Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Garo Honoo no Kokuin 01 spoiler thread

Post by takenoko »

I agree with Luna. Branding can only take you so far. From the first episode alone, it doesn't really seem to bring any new ideas to the table. And it only cherry picks a few ideas from the original Garo series. So it's like the worst of both worlds. It doesn't offer the fans anything to latch on to (betrayal!) and new fans will just think it's boring and generic.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

It's funny how any series that don't have Kouga or Kaoru get dumb hate. Yami, Zero, Hana and now Honno. It's like you always try to find excuses to hate it.

Personally, I found it interesting. The anime format allow them to do things they couldn't with a live-action.

For the child in contact with the armor, you should buy glasses. At first, he had a spell that protected him from the flames. It was cast by his dying mother. Then, Zoro quickly wrap him in a cloth to prevent him from being burned by the armor. So to me everything was consistent. Let's see how it will be at the end. But so far, I liked it.

And yeah, I watched it subbed.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I personally liked Makai no Hana, but I can definitely see why people would consider it weaker than original series or Makai Senki. I feel like I made as many complaints about Makai Senki as I did with Makai no Hana. With Yami or Zero, I think the characters are a lot less developed than in previous seasons. And that leads to uninteresting stories.

I think I'm more guilty with hating on Garo shows with no Amemiya contribution to them. Those shows just feel like the spirit isn't in the right place with them. And while Makai no Hana captured the right feelings, it just underused its characters, which is unfortunate. (But I still think it was a good season)
stardrago
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by stardrago »

Well, do you think someone could at least subbed this in 480p SD format only for this and the rest of the episodes? even though Funimation is planning to sub it there is still no schedule for when it is out yet. Also, TV-Nihon has subbed the rest of the series, including the Gaiden's, movies, and that 6-part ZERO episodes, it would seem to be a waste in not doing this one as well.
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

its licensed, full stop, no fansubs
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

ok found it subbed and watched it. My own thoughts on subject to be fansubbig this;

1) Fansubbers are not quiet professionals so I think they have a right to choose what to sub and what not to and ofcourse even if I prefer they subbed something if they don't like the work themselves than I believe it is not their responsiblity to sub it.
2) Although fansubbers are not quiet professionals (and bt professionals I mean people who charge for their efforts and making a living out of it) they usually have their own principals. I know one of tv-nihons principals is not doing and even removing licensed products.

My thoughts on anime itself (not considering it is a garo)

1) The start was good but than again I prefer actual starts in stories instead of suddenly put in the middle of story than having flashbacks of various things. There were ofcourse some faults in it but I think more will be explianed as things progress.
2) Many people were complaining about bed-talk and zorro's having an affair with an horror. This is not a modern setting it is a medieval one and if nothing else bed-talks with a whore were norms many countries spy networks actually used whores and brothels for information gathering and let them do business just for that reason it would be more suspicious if there was no bed-talk at all. For having an affair with demon part wll he maybe just a playboy or was waiting for her to drop her guard. Unlike modern setting after all it would be problematic to just barge in and kill demon since there is a witch-hunt.
3) Combat could be better but i can't say it was dissatisfactory either.

My thoughts this as a Garo poduct

I can't make out something yet since we didnt see much of show so i will keep this to myself for the time being.

Overall it is not a bad anime but not that good either mostly an anime that is avarage at best from get-going at the moment.
KR_FIA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by KR_FIA »

My thoughts on this
- So yeah, instead of saving both of them, Herman just had to leave the mother behind as Zoro.
- Nothing much to say about the bed talk, aside from the fact I found it odd that a supposedly mature series would censor out drawn breasts with mist. Did they decide to tone it down, or there's some new policy I missed?
- So did that gullible guy get devoured in the same night, or they were trying to convey that it was the day before?
- A horror losing out to a naked knight. Now that's pitiful
- The gigantic horror looks fine, but are the soldiers horrors as well, or they just witnessed their leader being turned into a monstrosity? Like, let's blame it on witchcraft?

Also, the first episode in a Garo (Not Zero) series where Zaruba never talked? Madou tools sure are not being treated well as they are used to...
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

KR_FIA wrote: Also, the first episode in a Garo (Not Zero) series where Zaruba never talked? Madou tools sure are not being treated well as they are used to...
Well if they are going to link this with original garo somehow (not sure if they will) than Zaruba does not exist that time period i vaguely remember that in first garo series old makai priest mentioning that he made zaruba and it was one of his bratty (not this word but i think it was close) products.
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

But my opinion, Yami got more impact and the writing in the end of the arc was surpassed Makai no Hana and Zero. Though I hate they use CGI mostly instead of actual suits .
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

KR_FIA wrote:I found it odd that a supposedly mature series would censor out drawn breasts with mist. Did they decide to tone it down, or there's some new policy I missed?
It's just the policy of "Hey fans, if you buy our Blu-rays, we'll remove all that pesky censoring for you! $$$!!" :lol:
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

Well, CRUD. The summary I found attached to this on Crunchyroll, where I first heard about it, was a retelling of season 1. Guess that article was just straight up badly done, they must have wikied for a franchise description or something.

I would have been here for a high-def gorgeous retelling of S1, minus boobies.
KR_FIA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by KR_FIA »

Greenstalker wrote:
KR_FIA wrote: Also, the first episode in a Garo (Not Zero) series where Zaruba never talked? Madou tools sure are not being treated well as they are used to...
Well if they are going to link this with original garo somehow (not sure if they will) than Zaruba does not exist that time period i vaguely remember that in first garo series old makai priest mentioning that he made zaruba and it was one of his bratty (not this word but i think it was close) products.
Judging from the voiceacting list, Kageyama Hinorobu will be back in his role as Zaruba, so he clearly exists and wielded by the titular character.
abazigal
7X

Post by abazigal »

So the prince received a necklace with the Garo emblem as well? Interesting. Is he going to be like some challenger to the Garo mantle as well?
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

KR_FIA wrote: Judging from the voiceacting list, Kageyama Hinorobu will be back in his role as Zaruba, so he clearly exists and wielded by the titular character.
Than this will be a standalone (which is better if you ask me)

I was watching show finally on a 720p and they translated the place name as Leiden (previous one had something else but quality of video was bad since it was on a web browser and it was sounding like Reinen or Leinen so I was not sure) funny part is that my friend is currently in a university at Leiden (The Neatherlands) so this should be somewhere close to The Neatherlands if that is real world map they are using (or there is more than one Leiden)
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I really do think it's not that bad as some other people think it is. It's a good start and did some world building. I imagine the next episode will go more into Leon and why Garo is cracked on the left side.

Return to “Garo Anime”