Jinga

Final attack rider
Jin-jin-jin-jin-jinga
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: Garo -Gold Storm- Shou 07 released

Post by Dragonfan »

It was a good episode, but probably the weakest "big battle on the first half" episode of the whole franchise. If we compare this with Kouga vs Rei, Kouga vs Sigma, Ryuga Takeru and Aguri vs Sonshi and Raiga vs Zaji, it definitely loses.

All of them better than this one. It's also a shame that, having both suits, they did the battle mostly CGI. It also happened with the battles aforementioned, but they normally showed us physical suits (except for Ywtm, of course) so I feel it was a lost opportunity.
BreezeKnight
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa

Post by BreezeKnight »

O.o huh... so...

I'm not 100% sure on this but isn't there only one Knight where the wearers all have the -ga end to their name?
Calling it now, Saejima Jinga.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

So, this show is my first experience with Garo after like a decade (lol no pun intended) of sticking to Kamen Rider. I must say, I'm loving this more than I'd thought. I like how it focuses a lot on out-of-suit action and it's quite reminiscent of the action shows of my youth (I kinda miss those).

One of the things that REALLY roped me in was Masahiro Inoue's performance though. You can tell he's having fun with it too.

As a first timer to the franchise, the first episode did a REALLY good job of getting me up to speed on what's up with the world of Garo without feeling like I'm being force-fed a lot of exposition all at once. Any concepts not explained in the first episode also seem to be pretty well explained when they become relevant (such as how a human becomes a horror). Also pretty important to note is that they've tried, whenever possible at least, to avoid whole "as you know" speeches where people explain stuff they already know to eachother. Most of the time the explanations felt pretty natural.
Masked Rider
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: Shinkenyellow
Favorite Actor?: Ayumi Kinoshita
Favorite Band: Ayumi Hamasaki
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Shadow Kick!!!

Post by Masked Rider »

I really hope the sword versions of the daggers will make another appearance in the future. They looked very cool but didn't get enough screen time.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I like this version of a Horror/Armour crossover. When it was shown last episode I even thought that the Horror looked very knight like.

Return to “-Gold Storm- Shou”