Garo Honoo no Kokuin 01 spoiler thread

Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Garo Honoo no Kokuin 01 spoiler thread

Post by Catastrophe »

Agree with you on that one. Just got around to checking this out and enjoyed it, only to come here and see people bagging on it.

I think the thing to keep in mind is that it is an anime. It's going to behave differently from how the same universe is portrayed in live action. If an anime if made into a live action, fans complain about that as well. I say we all just sit back and enjoy it for what it is.

The thing I like with the anime form is it will get a chance to portray scenes more violently than in the live action version that should more accurately represent the terrible nature of the GARO universe.
Dragg
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Gym!

Post by Dragg »

I just try to see it as entirely separate from the main series and enjoy it as it is. It's not like this is the first time they tried to pull it off anyway.

At least the anime didn't pretend that it was connected to the main Garo by making the main character's name end with "-ga", give him a similar looking cloak, and a clouded mysterious past that wasn't related to any previous events or characters all along.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Dragg wrote: At least the anime didn't pretend that it was connected to the main Garo by making the main character's name end with "-ga",
Now that you mention the "ga" thing I just realized that it is true. Most of the Garo bearers had ga ending their names. Taiga, Kouga, Raiga, Ryuga. Holy cow o_O

Return to “Garo Anime”