Garo Makai no Hana 25 released

jason3000
Infinity
Quote: wagana wa garo,ogon kishi

Re: Garo Makai no Hana 25 released

Post by jason3000 »

takenoko wrote:He got it from Akari/Mayuri's bell. Mayuri drops it and it lands on Raiga when he was in Heart Destruction mode.
Abazigal is asking how raiga suddenly can change from heart destruction mode to luminous beast form ,he only get the bell to overcome the darkness from heart destruction mode.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Same thing. Garo's armor has always been malleable, changing into different forms as needed by the user. Raiga getting a new form from the feelings in the bell isn't unlike Kouga getting wings from Kaoru.
Zaruba
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Dragonball
Favorite Band: Metallica
My boom: Garo

Post by Zaruba »

Visually this series and episode was great. I did like the final horror as well. I wasn't satisfied because my expectations of a good season from before was not met. I just didn't like what they allowed each characted to do and not do. Not enough character development for me and not enough plot explanation either. I also didn't like that Kouga and Kaoru weren't mentioned at all by Gonza, or Raiga. I think they've just accepted their fate as gone... It's still frustrating and as a viewer I feel as though I was more upset and enraged that they can't find them more they seemed to be. I mean wouldn't Raiga at least ask where the hell his parents and what did you do with them? I just can't but feel helpless when my two favorite characters are gone and to make matters worse are replaced in a show by inept actors and or characters. I mean Raiga seemed to have better memories of that random Makai Priest than he did his parents. Not once did they show a happy flashback....

Just my opinion but the reason I was so drawn to the show before was the manner in which Kouga fought and had such a chip on his shoulder at all times. Then having Kaoru clash with his personality so much that they actually meshed well. There was drama within the drama and made the series so much more entertaining. Anyways, I sure hope they have some kind of special. Until then I'll just keep rewatching season 1 and 2 and try to watch it as though it was the first time. Maybe I'll give this one another go because visually it was great and maybe I'll catch on to more but I was disappointed on many levels.
Victormaru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kaoru
Favorite Actor?: Mika Hijii
Favorite Band: m-flo
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: GARO
Quote: In the end, I am Eternal.

Post by Victormaru »

jason3000 wrote:About your video,you forget about flash knight lord.
(leo fudo armor)
Damn, you're right. I had the clip ready too but I must've forgotten to add it in. Thanks for noticing that. I'm going to remake the video.
Azazel wrote:He is referring to the Garo anime that starts on Friday
Oh, okay. Awesome! I'm going to remake my video once we get the anime character's first transformation then.
abazigal wrote:I dunno, many things in this episode just didn't feel satisfying. Apart from Raiga, the other characters didn't seem to contribute much. TaIshi and Crow didn't fare so well against the lost beast form. Bikuu looked cool flying around with that umbrella of hers, but soon got knocked out as well.

Overall, the series didn't feel very satisfying.
I feel you. This was exactly what I thought, 100%. I was overall unsatisfied with everything. The episode was pretty cool but it really could've been a lot better. Then again, the character build-ups were non-existent so they pretty much ran out of episodes to work on it. Although I don't know why they chose to make a bunch of filler episodes rather than expand on the characters. And people thought Yami wo Terasu Mono was bad, which in my opinion was amazing, lol.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

It seems like to me that this show is what you guys wanted after Yami. You complain about the Horrors being the same so you got more unique Horrors. You complain about the Makai Knights being all CG so you got the partial return of the suits. You complain that it wasn't like the original two seasons so it returned to that format and being more related to the original characters. Now to say you guys aren't completely wrong that it could have been a lot better but admit that it was more what you wanted from Garo than Yami was.

Maybe it's time for Garo to take a break and reevaluate itself for a year before coming back again. Also some of you need to stop comparing the new guys to the old ones. You got the old ones so high that the new ones don't have a chance to surpass them ever.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

Hm, overall I was underwhelmed. There was just too much sudden crap. I particularly thought that after all the build up implying Mayuri was going to have to assimilate Eiris, having her cast out the other horrors and form a new seal slab bordered on ass-pull. If they had made her just a little bit have any power other than doing a suck the horror into the hand even just a tiny bit of priestess training I would have been better with that. Then they pulled the whole "she has to give up her memories or die" nonsense and have that be an excuse to send Raiga into her soul, and THEN they decide to lolno just didn't forget after all because lovetwuloveitwasamiracle. *HEAD. DESK* They could have just said she had some residue and sent him in but noo they have to build it up and have it be a cheap fakeout. Sloppy. Just sloppy.

Even the giant Garo form was just not well done. The way I see it is that Raiga never really had a chance to do anything that would establish him as being as good as or better than Kouga so they went with the berserk beast transformation. Kouga cancelled out of his so having Raiga master the corruption was a 1-up. Except that it's a retcon, it was stated in season 1 that when a knight exceeds the time on his armor, the armor starts to eat him and then if he masters it he can merge with his armor and become something like a horror that eats other horrors. That's why the villains actually shit a brick when Kouga exceeded his armor limit - the bad guy thought Kouga was going to "sell himself to the darkness" just like he did and in other words, become a threat. But ok whatever the bell rang and lots of good vibes came in and it was more like when Kouru used her golden pencil to give him wings in the fight vs Messiah or ... whatever.

One of the problems I had with this series is Mayuri. No dis on the actress I think she did a great job with a crap part. Contrast her with Kaoru, she was a lot more interesting and even though she couldn't do much except help with a power-up near the end she was plucky as all hell. I think even REKKA is a more interesting character than Mayuri and I am not a fan of hers. They needed to humanize Mayuri a lot sooner, give her some degree of agency, and give her a better outfit. (Powerful makai cloth/dress of power that let her be in combat my ass.) They could have done better with Crow for that matter too. At one point during the possession sequence he snarled something like, "You have no idea what I did to become a knight!" and my response was, "You're right but I wish they would have freaking given us that episode FFS!!"

TLDR: lots of bits of this series were good but the whole thing needed a serious edit and smoothout and some good actors and cool costume designs went to waste.
jason3000
Infinity
Quote: wagana wa garo,ogon kishi

Post by jason3000 »

still not as good as season 1,
I am very dissapointed.
hope that garo anime doesnt sucks.
KR_FIA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by KR_FIA »

Theoretically, Kiba surpasses Garo by running out his timer and getting corrupted, and here we have Raiga managed to transform into Luminous Beast mode ala Super Saiyan 3. Boy, I sure love power level.

So no matter what Eiris did, it's for naught since every generations has a Garo to curbstomp whatever she sent out. It's a losing battle before it even started.

One glaring thing about this series is that there is not much of a difference between normal and slab horror except with Mayuri stating whether they are or not. They are only a level stronger if they are hosting Eiris, and it's already a pity handful. Hell, I can't even name which is and which isn't if you tell me to do so at the moment.

Sure, I might be having bias over Season 1, but really, the last few installations just did not make Horror as horrifying as it used to. The only one giving me the creep is a portable house trapping gullible trespassers? Then we have a conductor or a thrill machine host.

And regarding Mayuri, being a heroine, she has done nothing much other than being a target most of the time. I can understand if it was Kaoru, but most of the time, she just appears and says "Nope, that isn't a slab horror." Of course, the same could be said for most of the side characters like Bikuu, and Crow couldn't even make a good foil to Rei.

As much as people hating YwTM, I enjoyed it more than MnH since it actually had a coherent plot going on compared to this series. I really wanted to like this series, but it just failed to deliver. Take out all the nudity, and it can easily pass as a Sunday morning show.
KR_FIA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by KR_FIA »

Dragonfan wrote:*snip*
Nothing is wrong with filler episodes, but not when the series is limited to 26 episodes at most. With that number of episodes, some audience (including me) would prefer to learn more about the characters, especially with a fresh new cast. Even with filler episodes in season 1 has the horrors questioning Kouga on why did he protect Kaoru, the one who would have died in 100 days nevertheless. Granted, the problem here might be bad directions with everyone trying to write up their script. For example, in first episode, we are explicitly shown why the museum security guard is possessed. And yet when the 2nd episode came, the whole thing was thrown out of the window. I wouldn't have complained more if the fillers are at least interesting, but they just pales compared to the ones in Makai Senki even when some of those in MS were equally bad (But seriously, who didn't chuckle when Kouga knows nothing about poker)

If anything, one more thing I will like to point out that there isn't much of a consequence going on with this series. When Ryouga killed the bride, the media reacted with fear, but when another mangaka disappeared in a chain event with an assistant knowing his last meeting with a man in white? I'd buy it if a fatalist artist who disappeared when under pressure, but this is getting ridiculous. Oh right, after all he has done, Eiji can still move on without getting any form of punishment for his deeds.
Lunagel wrote:naked chick as last boss
I won't call Ganon naked. Neither is Judam.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

KR_FIA wrote:
Dragonfan wrote:*snip*
Nothing is wrong with filler episodes, but not when the series is limited to 26 episodes at most. With that number of episodes, some audience (including me) would prefer to learn more about the characters, especially with a fresh new cast. Even with filler episodes in season 1 has the horrors questioning Kouga on why did he protect Kaoru, the one who would have died in 100 days nevertheless. Granted, the problem here might be bad directions with everyone trying to write up their script. For example, in first episode, we are explicitly shown why the museum security guard is possessed. And yet when the 2nd episode came, the whole thing was thrown out of the window. I wouldn't have complained more if the fillers are at least interesting, but they just pales compared to the ones in Makai Senki even when some of those in MS were equally bad (But seriously, who didn't chuckle when Kouga knows nothing about poker)

If anything, one more thing I will like to point out that there isn't much of a consequence going on with this series. When Ryouga killed the bride, the media reacted with fear, but when another mangaka disappeared in a chain event with an assistant knowing his last meeting with a man in white? I'd buy it if a fatalist artist who disappeared when under pressure, but this is getting ridiculous. Oh right, after all he has done, Eiji can still move on without getting any form of punishment for his deeds.
I don't get what are you implying with the thing with the museum security guard. They showed that at the first episode for beginners (as well as the timer), but doesn't have to be shown every episode.

About the bride, the mangaka, etcetera... Normally, the watchdogs cover this things erasing memories and all that stuff. I mean, killing a mangaka is a minor thing considering that in this show we have seen a fight in a giant metal wheel running throughout the city or a battle inside a giant tornado made of girders coming from a building. In Yami wo terasu mono that didn't happen because in Vol City there was no official presence of the watchdogs.

We still don't know what happens to Eiji, if he is totally free yeah, that would be dumb.

And about "Nothing is wrong with filler episodes, but not when the series is limited to 26 episodes at most". That is the number of most of the American TV Show. House M.D., 24, Community... Every show that I have watched is more or less like that. In House M.D., we normally had some kind of plot in two episodes, first one and last one of every season. That doesn't make the show bad, it is just that kind of show.

I get that some people prefers continuous plot, but like I said, that is not a quality thing, it is just a narrative option like any other.
Bunkyo
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Makai no Hana
Dreamy: Mayuri
Favorite Band: Morning Musume
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by Bunkyo »

That is exactly how it should have ended. No Kouga, badass power-up and Mayuri lives. Now to just wait for the movie...

Also, when Bikuu comes flying in my first thought was about Mary Poppins. :lol:
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

A good ending to the series; though I kind of wanted Kouga's battle in Mayuri's mind to be less anticlimactic.

This series was almost two shows - with the random horror episodes being one show and the ending plot episodes being the other. I noticed that Gonza was a very important character for much of the series, but then vanishes near the end. It would have been nice if they had merged the two sides of the show much better.

I felt Kouga and Mayuri were developed enough, but not really Crow. Some of the other supporting cast could have been in an extra episode or two as well. Honestly I think I'd have to rate this show at the bottom of the four series; it just didn't have enough going for it.
Victormaru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kaoru
Favorite Actor?: Mika Hijii
Favorite Band: m-flo
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: GARO
Quote: In the end, I am Eternal.

Post by Victormaru »

Updated my transformation video to add in Leon Lewis from Honoo no Kokuin. Now it's complete!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0PVkgGCgSU
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

Have to agree that the first half of the show felt like a different show compared to the 2nd half. The first half felt like the original first series but then filler episodes took over and it started to lose steam. And then some characters were introduced way too late when they should've made sporadic appearances throughout the show to make us care for them. I don't care about Eiji's plot at all in these last few episodes. I just wanted to see how Raiga, Miyuri and Crow get rid of the Eiris. To see the Berzerker Mode was pretty cool as I kinda forgot about it. Lol...They went all out with the special effects. The battle against the naked chick felt like a CGI video game. Her attacks were pretty cool though. And the ending with Mayuri being revived was ambiguous. Does she still have her memories or is this a new Mayuri like Zaruba was in the original series? Crow got the short end of the stick in this show. I don't remember any cool moments. He was just there...to advance the plot. In all, this show had it's moments but not the best. Still better than Yami wo Terasu Mono though.
CrazyDreamer
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite Actor?: Mark Musashi
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: (1) No show shall be distributed in a country in which it is available legally. (2) No show shall be sold for a profit. (3) Viewers shall be encouraged to buy licensed versions if they become available.

Post by CrazyDreamer »

If it's permissible to ask a question about the CMs . . . ?

What's that song the girl in the elevator is singing to herself? It sounds really familiar. . . .

Return to “-Makai no Hana-”