Ratings Poll: Garo -Gold Storm- Shou TV Series

How are you finding Gold Storm Shou (TV Series)?

***** A Golden Garo
31%
**** A Silver Zero
31%
*** A shameful Bronze Knight
23%
** One of those CGI knights from Makai Senki
6%
* A fallen knight
9%

Total votes: 35
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ratings Poll: Garo -Gold Storm- Shou TV Series

Post by takenoko »

We're 5 episodes in (out of 25?) How are people finding it?

I think it's a solid 3. It has the potential to get better, but so far isn't wowing me. I almost feel like we had a few more plot threads going in Yami wo Terasu Mono by this point.
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Re: Ratings Poll: Garo -Gold Storm- Shou TV Series

Post by xiiliea »

Right now it seems like it'll become another Makai no Hana with little interesting plots. It's still about the dagger with nothing else interesting being revealed.

Yami wo Terasu Mono at this point has already captivated me with all its mysteries.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Wow a 1. People are harsh on non Rider/Sentai shows.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I'm going to have to vehemently disagree, YwTM was a piece of shit. It failed not only on having a crap plot but also terrible effects, a tri-mouthed Predator monster that was mildly scary the first time but just got irritating, sometimes not even bothering with that and just shoving guys in masks at the hero, and eye-bleedingly bad cinematography at points, where it looked like a first year film student trying to be "artsy". This season is a huge improvement. I'm not saying it's amazingly good, but it's not the shit-flavored shit that YwTM was.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

If we're just going 5 to 5 episodes, I think Yami was stronger at this point. But to be fair, only because of Enhou's character. Episode 3 of yami was the throwaway naked lady in the basement episode. But 4 and 5 were about Enhou, her friendship with Rian, and her fall from grace. I wasn't happy about that development for her character, but it was a lot more interesting than what's going on now.

That said, I think that part of it is that Yami had some Garo veterans doing the writing and directing for the first part. Shou is a bit all over the place. A lot of fresh faces who are new writers or relatively new directors (former assistant directors). Not that it's bad, but it's been pretty bland outside of episode 1 and episode 4 where they introduced Daigo.
lennyhouston16
Go Go!
Favorite series: Gaim, OOO, Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva, W, Go-Busters

Post by lennyhouston16 »

I gave it a 4 because I find this season to be interesting so far and I like all of the characters.

I will admit Yami was more developed plot-wise by this point but I wasn't interested in the characters. At one point, I quit watching the show because of that. I know plot is important but I feel like I can follow much better if the characters grab my interest. The whole Ryuuga and Rian duo really has my interests so far unlike emotionless Kouga and whiney Kaoru. Raiga's personality was a breath of fresh air for me but everyone else lacked something for me during that season. I'm not saying everyone has to be vibrant and cheerful but I would like more variety.

I just hope Gold Storm develops a good plot during the second half so I can say this is the best season of Garo (Yeah, I've given up on any plot development for the first half of Garo shows).
TokuCasual
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuCasual »

A 3 for me. So far it's not bad. But it's not too good either. Still, it's early. Plenty of time for improvement. We'll see.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

It's a sequel from Yami, so of course, it get a 5 for now. Let's see how it will end.
wisdomcat
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by wisdomcat »

a 3 from me, its not that impressive for me. I hate the new armor design its sooo bulky I feel sorry for the suit actor who has to do action stunts in that suit
Sukeroku!
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto, Gaim
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Sukeroku! »

I give it a three.

Yami was the first Garo series I watched, something that I had just decided to give a chance along with watching Rider. Overall I liked the series enough to check out the rest of Garo. Since I was new to Garo, I wasn't really judging the series in comparison to any of the past entries. Comparing Gold Storm to Yami is kinda hard because at this point Gold Storm really hasn't picked up any steam, but, while Yami was building steam, the first half of Yami was the best part in a very inconsistent series.

Having seen all of the other Garo series now, I definitely appreciate that Gold Storm feels way more like Garo than Yami did. I have mixed feelings on the Horrors so far in this season. Despite being CG, it's nice seeing individual Horror designs again. However, they pretty much might as well be generic Horrors because they don't really have much for backstories or individual personalities. I feel like Makai no Hana and Gold Storm have different, yet related issues with balancing the MotW storylines with the overall picture. Watching Makai no Hana, I felt like the series was more individualized stories about the Horrors with Raiga as a background character there to save the day. One of the things I loved about the original Garo is that while it was mostly MotW, the MotW were fairly interesting, and they consistently developed Kouga and Kaoru around those individual stories. While Ryuga and Rian aren't being developed as well as Kouga nad Koaru were and Gold Storm isn't building any steam yet, I'm glad at least, that the focus does seem to be more on Ryuuga and Rian than feeling like they're background characters.

I'm going to go against the grain and say I liked Ryuuga's cockier personality in Yami more. It's good that he's matured and not a showoff, I guess, but so far he's been a generic hero in Gold Storm.
jason3000
Infinity
Quote: wagana wa garo,ogon kishi

Post by jason3000 »

I dunno what happened,
but feel like after season 1 the whole thing turn into crap,
just feel like there is something missing in garo after season 1.

The garo anime is still ok ,but expect the story can be better , And come with gold storm, oh it's was even worse than yami.

Looks like I will just wait for anime season 2,
I have lose hope on amemiyaamemiya garo
wisdomcat
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by wisdomcat »

jason3000 wrote:I dunno what happened,
but feel like after season 1 the whole thing turn into crap,
just feel like there is something missing in garo after season 1.

The garo anime is still ok ,but expect the story can be better , And come with gold storm, oh it's was even worse than yami.

Looks like I will just wait for anime season 2,
I have lose hope on amemiyaamemiya garo
Well everyone loved the first season of Garo probably due to the romance between Kouga and Kaoru. It was an important plot that was the story. For the other seasons I felt that it was to expand the Garo Universe and getting to know more about the universe.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I don't know why people are being so harsh on this? Season 3 woes? Just marathoned 3-7 and feel like it's really good so far. The pacing is really good, we have obvious villains from the get go, and even the 'filler' episodes are tied to the main plot.
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

So far, it's hard to judge. I haven't seen anything amazing so far, so I'd have to give it a 3. But that might go up as the show gets better (if it does).
Bunkyo
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Makai no Hana
Dreamy: Mayuri
Favorite Band: Morning Musume

Post by Bunkyo »

I give it a 3.

It's a whole hell of a lot better than Yami, but not nearly as good as the other seasons.

Return to “-Gold Storm- Shou”