Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Garo -Gold Storm- Shou 15 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Garo_-Gold_Storm-_Shou_15

Kind of a filler episode, but a filler episode that has some good character moments. Sadly, I'd like this more if the previous episode wasn't a completely throwaway episode. Putting these back to back was a stupid idea.

But not to get bogged down on meta topics... It's always fun to see Rian dress up for her spy roles. Ironically, Ryuuga gets sent around as an errand boy, while the Makai Priests really get around and take out some traps, or whatever those things are. I like little inversions like this from time to time.

I like seeing Daigo, he's a simple character, but I feel like they could build it a bit better. It's honorable that Ryuuga doesn't want to see Daigo fighting for revenge, but they don't really build the situation such that it's dire enough for Ryuuga to take him off the mission. Heck, I've seen Ryuuga lose it way worse than Daigo so far, who's he to tell the guy to keep his emotions in check? I dunno, maybe Daigo's story would be stronger if they told some parable about a knight who went for revenge and turned to the dark side in doing so. As it is now, it feels like there's something missing.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Re: Garo -Gold Storm- Shou 15 released

Post by PHurricane »

Not much else to add. Not a bad episode, but I would have enjoyed a set-up episode a lot more if last week hadn't been a recap/set-up episode as well.

I almost wonder if they realized how little action took place this episode and they decided to add the start of the siege at the end of the episode. It just struck me as weird that they would have part of the last scene from this week's episode (the Ryuuga/Daigo transformation) in the preview for next week's episode.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

The last scene of the episode reminded me of that scene in YWTM, in the episode called War, when they face the bad guys standing in front of them.

Curiously, the next episode is called War too.
MadCow
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Watanabe Natsuna
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: miraculous
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by MadCow »

Anyone noticed Daigo's axe disappear right after transformation at the end? That felt... awkward, lol.

Also it felt strange that facing an end-of-the-world type of threat and there's only the four of them on site to deal with it. But then again there's a bunch more episodes to go... I wonder if Ryume will bring an army of knights and priests with her for the climax? It would be quite a thematic battle considering Radan is supposedly a big evil fortress (i.e. knights laying siege to a castle).
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

Episodes like this make me think Garo should be an hour format show. If this and the next episode were combined so we got the heroes' prepwork and initial attack on the dark tower, that would feel more complete.

In place of the clip show last week I'd rather we have gotten a History of Daigo episode, like how we got some "Koga being trained as a kid" episodes in the first two series. We got that already for Ryuga but it would be interesting to see that for Daigo. On the one hand he's angry and brash and on the other hand he's sometimes restrained and wise. He had to have worked on that...
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

MadCow wrote:Anyone noticed Daigo's axe disappear right after transformation at the end? That felt... awkward, lol.
It had happened everytime he summoned the armor. And he can make it appear again magically too XD.
abazigal
7X

Post by abazigal »

Well, if the next episode is anything like yami no terasu, the good guys are going to get the heck beaten out of them.
JustiFanV2
7X

Post by JustiFanV2 »

Let's just hope nobody loses a body part this time eh? ;)
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Glad that Daigo is back. Although that last line from his previous appearance about falling to darkness or whatever doesn't look good for him.

Return to “-Gold Storm- Shou”