Ratings Poll: Garo -Gold Storm- Shou TV Series

How are you finding Gold Storm Shou (TV Series)?

***** A Golden Garo
31%
**** A Silver Zero
31%
*** A shameful Bronze Knight
23%
** One of those CGI knights from Makai Senki
6%
* A fallen knight
9%

Total votes: 35
wisdomcat
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Re: Ratings Poll: Garo -Gold Storm- Shou TV Series

Post by wisdomcat »

Bunkyo wrote:I give it a 3.

It's a whole hell of a lot better than Yami, but not nearly as good as the other seasons.
I kind of disagree with you there. I felt like Makai no Hana was lacking something considering the hype for the show. It was good but it wasn't that good. I don't know how to explain it but it felt like it was lacking something to become something unique.
diel92
I am the new #2
I am the new #2

Post by diel92 »

5 stars! I am loving this season!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Changing my vote to a 5. This series is doing things right. Don't know how it will end, but it's hit so many high marks so far.
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by xiiliea »

Same. At first I thought it would be about finding the dagger the whole series, like how Makai no Hana was about finding slab horrors the entire series. But it proved itself wrong. So it's now 5/5 :D
rien
I am not a number. I am an individual!
I am not a number. I am an individual!

Post by rien »

Definitely, 5!!!
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

After finishing the season, sadly I have to say that this is the season I liked the least. Everything here is going to be my opinion, of course.

Most of the characters have no development, no arc or something like that, and the ones who have it (Gald and Daigo), have a very simple and estereotyped development.

I wouldn't mind it that much if the characters were funny or interesting, but they aren't. Ryuga and Rian are even more boring than in YWTM, and the new additions, both villains and heroes, are not different. Ryume is charismatic at least, but we don't see her enough. I didn't like YWMT characters that much either, but at least they were kind of funny and their personalities could be interesting at times.

The idea of having a continous narration instead of the classic self contained episodes was good, but very bad executed. In the first half of the show that just not happened. Taking the first 30 seconds of the next episode and putting them at the beginning of the previous one is not having a continuous plot, is creating a very forced cliffhanger. The other half was in fact continuous, but not in terms of plot, just characters running around and fighting each other over and over. The fact that they overused the villiains, and how the continuously leave the fight inconcluded make them seem no menacing at all.

So, at the end, we are losing the advantages of the self contained episode but we are not winning any of the advantages of a continuous narration. Lose-lose situation. Again, not being a fan of YWTM, they did this better.

In terms of music, I don't even know who is to blame for this, if the composer for not creating enough new tracks or the guy in charge of choosing the tracks for each scene for being lazy, but there weren't enough new tracks, and they kept repeating some of the tracks from YWTM. They just kept repeating this especific track (http://mamorishimono.tumblr.com/post/77 ... ight-ryuga) in the most unfitting moments.

The did have a lot of good fight scenes. I was not very engaged by them, but that's probably due to the lack of interest in the characters who are fighting, the execution of the fights is well done most of the times, but with some low moments, mostly the CGI fights (the last one was particularly boring).

For all those reasons I am giving it a one out of five, the worst mark.

I am totally up to new things with the Garo concept (I actually enjoyed the anime a lot). But new is not enough. It has to be new and good.

I hope the movie was better.
wisdomcat
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by wisdomcat »

since the show ended I'm changing my vote from a 4 to a 5. The series was really nice as a whole. Not that much CGI was used so that was a bonus. The finale was okay it wasn't good enough to wow me.
Flying-gg
Adventure
Favorite series: Garo, Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim, Blade
Dreamy: Kaoru
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Flying-gg »

For me, probably the best season right after the first one. Good pacing, good character. Only the end was a little weak for me. I hope to see more of it soon.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Definitely better than both Yami and Hana. Not better than the first two seasons. Pretty good watch though.
Godai Yuusuke
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous

Post by Godai Yuusuke »

Somehow I get the feeling that every Garo series after first season experiencing slow drop of quality (first season is the best, followed by Makai Senki (2nd best), Yami (3rd) Black Blood (4th), Makai no Hana (2nd worst) and now this Gold Storm is the worst).
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Why do you think it's the worst? I'm honestly surprised by that.
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

Since we're like 10 episodes through the next series, I guess I ought to actually review this.
I decided to give this series a 4. This was the first Garo show I'd seen, and a lot of it, from the music to the acting, was fantastic. The fights were wonderful, the Horrors had very unique designs, and Jinga's one of the best villains I've ever seen. There were a few issues holding the series back, though, particularly Yukihime and several stereotyped or simply weak plot points (Rian repeatedly gets damseled, darkness makes Garo stronger after a whole season of getting rid of it, and Jinga's lack of motivation at the end). Nonetheless, I really enjoyed the show. My favorite episode's got to be 12, due to Ryuuga and Jinga's fight and the epic Horror of the Week takedown.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,

Return to “-Gold Storm- Shou”