Kaigan KR Ghost 02

G-g-ghosts?!
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Ghost Wiki Link

< Drive | Ghost | Ex-Aid >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Rating

Poll ended at Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:55 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
15%
☆☆☆☆
26%
☆☆☆
47%
☆☆
9%
3%

Total votes: 34
Ahoge-dono
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Faiz, Dekranger
2nd Favorite Series: Double, Magiranger
Dreamy: Lucca Milfy
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Rider Chips
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: "Do you have the courage...to ride with the devil?"

Re: Kaigan KR Ghost 02

Post by Ahoge-dono »

Anyone else feel the fights were kinda lack luster in this episode? The only thing the Ganma did was spam electric attacks and he was quickly dispatched with a single shot from the Edison mode.

Also, obligatory "Why does Tesla never get any props?"
Skeith
7X
Quote: I'm.....right here.

Post by Skeith »

Yaiba wrote:Much better episode than last week now that the basics are out of the way. We get to know more about Takeru, and Akari seems to be quieting down.

A lot of people complained about the fact that Takeru cannot die in battle, so nothing is at stake. But that's not true. He can die, and he will die in 95 days if the task given to him is not fulfilled. I think that's a lot worse than having a chance to randomly die in battle. He has a time limit, it's like having a fatal disease like cancer.

When you know you will die on a set day, what are you going to do with the days remaining? Give up? Enjoy life? Find a way to survive?

Imagin you go to the calendar and cross out each day, counting the number of days remaining.

How will you face it when the day finally comes? How will you deal with your friends and family? How will the people around you take it?

I think this can go a lot deeper than simply immune to death in battles, and I'm interested to see where the writers take this.
One thing that they could do and can work really well is that if he get really hurt/die in battle, days are taken off his time to heal him.

For example: He has 91 days left and "die" in a battle. He wakes up the next day thinking that he doesn't have to be so careful in battle, but then the old man says that to revive you takes days off your time limit. So instead of having 90 days left, he has 80 days now.

This can really hit home when he only has a week or 2 left as a death there will take all the days he has left.
Mxylv
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

This episode seemed like a pretty mixed one. I felt like the OP fit the lighter tone the show's apparently going for, but maybe I'm overthinking it a little ("Everyone has only one shot at life, so live it your way" seems to go against the premise of the show, where Takeru's getting a second chance at life). I thought that the first segment of the show was pretty bad, with only a few interesting moments, loud characters and unnecessary points throughout. That said, there were some other parts that I thought were surprisingly well done, such as Takeru's reaction to Sonoda's views on life's value and Takeru's talk with Akari. I also liked the historical accuracy in the episode, but man, I think the 3-second hip-hop luminary intro is gonna get old really fast.
Digifiend wrote:
Lunagel wrote:Also, we had 95 days left at the middle of this episode, so time is going a bit slower than actual time here. Or maybe next episode we'll catch up. I doubt they'll slow it down too much or else the Christmas episode is going to be in the middle of March.
I wouldn't worry about that - I think they're just making it so that all the important stuff doesn't always happen on a Sunday! And there was a scene of Akari at college, which wouldn't be possible on the weekend.
I assume there'll be a bit of variation throughout the show, as not to sound repetitive and unrealistic (either that of they want to introduce some secondary element for a bit longer). Did anyone else get a Star Blazers vibe with the time announcement at the end?
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, HwTM, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

Everything in this episode seemed awfully rushed. I wonder if KR writers are so used to 2-parters, that they have a hard time telling a full story in one episode? (Though looking at the credits, the guy writing this hasn't written KR before, so maybe it's the director's fault.)
Uzur9
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaimu
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokai
Favorite Band: J-rock/pop + Dubstep
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by Uzur9 »

AxemYellow wrote:Everything in this episode seemed awfully rushed. I wonder if KR writers are so used to 2-parters, that they have a hard time telling a full story in one episode? (Though looking at the credits, the guy writing this hasn't written KR before, so maybe it's the director's fault.)
the writer [Takuro Fukuda] has done Ultraman Max and Ultraseven X

direct [Satoshi Morota] Hibiki, W to Gaim

Only seen U7 X and thought it was OK so Ghost may end just being OK (least for me) This Ep. was alittle better then the first but not by much. Guess I will give it one more Ep. and see how I feel - to put on hold or not....
Kamen Rider left to finish:
Reiwa: Geats, Gotchard

Super Sentai left to finish:
Shōwa: Denjiman, Goggle V, Dynaman, Changeman

Heisei: Complete.

Reiwa: Zenkaiger, High School Heroes, Donbrothers & King-Ohger
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

The Bee? Is that you?
Weather
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite Actor?: Tomoyuki Dan
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Post by Weather »

Yeah, they could lay off on scientist weirdness. There are weird scientist and than there's this guy.

Pace was realyy fast, and we didn't realyy got too deep into that guy character, also he didn't helped much even after motivational speak.

Normally i would have different opinion, but i liked when protag yelled at Akari. She needed to see that this isn't some play in sandbox. Cos she is reeaaaly annoying with her being all too science'y.

Hehehe, Musashi got zapped >3

So we continue with sword turning into other forms weapons, but it can't go on for too long....or can it?

Edison form lookin pretty neato, even if a lil wasp'y.

So once again we have giant forms, but not so much giant, just lil big...And they're are all ships? Okay can work with that. That kaijin ship looked like a frikking robot from yattaman XD.

Suprised me that Akari ended up with bandage on her arm, and mon just continues to put her down even more in that state, what an asshole XD.

Pretty good, but could be better.
Twilights_Bard

Post by Twilights_Bard »

This followed up the pace of last episode in that it felt like so much was just, there dangling. What the hell is Captain Ghost supposed to be? (Ok, I understand a way to fight 'giant' Gamna, but for the other Riders that stuff felt more...logical?)

I'm kinda left wishing the Luminary Ghosts had some personality to actually sync with here, because they seem like there's something possibly there to work with and add to the Ghost side of things. I think right now I'm waiting to see an episode revolving around just a monster attack that doesn't lead to a powerup or a new Eyecon, because this feels like they're rushing for something. I guess I'm just waiting for more substance to go with all of the style that I'm seeing here.

Character wise, I can understand Takeru's moping, considering what really got pushed onto him and how any day that he's not making progress must feel like a total waste. Everyone else...I'm hoping for more development, but it feels like we're not seeing more then just the surface, so I don't really want to make judgements just yet.
xPrimexTimex
Infinity

Post by xPrimexTimex »

This was.....it was kinda bad. There's a lot of over the top reactions that don't make too much sense in my opinion. Onari and Akari are too grating, especially when you compare them to Takeru's calm demeanor. Sometimes having opposite personalities can work, but here it's not working out at all. Either it makes Takeru seem dull or Onari/Akari seem too obnoxious and annoying.

The episode felt rushed and I felt they could have used more time to connect with the scientist, and honestly I would have preferred this as a 2-parter.

I think the show is still trying to figure things out and what the characters are going to be, so I'm gonna give it a pass but I need to see more to get into it.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Uzur9 wrote:the writer [Takuro Fukuda] has done Ultraman Max and Ultraseven X
Just to specify.. he only did 2 eps. of Max and one of U7X.
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by kangchan »

I never saw any Rider show before Ghost. With Ghost I feel the structure and pace look like Sentai with 1 ep 1 story, so I enjoy this show so much since it gave me the similar feeling with Sentai.
MrRed13
There are four lights!
There are four lights!
Favorite series: Decade/Faiz/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Garo/OOO/Gokaiger
Dreamy: Tsukasa Kadoya
Favorite Actor?: Watanabe Shuu
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Possibilities
Quote: "If you have the motivation, I don't think anything in this world is imposibble. First, you have to start moving. If you move, something will start." - Kaito Kid
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by MrRed13 »

I like this rider stetic(the rider forms and that the weapon can change form) and all the 99 days theme but the story develops in a comical way that weaks this. But, just because its similar to what happened with Gaim(no one take de fruits serious at the begining) I want to know how they will make us cry with these rider xD
PD. I really dont like the OP or the forms songs. And, if the sword can become a bow, it woukd be similar to Den-O right?
"Oh... im the destroyer of worlds".
"Hey, do you know? when you have a dream... sometimes its really painful... and sometimes you get really fired up. Or so i hear. I don't have a dream. But, you know, I can protect dreams."
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

The calendar at the start of the episode makes me think that the 99 days is being done in real time like they normally do with these shows, so it'll be up around when the mid-season form is introduced?
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

I feel like the Opening Theme was supposed to be this way to offset the dark tone of the story. Let's think back: Gaim had a theme based around surviving a war, Drive had a theme based on high speed. Why not have an opening about living your life to the fullest, even if you don't have much time left?

The lighting rod Musashi bit earned a chuckle from me.

Eeehhhh, couldn't really care about the Scientist. Liked the Edison information. Wonder why we're so against that in the U.S.?

I'm not sure why, but Captain Ghost being an iguana made me laugh. It's soooo out of left field, and I don't remember any stories about iguana's and Ghost's so I gotta look that up.

There was a small pang of sadness in my heart when the monk ran through Ghost to help Akari. I know he brushed it off, but I can tell he felt something when he saw that scene.

I would've liked to see Edison form fight a tad longer though. I do like the wasp/light bulb motif they have going for the mask. Looks different, but good.

Next week:
Spoiler
I'm eagrly awaiting Sunday, just so I can make a meme of Ghost saying 'YOU HAVE FAILED THIS CITY!'
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

Why are people complaining about the fact he can't die when in fact he already has and is now on borrowed time? You don't expect any of the other main series riders to die, you see them get their asses handed to them. You know deep down that they will be in the final episode, so why complain?

He feels the pain of dying if he loses though. Which is a lot worse. I wouldn't want to be Ghost. Imagine the pain of breaking your arm, however imagine the pain in your back or neck. Now imagine that pain not going away as quickly as death grants.

The episodes are fast paced, something tells me they are building up for something epic.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ghost”