Garo -Gold Storm- Shou 01 released

zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Re: Garo -Gold Storm- Shou 01 released

Post by zeta_gundam »

Just wondering: Has it ever been formally established where in the GARO canon the Yami-verse is set in? Is it an alternate universe from the Saejima-GARO dudes, or is it the same world, but far into the future?

I don't like the weird 'collar' that is now on GARO's armor. It looks odd.

And I found the ending sequence to be rather... lacklustre compared to previous ending sequences. I've always enjoyed the stuff they did for the previous series. This one, on the other hand, feels a little non GARO-like to me.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Already I'm liking this volumes more than YwTM. That series didn't really use the Garo mythos and just let all the rich history and backstory kinda slip by the wayside. With Amemiya back in charge, this is shaping up to be actually pretty decent.

Vampirella chick is kinda cool. Inoue is wearing a corset! Also, Ryuuga got a personality transplant, hooray!
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

takenoko wrote:
Dragonfan wrote:BTW, now that you mention the two girls. I know they are twins and all but... isn't the picture in the wiki the same for both girls? I mean, they can't be soo alike XD.
LOL, that's what being twins are dude. I can see some minor differences, but they're going to look the same otherwise. They share the same birthday, so I think they're real twins.
So are you trying to tell me that the girl in this picture

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/MIO

and the girl in this one

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/YAE

are the not same person? XD
Last edited by Dragonfan on Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
abazigal
7X

Post by abazigal »

zeta_gundam wrote:Just wondering: Has it ever been formally established where in the GARO canon the Yami-verse is set in? Is it an alternate universe from the Saejima-GARO dudes, or is it the same world, but far into the future?

And I found the ending sequence to be rather... lacklustre compared to previous ending sequences. I've always enjoyed the stuff they did for the previous series. This one, on the other hand, feels a little non GARO-like to me.
I like to think that it's somewhere in the future. The 1st series mentioned that Garo armour lost its shine with its former owner in a great battle. I like to think that some descendent of Raiga perished in a battle with a foe so great he was forced to expend the armour's power to defeat it, leaving him with no children whom he could pass it on to.

We also saw Kaoru's book in one of the episodes, so that's a sense of continuity, I guess.

It's also possible that Ryuga could be linked by blood to the Saejima bloodline. In honoo no kokuin, Alfonso is Leon's cousin, since their mothers were sisters. But personally, I think the relationship isn't so important. Just enjoy this series for what it is, without any baggage from the original series.

On a side note, am I the only one who liked Ryuga in the 1st series? I liked that Ryuga was this plucky underdog who had to earn his armour and that acceptance of Zaruba the hard way. His flaws like his immaturity actually makes him more "real" as a person. Conversely, Kouga and Raiga is like this trust fund kid who comes with his own mansion and butler and the armour and ring was practically handed down to him by blood. They also struck me as being too "perfect". But could be just me.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

Cthulhu wrote:Can someone clarify something to me , horrors know makkai knight exist and they sure as hell know Garo , so why t hell they even try to fight when they see the red sword ? why not just run away imdiatelly
A few do, but most are cocky and stupid. Also, when a knight cuts down a horror what actually happens is that he is cleaving a demonic, parasitic spirit off a human host and the sword itself devours enough of its demon essence that it can't continue existing. However, what happens after is that the demon essence gets pulled out of the sword when it's stuck into a purification statue (as shown this week). That essence later gets shipped back down to the shin makai like industrial toxins sent to a toxic waste dump. Eventually, the demon re-forms in the shin makai and when the conditions are right it can come through a gate back to prey on Earth. This is why Zaruba often quotes info about opponents, especially in season 1: they've been fought before by other knights.

It's incredibly rare for a horror to actually be destroyed. In the case of some of the most powerful ones the best they can do is cut them up into different pieces and seal them in something. Even then it's entirely possible for a "dead" horror to revive. It's part of the tragedy of makai knights: they can banish horrors but they have no way to really "win the war." I believe, from the previews, that was the theme of the Gold Storm movie actually.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I wonder if this is Amemiya here.

JujinSan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japan
Quote: Whats done is done and cannot be undone

Post by JujinSan »

Correct me if i am wrong but did i spy Decade as the holder of the blue dagger?
Aka no Kenshi! MakaiRed! Kenpo Sentai Makaiger!
gekipirate
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Quote: I have a dream

Post by gekipirate »

I was thinking the same thing about that being Decade...I find this more interesting already that the first series...and in the ending was that Rekka in the white dress?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Phoenix512 wrote:I wonder if this is Amemiya here.
Isn't that Nezumi-sempai?
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

I personally like Ryuuga from Yami and it's not so bad. But Kouga totally different level than Raiga and Ryuuga.
Kouga was beast and got cool charismatic Golden Knight aura in him. Raiga was off to me.. But Ryuuga with his bright personality and cheerful was make me like him. I mean he wasn't overshadowed by Kouga when he was Garo user. In this season he became more mature and gentle.

When people kept asking the guest horror was twins yes they are. Jinga( Decade ) was holds the blue dagger as you saw the red light flew to the skies...

Wonder they have to get to gather both dagger to become a sword one more time.

I hope more Makai knights will appears in this season.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

gekipirate wrote:I was thinking the same thing about that being Decade...I find this more interesting already that the first series...and in the ending was that Rekka in the white dress?
Yup, Decade is the villain, and Rekka is the leader of the new Garo Girl Group. The other 3 are a voice actress from the anime, and 2 actresses who will be in this series. You can see the full size video inside the Gold Storm Shou special that TVN already released.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

Alessar wrote:
gekipirate wrote:I was thinking the same thing about that being Decade...I find this more interesting already that the first series...and in the ending was that Rekka in the white dress?
Yup, Decade is the villain, and Rekka is the leader of the new Garo Girl Group. The other 3 are a voice actress from the anime, and 2 actresses who will be in this series. You can see the full size video inside the Gold Storm Shou special that TVN already released.
Not totally accurate. Just one of them is a voice actress (León's mother), and the other two are not just actresses who will be in Gold Storm, one of them was Eiris in Makai no hana, and the other was the girl with the giant horror also in Makai no hana.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Dudes, we have a wiki, this doesn't need to be confusing XD

Yes it's Decade.

The group's name is Makai Kagekidan (The Makai Troupe)
http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Makai_Kagekidan

Two of them are from Makai no Hana, but not Rekka. She's from main series Garo. If you look under trivia you can see their previous roles.
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray

Post by xiiliea »

zeta_gundam wrote:Just wondering: Has it ever been formally established where in the GARO canon the Yami-verse is set in? Is it an alternate universe from the Saejima-GARO dudes, or is it the same world, but far into the future?

It's after Raiga, because Raiga married a Madou Tool. :D
Dark Ren
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Zi-O
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Heeeennnssshhhiiiiiiinnn...!!!

Post by Dark Ren »

I know this is kind of out of topic (well, sort of), but the girl in the Promise CM in Garo torent, who is her? I really familiar with her but cant really remember who she was

Return to “-Gold Storm- Shou”