xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Re: Garo -Gold Storm- Shou 17 released

Post by xiiliea »

Kill the kid of the liars. (Except that they weren't)

Jinga and Amily should have brought him with them, to show him how such horrors are defeated. Kinda a massive mistake to leave him with villagers who love killing kids.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Leaving the kid at the village was the right choice. He would be a liability during the Horror fight and just hinder Jinga and Amily.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

He would've been a liability, sure, but leaving him in a village full of people known for sacrificing kids sets off a few warning bells.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

If the kid was going to die regardless, the villagers was the better choice. That Horror would brutally kill the kid. At least the villagers was a bit more humane in their killing.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

They left the kid there because there was a chance they weren't coming back. That way at least their son would survive.

I stand by my statement that when viewed from the angle of an utterly crazy person, it probably makes sense. But at the same time when viewed from a normal angle, it doesn't.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

The backstory of Jinga and Amily was very tragic. I still don't understand why a boy had to be sacrificed. Why Yuuto? Why not any human? Other than that, this was a good episode. Ryuume looked so short fighting tall Decade. But that wire-fu action was neat and the more screentime Ryuume gets, the better. :)
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Maybe the Horror loves to eat young boys sort like how most demons love those virgin priestesses.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

I can't believe that dumb and dumber actually fell for her line and gave her back her magic brush. Seriously couldn't Gald just figure something out? He's supposed to be a priest himself, even if she was telling the truth, he should have just asked her to tell him the spell. Plus I noticed that in that origin she conveniently didn't mention anything about the mirror.

Considering that people don't normally spontaneously turn into horrors I find her explanation for that part of the backstory to be questionable. My theory is that they used the mirror and deliberately (or accidentally) converted themselves to horrors and now they're trying to convert Garo as well. I am wondering if the beast that they fought was actually the creature inside the mirror and they failed and it converted them and then they killed the village and their own son. (It doesn't seem very likely to me that are big horror would be willing to sit around in a forest and be fed a little bit at a time, but if it was sealed within the mirror and it was appeased as part of a sort of binding ritual or something like that perhaps once a year then that might make a little more sense.) Normally what happens when someone is very evil and a horror possesses them is that the horror actually consumes the soul and uses the body like a shell. The horror might have access to the memories of the human host like the vampires on Buffy did, but it remains horror so-and-so from the Shin Makai, wearing the human body. But that's not what they showed happening, they showed darkness/spirits flowing into them and then spontaneously changing them. That's a bit like what happened to Kiba in the first series but he didn't become a horror he became a corrupted knight. Lemures could also convert humans into horrors directly so that's why I think that the mirror actually is what changed them.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

This why the series always talk about the darkness in people hearts. The villagers sacrificed an unknown child instead of one of their own and the story was way too obvious when they left the kid at the village.

Amily looks beautiful without too much make up and it was cool to see dikeido using a Makai Knight coat :P.

So far the show its good as always with new characters and a little more character development for Rian and Ryuga.

What I really like about Garo is that every show it's different but they all keep the same feeling and soul that we all like about Garo :).
Final Vent!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

If the story is true (neat if it is), I think someone called this in the thread a few episodes ago.

You could see it happening from a mile away though. 'Son, stay here in this village where they sacrifice people to the monster while we leave you alone with these total strangers'.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

The series' writers have no reason to lie about their backstory at this point though.
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

I personally had trouble thinking Daigo and Gald, of all people, would trust Amily enough to give her brush back to her. That said, I liked the backstory behind Amily and Jinga, and the Ryume vs. Jinga fight was very well done. Glad the writers confirmed that Ryume can do more than a Makai priestess with superpowered hair-scrolls.

Overall, I enjoyed the plot developement. The preview for episode 18 also looks good:
Spoiler
Looks like Rian still doesn't get to fight. Seems to me like the writers are trying to get around my main problem with episode 16 (putting a relatively huge number of heroes against just two villains).
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,

Return to “-Gold Storm- Shou”