Kaigan KR Ghost 03

G-g-ghosts?!
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Ghost Wiki Link

< Drive | Ghost | Ex-Aid >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Rating

Poll ended at Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:20 am

☆☆☆☆☆
19%
☆☆☆☆
41%
☆☆☆
26%
☆☆
15%
No votes

Total votes: 27
Renigami
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Re: Kaigan KR Ghost 03

Post by Renigami »

xPrimexTimex wrote:I literally couldn't with this episode. This felt like a stage comedy, but only not as good as one. The acting is exaggerated, the writing is poor, and while I'm willing to suspend my disbelief when it comes to most shows, I can't do it with this one. There's NO WAY you can tell me there's someone with Robin Hood's bow & arrow AND have a person with a strong connection with Robin Hood. I can get one or the other, but not both. This should have been a two parter. If it's two parts I can get behind the Robin Hood connection and maybe connect with Mari a bit more.

That tear he shed...that was just bad. No. NO. YOU CAN'T SHED A TEAR AFTER MEETING HER FOR THE SECOND TIME!

Sigh....maybe next week will be better.
Just watching episodes 18 and 19 of Kamen Rider Faiz... that had better relateable, more realistic moments than any of Ghost so far. And yes you are right, it would have been better handled if it was a two parter, like again with what Faiz had done. Just seeing post-Decade series, and watching pre-Decade series episodes, is plainly obvious. There is more attention grabbing shallow presentation with no character versus the other. Loud moments had impact because QUIET moments are allowed to shine.

It seems like the whole "catch-em-all" eyecons is only HALF of what Ghost has to offer, and would like to speed through that as best as possible. I know most people bag on Drive's building moments, but those had at least more sense and acting than... Ghost so far (with the three episodes comparing too).

Also, is it me or is everyone in the complimenting heavy acting at the end of episode 3. That pause between Takeru and Onari is VERY AWKWARD and not a good example of a quiet moment. As if the writer literally had nothing they can do with that moment.
KR_FIA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by KR_FIA »

I'd say that this week is just too much for a single episode to contain, which caused it to look rushed. What's the point of telling us about Mari's father getting killed indiscriminately? Who did it and the modus operandi involved? They don't even bother to show why Mari felt powerless as a journalist and so on.

So the origin of eyecon is somewhat revealed, making it a rehash to previous show. When filled brim with negative emotion, a human host can die out to form an Eyecon. Why does it remind me of a KR series from yesteryears?

I find it funny some compare this series with Drive, given that latter is filled with serial killers and other negative terms even with comedies thrown in.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Renigami wrote:Just watching episodes 18 and 19 of Kamen Rider Faiz... that had better relateable, more realistic moments than any of Ghost so far.
I just checked myself and 18/19 were the ones with the girl who uh.. hates laundry. That's better than "My dad died too but instead of honoring his memory, I'm gonna go out and commit crimes!"?
xPrimexTimex wrote:That tear he shed...that was just bad. No. NO. YOU CAN'T SHED A TEAR AFTER MEETING HER FOR THE SECOND TIME!
Why not? People feel bad for others they don't know all the time. =V
TNT
7X

Post by TNT »

After not watching driv I'm going to try and follow Ghost, at least based on the first three eps.

I like the belt sounds (apparently I'm the only one). While the belt does yell loudly I do feel like it's less busy than both Gaim (Orange! Lock on! [Horn blazing!] Orange Arms! Haii! In the spotlight on stage!) and Wizard (Shadoobi dabi whatever flame please). What people shouldn't forget though is that usually the belt gets less focus as they get further into the story.
I love the suit. It's clean and the coat makes the outfit. I also rather like how enemies get their own coats blown off when they're defeated.
The lead is a bit of a towel, but he's really adorkable. The advantage of course is that he can at least grow.
I really hope the monk guy mellows out, but at least he's useful unlike Wizards little helpers.
The science girl reminds me of the Wizard police lady and she's already less noisy than her first two episodes. In addition she's making herself useful. Hopefully she gets the room to develop further.
You know, I'd love to see her create a technological ridersuit at some point and then give it to the monk. It would be a hilarious fusion of religion and science.
I hope the powers get more time though, because currently I just don't see the difference between Edison and Robin Hood. :?:

The writers should really learn when not and when you should do double episodes. This episode would've gained a lot from being a two parter.
Little Johns identity was stupidly obvious. Next to the decidedly female ass/hips, her actress was the only new character during the entire ep and she had 'relatable' character problems. Next time they should just give her a name tag. "Hi, I'll be your designated victim."

So far it really reminds me a lot of the first episodes of Wizard except with worse choreography. Part of the choreo was at least related to the main character sucking at fighting, but stuff like this episode where he doesn't even dodge axes that are flying everywhere is just silly.

I really hope it doesn't fumble the potential like Wizard did. The whole dead people and ghost stuff has potential.
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by xiiliea »

I really thought the phone would be a hint to Alexander Graham Bell (the guy who invented the phone). So this was a pretty weird connection with Robin Hood.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ghost”