ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Re: Garo -Gold Storm- Shou 03 released

Post by Mandalori »

They're not really pushing it, It was already there in Yami episode 1 (the handkerchief scene), 11 (probably the biggest one), 12, 24, 25 and probably some others that I forgot. I agree it was subtiles sometimes, but it was there.

If you meant about this particular episode, then I don't feel like it's pushing it either, they have been together for a while now, not as a couple, but as battle partner and before that they spend a lot of times together in Yami and they were raised by the same guy, seperately, but there is still a strong bond between them.

Also, don't forget they began failling for each other in Yami and spend a lot of time afterward. I guess it helped bulding it and it just needed something to begin to show up.
wisdomcat
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by wisdomcat »

I don't really think they were falling for each other I mean it looks like Ryuga isn't interested in her. Even in Yami he was still surprised that Rian was going to travel with him at the end of the episode. From my point of view there's no romance between them.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Mandalori »

That's because he really fall for her at the end of episode 24 when she choose to come with him, when she say "You'll protect me, right?", with the light effect and all. We even see him putting his hand on his heart when she say that. I sugest you to rewatch the episode, or the scene at least. Maybe you'll see it.

For the romance part, technically, they are not together since they do not know the other feelings, but they still have them. I guess we'll see at the end of the series if they end up together or not.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I actually feel like Ryuuga and Rian's romance is a lot more believable than other toku couples. They've had a whole season to get to know each other. They clearly like each other and respect each other. That's a good foundation for a romantic relationship. I mean, I don't want to make this sound like Episode 2's "they're both young attractive people, they must be in love". But I think there's more there than just friendship.

It also helps that Rian seems to like Ryuuga more than Ryuuga, since she's way out of his league. That would have been the biggest hurdle for Ryuuga if he were the one who wanted to initiate the relationship. Honestly, the biggest problem now is Ryuuga's naivete. Bit that can be easily fixed.
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

My god, this was unforgivably dull. This episode is proof that sometimes, tv producers will take an already badass female character, and reduce her to "I'm a weak and emotionally compromised woman who wants a real relationship." I mean, this is GARO. Not even Kaoru mentioned marriage to Kouga, save for when he put that ring on her finger to track her, and she was the Normal female of the entire series. They didn't focus on her falling for Kouga; they focused on her wanting to complete her fathers story and grow as an artist. They also added a small dash of finical trouble just to make her more realistic, and it worked! While she was something reminiscent of Mary Jane (from the Tobey Maguire trilogy, not from the comic books), when it was her characters time in the spotlight, you saw depth in her character. This episode undid some of the character development Yami wo Terasu Mono built for her. To top THAT off, why the hell doesn't she call the cops? I know they have their whole 'work in the shadows' deal, but there can't be a rule against calling the police for medical aid, is there???? If there is, the Senate is more like the US Congress.

Also, really? We're just going to pretend that Ryuga doesn't obviously acknowledge the fact that Rian has feelings for him? Oh, come on. This was more obvious than
Spoiler
Chase being Kamen Rider Proto-Drive.
Last edited by FangTrigger on Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Mandalori »

Raiga is from Makai no Hana. This one name is Ryuuga. And I don't think Rian is reduced to what you said. So far, she only dated rich man for their diamonds (for her bullets) and she began failling for him when he said something to her about it (eps 11, it was something about being empty inside, he answer "then fill it" and what she respond became the source of jokes). Beside, in Yami, she already had issues about this (same eps, her talk about herself being worthless about dating only rich men, leading to the previously mentioned conversation), it just resurfaced when she saw that bride.

Maybe Ryuuga does see it but think he's just imagining things because of his own feelings. Or maybe he does acknowledge it but he want them to take their time about that. He probably wouldn't want to screw up with his pzrtner now that they are a good combi.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

takenoko wrote:
Rian can literally perform magic, but she's opting to yell at a woman with a stab wound to get better. Time to learn some healing spells.
This really annoyed me. Haven't we seen other priests heal?
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
wisdomcat
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by wisdomcat »

Saejima Kouga wrote:
takenoko wrote:
Rian can literally perform magic, but she's opting to yell at a woman with a stab wound to get better. Time to learn some healing spells.
This really annoyed me. Haven't we seen other priests heal?
Unless the near future changed so drastically that even priests forgot how to use spells that heal >_>
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

In retrospect, Dougai Ryuga's Garo seems to be in a different universe, as nothing is the same except the Garo armor, and Zaruba (who is a minor character now :( ). So maybe it's not fair to compare to Saejima Garo series.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

And now a Gaim character has jumped into the Garo universe. Interesting that an evil object was in a box that fell off the back of a truck.

Return to “-Gold Storm- Shou”