2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Watanabe Natsuna
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: miraculous
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Re: Garo -Gold Storm- Shou 18 released

Post by MadCow »

DaVinci030 wrote:THE GOLDEN KNIGHT RISES! ...sort of.

I wonder why Garo Dark wears a black cape. (Becomes the Dark Knight?)
Obviously, he has become The Goddamn Bat-Garo. Or Kivaro. Or Garova. :lol:
wisdomcat
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by wisdomcat »

Honestly if they used that suit for Yami wo Terasu Mono I would have been happy
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

I'm thrilled that they came up with a consistent plotline for this series, but it feels like they didn't actually have enough plot and so we've resorted to Dragonball Z style extended filler fights. Because really other than Garo fighting against the inner darkness that lead to a powerup, they really could have just resolved this whole fight right there in the skyscraper from two episodes ago. Also the more screen time they give to Mr. Decade, the more he freaking steals the show without even trying. (Considering the nature of this week's power up, complete with a stirring speech about excepting self weakness and becoming more powerful as result of it, they should shoot an outtake film where Jinga gives Dogai a stirring peptalk while they play the Decade speech music.)
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

Garo Yami didn't make a lot of sense to me (especially since he was talking about light erasing darkness the whole time). I also disliked how useless Rian was made (even before her being fridged). I wish she'd at least tried to use a spell on Jinga instead of just grabbing him. That said, I liked Ryuuga's mirror-world experience (didn't see YwTM, but I felt like the episode supplied the basic idea).

The fight around the middle was probably one of my favorite group fights in the series. Daigo and Ryume were both great and Jinga was epic as usual. Looking forward to episode 19!
Last edited by Mxylv on Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I'm confused with Light/Dark Garo as well. After spending a season getting rid of it, it now acts as an upgrade? Grrr.
abazigal
7X

Post by abazigal »

Mxylv wrote:Garo Yami didn't make a lot of sense to me (especially since he was talking about light erasing darkness the whole time). I also disliked how useless Rian was made (even before her being fridged). I wish she'd at least tried to use a spell on Jinga instead of just grabbing him. That said, I liked Ryuuga's mirror-world experience (didn't see YwTM, but I felt like the episode supplied the basic idea).

The fight around the middle was probably one of my favorite group fights in the series. Daigo and Ryume were both great and Jinga was epic as usual. Looking forward to the episode 19!
I somehow find the Yami No Terasu plot more cohesive, and it's my favourite Garo season to date. It just seemed more gritty and realistic compared to the other seasons, and the characters displayed more energy and emotion overall. But considering this was what hooked me to the whole Garo series, maybe I am just biased here.

The "the one to light the darkness" seems to be a play on several themes in the story. I am guessing it is a homage to the original season, but I guess it also means to bring hope to a city overrun by darkness.

That said, it's good to see Ryume holding her own in a fight. I was concerned that she would be relegated to "support" and "exposition" status after her climatic reveal against the giant horror (the one where she proceeds to blow it apart with her orbital scroll platform), so I am happy to see that she gets her share of action scenes.
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

Sorry, by "Garo Yami" I was referring to the tainted armor in the episode; I didn't see the series.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,

Return to “-Gold Storm- Shou”