Garo -Gold Storm- Shou 13 released (NSFW)

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Garo -Gold Storm- Shou 13 released (NSFW)

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Garo_-Gold_Storm-_Shou_13

New opening and ending banzai! I really like them both. Some of the visuals for the opening have been so random lately. So I appreciate that there's some cool Garo stuff in the new opening video. Love the costumes for the ending video. I prefer this song to Prayers.

Haha, master of disguise, Rian dresses as a fisherman.

Anyone know what kanji appears when Rian tosses the charm on Ryuuga's armor portal?

Love the design of this week. And suddenly... we are fighting a crab gundam.

I feel like "Swamp" is a poor name for the episode. They don't step in anything close to being muddy or swampy. It should have been named Pond or Fishing or something. Yeah, Fishing would have been much better considering the Horror is like an angler fish, while hunting fisherman as prey.

Best use of female nudity?
Spoiler

Going to overthink this, but this feels kind of feels misused? If you have a naked lady, have her tempt men into the water like the Sirens or Mermaids from myths. having her pop up just to be a jump scare makes me wonder why it's woman-shaped to begin with. I guess it does work in that it hides the fact that the main Horror is a giant though.

Amazing battle this time. Like real creative stuff. (Just ignore the silly Ryuuga/Rian joint attack at the beginning)

The humanity in this is so good, compared to Yami. It's stuff like Ryuuga and Gald shaking hands that reminds me of the friendship between Rei and Kouga from the first series. Like seeing the arc of their friendship is important.
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Re: Garo -Gold Storm- Shou 13 released (NSFW)

Post by XIII »

HAHA, I saw that as I skipped through the ep but didnt notice the full extent of the nudity, quality stuff

We do seem to be on a spate of good eps recently as well, I hope they can keep up this run
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

This series has been surprisingly nudity-free for a Garo project.

Not much to add, other than my amusement over Rian’s magic fishing rod. Oh, and being really impressed by the way they used Garo's transformation to puncture the armor. That was really clever.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Seems like they put a lot of resources into this one. The big CGI monster. The new opening and ending. Hiring some lady to prance around naked while they put silly CGI stuff on her face. That's probably expensive!
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by xiiliea »

At least they made it artistic, than just blatantly flashing boobs like in Episode 3 of Yami.

Anyways, I really like the new OP and ED a lot. The OP is epic and the ED is really soothing and melodic.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

You know I've been wondering and maybe it's just me, but with both this ending mv and the previous ending mv, it felt more like they were advertising the singers, rather than actually giving us a song. And I think it might even be distracting from the actual song.

Also, while I am unsure of the purpose of the naked lady, it also didn't feel like nudity for nudity's sake (didn't really come across as fanservice-ey in any way).
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

It definitely wasn't fanservice-y, but it wasn't really anything. I guess it was vaguely artistic but idk, I would have preferred to see a fishy sexy costume or something.

I demand to see the female fanservice version
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

The Horror mostly remind me of the Grand Fisher Hollow (in the beginning anyway) from Bleach.

At least this time, they didn't use the same visuals for the new OP/ED unlike in Yami.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Seem like Haruna handled that dangerous spell better than D Ringo. She didn't seemed that strained by it like Ringo was.

The naked woman this time seemed to serve no purpose, not even fanservice. The Horrors from Yami eps 3 used them to lure its prey, but this one don't even bother to do that.
Lunagel wrote:I demand to see the female fanservice version
Send a letter to Amemiya because he's the only one who can grant your wish (on Garo at least). But since women aren't probably the intended target, he probably didn't thought about it. Or maybe the Zero training session in Black Blood was his female fanservice of the decade.

Preview
Spoiler
Is Rian finally confessing her feelings to Ryuuga? I hope it's not the omen that something bad will happen to one of them, like Ryuuga becoming an Horrors and Rian getting killed.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

Good OP and ED. The ED footage was good, way better than Prayers. I never thought I would have to watch some Garo episodes ending with Rekka doing a flamenco pose.

The way of killing the horror piercing him with the armor itself was great.

Hasn't Ryuuga killed horrors enough to have a Madou Horse or aren't they a thing in this continuity?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Lunagel wrote:I demand to see the female fanservice version
/me gives luna a shirtless Rei.
TokuCasual
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuCasual »

Interesting episode. Seem the team took note of what not to do after Makai no Hana. Characters get more develop and the main plot is more integrated.

Definitely love the new OP/ED. Especially the ED. A much better video and song than Prayers. The OP is not the best among Garo's OP, but better than Yami. I dig all the lifestream stuff going on. Also it seems like Ryuuga is curse to not appear in his OP. Kouga and Raiga both appeared in their OP. Even Crow made it.

I'm actually looking forward to the full song/MV of this ending theme. It's already becoming one of my fav ED in Garo.
Last edited by TokuCasual on Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

I really enjoyed this episode and the new closing song. The new opening song didn't really impress me, but then most of the vocal openings have not. As to the nudity in this episode I think it was strictly plot related. The female lure was part of the giant horror, and remained attached to it. I actually thought that the female body didn't look fully formed, so I think that the horror was only able to have it be a crude approximation of a human body.

Great character stuff this episode, I really enjoyed it.
MadCow
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Watanabe Natsuna
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: miraculous
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by MadCow »

takenoko wrote:Hiring some lady to prance around naked while they put silly CGI stuff on her face.
Those looked like sequins to me! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought Gald dropping his suicide grenade necklace was going to be a plot point in defeating the crab gundam, but then again the transformation armour buster works better. Still, I found it odd that they'd take it away from him at the end and say he doesn't need it anymore. I mean, it's not like you'd just use it for suicidal purposes -- it's already shown that you can also throw it like a grenade.

Is anyone disappointed that we will probably never get to see Jinga and Amily do anything more than just get really, really, reaaalllly close? :(
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

MadCow wrote:Is anyone disappointed that we will probably never get to see Jinga and Amily do anything more than just get really, really, reaaalllly close? :(
H-H-Hentai!! :oops:

Return to “-Gold Storm- Shou”