Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Garo -Gold Storm- Shou 12 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Garo_-Gold_Storm-_Shou_12

Another great episode. They sure love showing off Jinga's legs during the action scenes. The brief bit of sword fighting in the cell was amazing too.

Gald started off really bland, but I'm starting to like his characterization. I like his spunky defiant reaction to Jinga telling him his sister was dead. But he sure was a dunderhead at the end. Jinga basically lays it out for him that his suicide attack would have failed, yet Gald gets mad at Ryuuga for saving him. What?

And there aren't a lot of out right happy endings in the Garo series. So spending some time for the heroes to regroup and celebrate being reunited was nice.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Re: Garo -Gold Storm- Shou 12 released

Post by Mandalori »

I loved the fight where they put their swords in each others sheaths. It was like they weren't satisfied with theirs.

For some reasons, Haruna reminded me of Koyomi, probably the actress and the dress.
MadCow
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Watanabe Natsuna
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: miraculous
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by MadCow »

Agree that the fight in the cell was great -- it was as if it were handled by a different fight choreographer altogether. It was fast and fluid, unlike the usual slow rote/kata-like moves that we usually get.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

Really cool fight scene, but... This reinforces what I said previously. Again the fight with the one that, at this point, is the main villain, and... He just let them live with no reason, and Team Rocket blasting off again. The more they do that, the less the villains feel like an impending menace. There must be a middle point between not showing your villain at all, ilke they did with Eiji, and fight with him every other episode like they are doing with Jinga.
TokuCasual
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuCasual »

Great episode. The fight in the cell was awesome, and the sheaths exchanging bit was interesting. Also I'm liking Gald as well. The kid's got mad pride, silly or not, he's got character. I'm also liking Ryuuga more in this season compared to Yami. He's still a bit hot headed at times, but he's got that collected vibe of a true Garo now.

About Jinga fighting too much only to escape after each fight, I don't have much issue with this. Jinga is pretty much on par with Ryuuga, they just can't beat each other. That's why he's waiting for Radan. The way I see it, it's not like he's letting the heroes go on purpose. He's just not strong enough to win yet. But he's not weak either. It's a draw.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Dragonfan wrote:Really cool fight scene, but... This reinforces what I said previously. Again the fight with the one that, at this point, is the main villain, and... He just let them live with no reason, and Team Rocket blasting off again. The more they do that, the less the villains feel like an impending menace. There must be a middle point between not showing your villain at all, ilke they did with Eiji, and fight with him every other episode like they are doing with Jinga.
When I think of Team Rocket blasting off again, it's basically being completely defeated by the other team to the point that they can't fight again. I don't really see Jinga following this trope. He could try to finish off Ryuuga and Rian but there's really little benefit to it and possibly being severely injured in the long run. He's playing it smart and knows when he doesn't have the advantage, he just cut his losses and leaves. He has bigger plans in mind and dealing with Ryuuga and Rian without having an advantage is just an annoyance to him.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

Phoenix512 wrote:
Dragonfan wrote:Really cool fight scene, but... This reinforces what I said previously. Again the fight with the one that, at this point, is the main villain, and... He just let them live with no reason, and Team Rocket blasting off again. The more they do that, the less the villains feel like an impending menace. There must be a middle point between not showing your villain at all, ilke they did with Eiji, and fight with him every other episode like they are doing with Jinga.
When I think of Team Rocket blasting off again, it's basically being completely defeated by the other team to the point that they can't fight again. I don't really see Jinga following this trope. He could try to finish off Ryuuga and Rian but there's really little benefit to it and possibly being severely injured in the long run. He's playing it smart and knows when he doesn't have the advantage, he just cut his losses and leaves. He has bigger plans in mind and dealing with Ryuuga and Rian without having an advantage is just an annoyance to him.
An annoyance that, as far as we know, he could easily get rid of. Tokucasual said that they're pretty much equal. I don't see that they're portraying him like that.

Everytime he has fought Ryuuga he is totally over him, completely confident. You could argue that it is his personality, his way of showing off. That could be said about some other fights, but in the long fight in episode 7 he completely owned Ryuuga, finishing him with that awesome teleporting combo.

I put Team Rocket as an example because if doesn't matter if he wins or loses, as long as he is menacing. Team Rocket was menacing at their first appearance, but they used them over and over and they turned into a joke. The first Kouga vs Sigma ended in draw, and he ran off because he was completely exhausted, but you could see how dangerous and menacing he was.

This guy is completely fresh and then he continues leaving the fight over and over for no reason. I know it is a tokusatsu trope, but I still find it innappropiate in this show.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

Jinga is playing with him. He's trying to demoralize Ryuga and maybe even corrupt him because that would be fun.
TokuCasual
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuCasual »

@Dragonfan

If you haven't noticed when Jinga knocked Ryuuga out of his transformation in their first fight, he also de-transform and was out of breath, and that was with Amily power boost. Try that fight again, one on one with Ryuuga, has he completely won? Not that we've seen. But Ryuuga hasn't beat him either. That's where I'm drawing my draw conclusion from.

And as Alessar said, Jinga is toying with Ryuuga. Even if he could defeat Ryuuga in a fight, he'd rather corrupt him into becoming a Horror.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

TokuCasual wrote:@Dragonfan

If you haven't noticed when Jinga knocked Ryuuga out of his transformation in their first fight, he also de-transform and was out of breath, and that was with Amily power boost. Try that fight again, one on one with Ryuuga, has he completely won? Not that we've seen. But Ryuuga hasn't beat him either. That's where I'm drawing my draw conclusion from.

And as Alessar said, Jinga is toying with Ryuuga. Even if he could defeat Ryuuga in a fight, he'd rather corrupt him into becoming a Horror.
Yes, obviously he was out breath after giving Ryuuga such a beating.

But yeah, i see both your points about corrupting Ryuuga and so on. What bothers me is that, for me, the fact that Jinga is being overused makes him less menacing. When Kiba or Sigma appeared in front of the characters, you knew that shit was real, When Jinga appears it is just another Gold Storm episode.

BTW, do we have new opening/ending on the next episode?
TokuCasual
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuCasual »

Agreed. I think he needs to take a back seat a bit and let the standalone Horror shine some. Like previous seasons where they had great standalone Horrors.

That's why I think Sigma was the most balance villain. (Still my fav)

New OP/ED should be in next ep. Also, by the look of the preview we saw no Jinga, so perhaps he will take a break.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

And how hopefully Gald acts like less of a shit now Ryuuga saved his ass.

Return to “-Gold Storm- Shou”