causes some damage that way, like when the dude in the third season was blinded from a face stab.) I wonder if this is a full-on trope in Tokusatsu? Think of all the form rides that Decade did. It seems like most of the riders didn't really have their bodies twisted by the form rides, almost like the transformed body was a surrogate.
Masked Rider
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: Shinkenyellow
Favorite Actor?: Ayumi Kinoshita
Favorite Band: Ayumi Hamasaki
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Shadow Kick!!!

Post by Masked Rider »

Good episode. I can't wait to see if Hawkeye, Hulk, or Captain America will appear in future episodes (oh, come on. Someone was bound to make this joke).

Great to see Kou Shibasaki is still around. Her smile while eating that crispy ice cream sandwich is heaven.
abazigal
7X

Post by abazigal »

AxemYellow wrote:I got strong Iron Giant vibes from the Horror design, especially when the girl was riding him.

The twist on the nature of the Horror was really good.

Nice to see an episode trying to focus on Crow. I've been trying to figure out if Crow's failures as a character are due to the script or the actor's inexperience. I love the character, but he has so much untapped potential.
I see this episode as trying to show Crow being treated more like a human being and as an equal.

If you watch earlier episodes, he clearly shows great deference towards Raiga (mainly because he is the golden knight), and his initial contempt for Mayuri is clear (but he listens to Raiga when told off about it). I think he was raised and trained to support other Makai knights, and follows a very clear hierarchy. As a result, he probably has very few friends. It's like being told you are a servant and considered "lesser" than the people you work for.

Still, I was disappointed that Crow didn't summon his armour at all. He fared okay against the horror in human form, but was completely outclassed by the iron golem. How badly do Makai Knights have to be beat up before they realise they are in deep crap and start to call on their armours?
DrowningFishy
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Post by DrowningFishy »

Alessar wrote:I wonder if this is a full-on trope in Tokusatsu? Think of all the form rides that Decade did. It seems like most of the riders didn't really have their bodies twisted by the form rides, almost like the transformed body was a surrogate.
I was rewatching this ep then it hit me. Probably would not be full-on trope in all Tokusatsu. Think how many broken helmets/masks we have had so far. Now show me Garo fighting with a broken helmet. Yeah we seen Garo slowly put on the armor but not full on fight with partial armor not to mention any significant enough damage to the armor they (they makai knights) seem to pop out like a pea in a pod rather stay in damaged armor.

Now correct me if I am wrong 'cause I am wrong a lot. LOL that's why I usually dont' speak up.

Yeah decade did a lot of rider abuse. He should be jailed for that.
Zaruba
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Dragonball
Favorite Band: Metallica
My boom: Garo

Post by Zaruba »

Mandalori wrote:We even got to see how it was in the armor : some kind of golden sky. I watched it months ago now so I can be mistaken.
No you're right Kouga said they were inside Garo's armor at that moment.

Return to “-Makai no Hana-”