Garo Makai no Hana 24 released

KR_FIA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Re: Garo Makai no Hana 24 released

Post by KR_FIA »

That's a possibility, but considering how early it was when Raiga said that, he has to be very desperate for a relationship if that's what he meant.

Seriously, if Crow just worded it, "You like her, don't you?", it wouldn't come out as awry.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

Good lord. Straczynski is literally the god of foreshadowing. Like in Babylon 5 he sowed hints and build up materials like still blows people's minds on a re-watch. Like in one early episode someone goes poking around in a region of space known for communications wackiness and weird stuff happening to ships and their ship stalls. G'kar comes and rescues her. A few years later it's revealed that exact sector is where some of the hidden ancient beings are chilling. Even if he hasn't had the chance to seed thing he never forgets what's been established. Now the people who ran the Battlestar Galactica remake? They made shit up every week, forgot things they said, and contradicted themselves. Hacks.

A good plot twist is when something turns unexpectedly but within reason. For instance, Crow offering himself up to Eiris instead of Mayuri. That was a good plot twist. It seemed very possible that what was going to happen near the end of the series was that Mayuri would try to seal the last of the slab horrors and Eiris would take over. Cleric Jiru (sp?) basically served up a guilty face while telling Raiga she'd check into Mayuri quitting the job after sealing Eiris - she was giving off the impression of Mayuri not being likely to survive that feat.

In the first episode of the series we were told the parents were sucked into another dimension. Later it was clarified that Kaoru was sucked into another dimension and Kouga went after her (timing was not clear whether they went essentially together or if Kouga got someone to send him after her; notably, that IS what Rei seemed to have done). Also, in the flashback for Raiga inheriting the mantle of Garo, he went to the tower of the ancestors and they contacted Kouga in another dimension, and transported the Garo-ken back to earth.

So, if it turns out that Eiris's time manipulation is what caused "ANOTHER DIMENSION" as Zaruba said, that is super lame. If we're just getting unclear dialog or the ring is being a little dumb (not out of character honestly) and actually what Eiris meant was that she had her pan-temporal tentacles in the vicinity of that event and though it was separate from her she could intercede and pluck Kaoru and Koga out of the time stream, that would be ... ok. If not, it's half retcon and half asspull.

I don't know. It's all so horribly sloppy. This series has pissed away so much potential.
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

A lot of nice designs, as usual for the end of a Garo series.

Much of the discussion in this thread makes me wonder what age group this show is made for. It has adult themes, but the story structure and writing makes it seem like a kids show (this season anyway). I generally expect more character and plot development in a show aimed at adults, but I'm used to American tv.

I don't mind the time manipulation coming out of nowhere. It does give a nice way to connect to Raiga's parents' disappearance. I thought that might be addressed in a later movie (and might still be).

Crow seems to show much more emotion here than in the rest of the series.

I enjoy this series, but I am disappointed since it had the potential to be much better.
silver arrow
Gao
Favorite series: Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: All of them :3
Favorite Band: The Black Mages
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: One Piece

Post by silver arrow »

abazigal wrote:Last thing - was I the only one who thought (for a moment) that Elris was going to drain the gold essence out of Garo armour, thus leading to the black Garo we see in Yami no Terasu? :P
That's exactly what went through my head too.

Edit from take: Adjusted the quote to show the proper author, since I don't want to linked to any crazy theories associating anything Yami with the rest of the Garo mythdom.
Henshin a go go baby!
-Joe
Zaruba
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Dragonball
Favorite Band: Metallica
My boom: Garo

Post by Zaruba »

Visually this season was great. Plot, acting, and just overall quality it was meh. I was thoroughly disappointed with this season.

The main reason I think were the actors just pale in comparison to Konishi, Rei, Miki etc.

Season 1 and 2 are just so much better in every aspect that this change and season pales in comparison in every facet. If those other seasons and actors weren't there to compare it might have been better but I dont think Garo would have ended up being as popular. It's a shame too. So much potential with this season.....

Also I think Kouga and Kaoru went into another worm hole other than what Eiris created. Eiris wasn't around during that time, unless like someone else said Eiris created that wormhole from another timeline or whatever.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

That's exactly what she said : she opened wormholes to various time to suck all Horrors from all times. She probably view Kaoru as still one since she was Messiah at one time, maybe. Or maybe it opened at random. But she definitely said it was leading to various times, not just spaces.
Masked Rider
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: Shinkenyellow
Favorite Actor?: Ayumi Kinoshita
Favorite Band: Ayumi Hamasaki
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Shadow Kick!!!

Post by Masked Rider »

This episode: Thanks for the boobs. Will never get tired of that.

Commercials: Thanks for including Aya Ueto. Will never get tired of that.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

Alessar wrote:Good lord. Straczynski is literally the god of foreshadowing. Like in Babylon 5 he sowed hints and build up materials like still blows people's minds on a re-watch. Like in one early episode someone goes poking around in a region of space known for communications wackiness and weird stuff happening to ships and their ship stalls. G'kar comes and rescues her. A few years later it's revealed that exact sector is where some of the hidden ancient beings are chilling. Even if he hasn't had the chance to seed thing he never forgets what's been established. Now the people who ran the Battlestar Galactica remake? They made shit up every week, forgot things they said, and contradicted themselves. Hacks.
I just put the examples by looking at my bookshelf and saying the three first writers that made twist out of nothing and worked out, so I was refering to JMS' Spider-man XD. All that Ezequiel plot came from nothing, but it made sense within the universe and was well received by fans, me included.

Return to “-Makai no Hana-”