Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Garo -Gold Storm- Shou 03 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Garo_-Gold_Storm-_Shou_03

Not really a big fan of this episode either. I get that they have to deal with the monsters of the week still, but this one felt particularly isolated from the rest of the story. I also didn't like the attempts for real feelings. Not that Nanri Miki did a bad job acting, it just doesn't quite fit in Garo, the toku with the most stoicism.

I know that Ryuuga is probably impervious to these things, but he just picked up a dagger full of Jaki. Then he goes ahead and does it again, even though the last guy who picked one up turned into a Horror.

Why are they looking for a Horror during the day? That bugs me for some reason.

I like the way the bride is talking about how she wants to get married and have kids directly to Rian. Rian's not even hidden, they're just speaking to her.

Rian can literally perform magic, but she's opting to yell at a woman with a stab wound to get better. Time to learn some healing spells.

Has Ryuuga always sheathed and then unsheathed to transform? He doesn't do it in a showy way, so it kind of irks me.

The adoption agency guy's still alive? That's surprising.

Then the bad guys make a hole in the wall. ???

I don't even recognize the writer and director for this episode. Probably skippable.
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Re: Garo -Gold Storm- Shou 03 released

Post by XIII »

I did find this kind of a boring episode as well, nothing really seemed to happen, nothing worth remembering

I didnt get the point of Rian screaming either or feeling that way unless its some clever plot device to get Ryuuga and Rian together later in the series

I dont quite get what they are trying to do with this series, at least with Yami we knew what the ultimate goal of the season was by this point, this one just seems to be going "here's my idea, now im going to ignore it for the first half of the season"
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh yeah, did anyone notice that Radan appears to have two kanji on it, as well as a digital clock below that?
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

What a happy and sad episode to me. Damn you, Sid.

Nothing amazing but boring... and Ryuuga filled with rage. I thought he's going for a Heart Destruction.

That scene about Ryuuga and Rian almost together. I loved it.

xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray

Post by xiiliea »

Maybe it might be an episode to fuel Ryuuga's enthusiasm for the series. They might make flashbacks of how he failed to save one person, he regrets it and vows never to let it happen again. Then again it might just be a randon MOTW episode.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

Since I didn’t check the wiki until after I finished the episode, I had fun debating with myself whether that was Gaim’s Sid or not. Neat that it was. And speaking of actors, that was a nice little tribute for the actor that passed away.

I wonder if the logo on the box holding the knife will come into play again. It kinda looked like a yin/yang, and the camera zoomed in and lingered on it for a suspiciously long moment.

Aside from the Kouga/Kaoru relationship, I haven’t been too happy with the way Garo handled romance, so I’m leery of the way the story seems to be pushing a Ryuuga/Rian hook-up.

But what really soured the episode for me was Rian’s reaction to Mina being stabbed. Forget magic, the woman is bleeding out! Every Makai Knight uses a bladed weapon of some sort. You can’t tell me she hasn’t learned basic first aid by this point. Put some pressure on the wound rather than scream at her unconscious body and shaking her so that she bleeds faster! That really pissed me off.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Huh, a ying/yang logo would be good considering the theme of the show. I bet Amemiya designed the logo himself.
TokuCasual
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuCasual »

I thought this was a decent episode. Not too much happen in term of plot progression, but we're still early in the game. I recall previous Garo started off slow as well. So I'm alright with this. At least we got to know the bad guys early, what they want, how they give out gates to make horror. I think that truck that was shipping the knife was to Decade's company. Maybe they're like Horror Gates street dealer.

I'm interested in seeing what dimension they went into through that hole in the wall, if they are going somewhere. Or why there was a secret room behind that wall.

As for Ryuuga doing that thing with his sword before transformation, I think that must be a move to trigger his Gold Storm mode. Since the sword sheath itself looks different, I assume the mechanic to activate the new armor differ. Maybe it'll be explain in the movie. Just my theory.

Of course the complain I do have for this ep is Rian screaming at a dying person, that was dumb.

As far as monster of the week go, I thought it was done okay, being a standalone while still having the knife story in the background, and possibly a foreshadow of Ryuuga and Rian relationship down the line. Also I kinda find the slow introduction of the sleeping priest interesting, who just chills despite saying it's his time. Normally in Garo people would jump in on the action right away to introduce themselves. Like Zero, Jabi, Tsubasa, and Axe guy (next week)

Hopefully things will pick up.
wisdomcat
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by wisdomcat »

its an okay episode it seems like they're pushing the Ryuga and Rian thing a little too hard though. I mean I see no romance in them at all, it felt forced in Yami wo Terasu Mono and it still feels forced in -Gold Storm- Sho. So we get a half and half for the fight, CGI and real suit action not a bad transition considering how the last two episodes the fights were mostly in CGI.
HyouRetsuzan
Adventure

Post by HyouRetsuzan »

is it just me or the entire thing in this episode is total crap ?

take a look at what rian did, she saw that woman bleeds and in critical condition, she should have brought her to hospital (she is an experienced MP, i understand if they didnt have any healing spells but flight spells or teleports they should have one right?) but instead she shook her and yell "hey are you alright?" or "hold on!! bla bla bla". plus when that woman died, rian then screams "noooo!", nanri miki is totally forcing herself in this scene, she was unable to bring sad and regret vibe on that scene for me

and the CGI fight, compared to last 2 episodes, the CGI in this fight is too freaking stiffs, this one just ruined garo epicness in my image... i know CGI is hard, but at least can they show some effort in it? ...

i really hope they dont force too many romance in this series, cuz... well, lets be honest, both rian and ryuga cant do romance, sure they got many good moments but they cant bring it to the level 'it was a captivating moment' ... if they insist on this romance thing, i really hoped they would improve in the future
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

It's funny that the Garo anime series has enough romance that there's sex involved but yet barely any romance in the live action series. This episode remind me of Ryuuga's psychometry abilities.
wisdomcat
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by wisdomcat »

They never explained how he got the ability to listen to objects
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

Ryuga has the power of psychometry. It's a psychic power and he just has that ability, and he had it in Yami. That's why he was able to get impressions and visions off of the sealing dagger, as well as the dagger used as a gate. The episode really was filler, but I thought it did do something as far as character development. Still, it could've had a little bit of a richer story. One thing that I did think was interesting was that they prevented the woman from being spiritually devoured. She died with her soul intact. Perhaps part of this episode's purpose is to show what Rian's capabilities are in terms of her magic. It certainly showed us that both she and Ryuga are in that awkward state where they both like each other but haven't really declared it to each other openly.
abazigal
7X

Post by abazigal »

I didn't think the episode was all that bad. It does remind me of that episode in the anime where German tells Leon how they cannot save everyone. I think this episode serves to remind us of that - that Makai Knights are not gods, and even they slip up from time to time. What matters is that their hearts are in the right place, and they don't let this affect them and dissuade them from helping even more people.

It was a tad slow-paced though. The dialogue wasn't all that exciting, the actors seemed to be mostly stating the obvious, and I wasn't feeling the energy. I think you could watch everything at x1.2 speed and it would be just right. :p
wisdomcat
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by wisdomcat »

It just felt awkward how they're pushing Rian/Ryuga relationship it doesn't feel natural if that makes sense

Return to “-Gold Storm- Shou”