Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Garo -Gold Storm- Shou 21 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Garo_-Gold_Storm-_Shou_21

Got to love the rocking music at the beginning that comes to an abrupt halt when Jinga gets upset.

Oh man, nice fight between Daigo and Jinga. Daigo's a real "Do what I say, not as I do" kind of person, isn't he? He's lucky to have plot shielding, because he'd be dead as fuck otherwise.

W-what? Why do Jinga and Amily need to have kids when they seem to be reproducing fine on their own? So is this version of Amily fake, or has she always been fake, or what?

When did Ryuuga get a fire Gouten? I mean, it's pretty cool. I think this is the first horse that Ryuuga Garo has gotten. He hasn't ridden a horse in the past, has he? Kind of feel like this lends more to my theory that Ryuuga's universe is just completely separate from the main series storyline.
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Re: Garo -Gold Storm- Shou 21 released

Post by XIII »

Horse mode did seem to come out of no where, was enjoying the sound of the fight while timing and then suddenly hearing horse sounds, my reaction was

<&XIII> wait wait wait, when the fuck did he unlock that

Just seems odd to see this come out of no where really or unearned compared to previous Garo users. But I am not going to complain too much since it did add to the dynamics nicely, in some ways its nice that they didnt just do an odd ep where he had to earn it during the course of the main plot line
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Where are the Makai Taxi Drivers? Ryuuga's got to be losing stamina/speed from all that running around.

Around 7:45 there's a scene where Jinga clearly says something but apparently they forgot to dub it over because there's no dialogue.

Yes, this heart wound is totally not fatal.

You do not have sufficient level to use this horse.
kuroblack
Go Go!

Post by kuroblack »

As far as I could remember,
Spoiler
after 99 horrors Kouga had to finish "the trial of inner shadows" to unlock Gouten. Raiga only needed the 99 horrors, but no official trial.

Maybe Ryuuga's experience in that mirror was equivalent.... but I think it was just Gald's makai plot-power.

..... I really wish there are explanations or else it would only cheapen Gouten's value.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

It's just an horse-like flame that Ryuuga rode. It's nothing more. Garo need to defeat 100 Horrors and to pass the trial to be able to summon Gouten. That flame is nothing like that, it's just a spell, which mean it need a Priest. Gouten doesn't, it's like a part of the armor.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

It's not Gouten. Glad used a fire spell to gave Ryuuga a horse.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

It was not a simple flame, you could see the armor horse under the fire.

BTW, I've just noticed one thing about the opening. Around 0:57 you wrote "Ima hashiru/Now run", but now I just realized that the song is called Emerge. Aren't they actually saying Emerge in engrish?
TokuCasual
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuCasual »

Gald probably gave all he got in the magic arsenal to make that flaming horse. Ryuuga just gave the horse some armor by sitting on it.

Great episode. That fight between Jinga and Daigo was good. Wing Ryuuga launching through the Horror Squid mouth was cool too.

Final showdown is near.
MadCow
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Watanabe Natsuna
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: miraculous
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by MadCow »

Props to whoever did the Daigo-Jinga fight choreography. Jinga was really just toying with his food there; I suspect the "non-fatal" wound was purely intentional on Jinga's part, because he knew it would make Ryuuga stop pursuing him so that he could run off and play with Amily and Radan.

The design of the squid-like Horrors was also pretty cool -- very Lovecraftian. Makes me wonder what the Cthulhu-equivalent is in the Garo universe.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

Agree about the Daigo/Jinga fight being pretty cool. Jinga gets to act all cocky and stuff. Btw, I love Jinga's armor form. I am confused about Amily as well. Is she now just a replica version? Kind of a sad way to go out if the rest of her character is robotic acting or something. The special effects looked nice as well I swear, this series is much better than the previous one.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

So... Given their constant string of utter failure to tip the scales even a little bit, what makes them think they can actually do it this time? This is going to either take a huge deus ex machina and/or ass pull to resolve, or will just create a huge plot hole.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

Dengar wrote:So... Given their constant string of utter failure to tip the scales even a little bit, what makes them think they can actually do it this time? This is going to either take a huge deus ex machina and/or ass pull to resolve, or will just create a huge plot hole.
I bet the three of them.
Victormaru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kaoru
Favorite Actor?: Mika Hijii
Favorite Band: m-flo
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: GARO
Quote: In the end, I am Eternal.

Post by Victormaru »

So Ryuga can just simply go into his dark armor form at will now, rather than the dark armor being permanent. Then he can just immediately turn into Batman and fly around like Dragon Ball Z. What, lol.
wisdomcat
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by wisdomcat »

Victormaru wrote:So Ryuga can just simply go into his dark armor form at will now, rather than the dark armor being permanent. Then he can just immediately turn into Batman and fly around like Dragon Ball Z. What, lol.
Yeah, I don't really like that about the upgrade. All of the upgrades from the past seasons have only been like one use and that was it.

Return to “-Gold Storm- Shou”