Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Garo -Gold Storm- Shou 14 released

Post by takenoko »

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Garo_-Gold_Storm-_Shou_14

Recap episode. You know, I suspected it last week, but now I'm sure Yukihime's lines are all gibberish.

We do learn some small trivia about Gald's name and stuff, but I dunno. I'm about halfway through now.

Poor Rian. Ryuuga is so dense.
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Re: Garo -Gold Storm- Shou 14 released

Post by XIII »

Around double the amount of dialog to a standard Garo ep, I don't remember previous seasons having so much dialog in the recap episode

Worst ep of this season, but you know they had to have a recap at somepoint, I just wish they featured more on the fighting really
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

Now I surely remember about Volcity battle. I'm okay with having so much dialog in this recap episode.

Damn! This episode has few sneeze counts.

PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

This episode felt decidedly un-Garo-like. It struck me as weird to have a recap episode, given the length of a Garo series, but I guess it’s always been a thing. Maybe the problem was that the characters felt a little off. I think it was the idea that they’d sit around reminiscing and drinking tea when they have a lead on Radan. Plus a random guy showing up for...no reason?

I have to admit, Gald’s head dropping in disbelief when Ryuuga showed that he’s still oblivious to Rian’s feelings for him was hilarious.

I never thought I’d be upset to see Yukihime do something more than be brainless fan service, but the way she spoke in nothing but idioms all episode made me want to scream. If she’s always done that, I guess I didn’t pick up on it because it doesn’t seem like she’s ever had more than one line in an episode.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I think Yukihime's always been that discombobulated and we just never really noticed. I mean, the first episode about not shaving makes sense in context. But some of her stuff when finding the lightbulb for Doku Ringo was pretty stretching it.

Seeing Ryuuga's obliviousness was a highlight of the episode.

I think the pacing issue is partially due to the story actually having some pacing between episodes. Previous Garo was always episodic, so the more plot-related episodes tended to appear in the second half, post recap ep.
TokuCasual
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuCasual »

I actually enjoyed this recap ep. The season so far felt like a storm, (no pun intended) it's good to have things calm a bit before the big storm. Next ep looks cool. Team unite.

I have a feeling from here is when someone breaks and give into Horror. Someone has to break, too many foreshadowing to not happen. Unless the moral is don't give in.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

takenoko wrote:I think Yukihime's always been that discombobulated and we just never really noticed. I mean, the first episode about not shaving makes sense in context. But some of her stuff when finding the lightbulb for Doku Ringo was pretty stretching it.
I'm sure (or I hope) they explained it in the movie, but for those of us who didn't see it, all it means is we've been subjected to a character whose lines just didn't make quite enough sense and we weren't sure why. It's only in this episode that it really came to light that all of her dialogue is gibberish and honestly, it's just embarrassing for her character that she hasn't said enough up until this point for us to realize that. I can't fault the actress for taking the part, but I will fault the writer and director for thinking we need a pair of tits onscreen at least once an episode to keep our attention.

It's that same thinking that made Gouraigan an absolute trainwreck. Ugh.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

The funniest/silliest part is how everyone understands her and have a conversation as if she was making sense. I don't know if those idioms fit in the context of the chat or not, but it was like a Chewbacca/Groot thing.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

Am I the only one who repeatedly had the urge to stab themselves in the head with an ice pick? The entire episode was so freaking corny and felt rather out of character.

And what's with the boobie lady talking gibberish and no one acting confused?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Dengar wrote:And what's with the boobie lady talking gibberish and no one acting confused?
Literally the only explanation I've found is that Yukihime's special quirk is she speaks in ways that only D Ringo understands.

That's it.

What bullshit
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Yukihime: Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra.

I think D Ringo was experimenting in trying to make a Madou Sex Doll but he couldn't figure out to give her enough brains to use proper speech.
MadCow
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Watanabe Natsuna
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: miraculous
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by MadCow »

Phoenix512 wrote:I think D Ringo was experimenting in trying to make a Madou Sex Doll but he couldn't figure out to give her enough brains to use proper speech.
Most plausible explanation that I've heard so far! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Look like everyone is shipping Rian and Ryuuga.

For Ryuuga being obvious, he's already in love with her and he probably think that he's misinterpreting what seem like Rian's affection for him because he's in love with her and probably think that he's imagining things.
You can think someone is in love with you, especially when you love that person, because of some behavior toward you, but turn out to not being affection at all, or that she's like that with everyone else (remember Himeka in W)
The only thing that would get them together would be a confession. Or maybe Amemiya is planning for Rian to get killed and/or Ryuuga to become an Horror?
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

Phoenix512 wrote:I think D Ringo was experimenting in trying to make a Madou Sex Doll but he couldn't figure out to give her enough brains to use proper speech.
Works for me.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Best recap episode will always be the one from the first season, if only for the fact it was implied Zaruba was talking aloud while Kouga was fighting on a moving train.

Return to “-Gold Storm- Shou”