Kaigan KR Ghost 15

G-g-ghosts?!
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Ghost Wiki Link

< Drive | Ghost | Ex-Aid >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:59 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
28%
☆☆☆☆
44%
☆☆☆
17%
☆☆
11%
No votes

Total votes: 18
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kaigan KR Ghost 15

Post by takenoko »

<Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Last week's poll rating: 4.27 (15 votes)
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Re: Kaigan KR Ghost 15

Post by Arigomi »

I was finally starting to warm up to Makoto after Kanon was resurrected but this episode was a huge step backwards. He is still withholding valuable information about the Ganma from the others for what I assume are completely selfish reasons. He stupidly tried to bully Houdini into doing his bidding and this episode doesn't seem to convey that Makoto learned anything.

Kanon has become an airhead with her big smile when she saw Alan. Is she really so oblivious to everything? I'm surprised that she isn't mad that Makoto risked her life for the sake of his wounded pride. She also doesn't seem upset that "Alan-sama" was responsible for her kidnapping.

This episode was clearly written as setup for Takeru talking to Musashi. Unfortunately, I found the writing leading up to that scene frustrating.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

JESUS CHRIST CAN WE STOP KIDNAPPING THE CHICK ALREADY

Goddammit I hate this kind of plot line. Nothing turns me off a show faster than seeing the helpless chick waiting for the guy to save her.

I mean, for fuck's sake, go for the balls! Kick him where it counts Kanon!
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Arigomi wrote:He stupidly tried to bully Houdini into doing his bidding
I'm not quite sure how he bullied Houdini when... the latter was the one trying to run Makoto over with his own motorcycle.
All Makoto did was ask him for his power.
Rifaz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Rifaz »

Apparently that Javel guy is still alive, quite a battle maniac, that guy.

That Houdini form is pretty cool, the mostly CGI battle isn't as cool, though.
"There was a ticking time bomb strapped to her chest... That's why she has a dynamite body!!" - Amakusa Shino
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:
Arigomi wrote:He stupidly tried to bully Houdini into doing his bidding
I'm not quite sure how he bullied Houdini when... the latter was the one trying to run Makoto over with his own motorcycle.
All Makoto did was ask him for his power.
Makoto's not asking, he's ordering. It's basically "Lend me your power. Listen and obey me, I'm your master." kind of thing, to which Houdini retaliate by ramping Makoto with the motorcycle.

While Takeru is "We are friends, let's work together", hence Makoto's comment of "I have my way of doing things."

But to be frank, I don't see why Houdini suddenly agree to help him after denying it for so long. Makoto has that Eyecon for like forever already. They didn't really build up on a justification for why he suddenly can use it after delaying it for so long.
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

Lunagel wrote:JESUS CHRIST CAN WE STOP KIDNAPPING THE CHICK ALREADY

Goddammit I hate this kind of plot line. Nothing turns me off a show faster than seeing the helpless chick waiting for the guy to save her.
Better yet: How many of her lines have been simply "Oniichan" in the exact same tone each time?

Another good episode from Ghost, can't say I'm surprised. Might have to watch it again though, I didn't understand how Makoto got on Houdini's good side. The rest was good though! Very happy to finally see why the Houdini form looks the way it does. Saw it a month or so ago and couldn't figure out what the hell the wheels were.

Yurusen, in my opinion, might be the best character in the show. There's never a time when she's been on screen that I didn't laugh.

Next episode:
Spoiler
Well, we know where those Green Eyecons are headed. Plus, the award for the biggest henshin device in the history of ever goes to....!
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
Gottis
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Dreamy: UM SNAKE DAD
Favorite Actor?: Inukai Atsuhiro
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Making music videos!
Quote: We're the Heroes of Our Time

Post by Gottis »

oniichan oniichan oniichan oniichan oniichan oniichan

I'd be more upset about her kidnapping if Shibuya hadn't gotten the damsel in distress treatment earlier, but still... Jarring enough. >_>

The writing for Kanon aside though, I liked the episode well enough.
Finished: All Heisei
Watching: Zi-O
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Why is it by about episode 15 you just want to punch the secondary rider in the face as hard as you can?
Gottis wrote:oniichan oniichan oniichan oniichan oniichan oniichan
Rumor has it if you say "oniichan" 3 times in a row, a ghost will appear. :lol:
HarryFA1
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
My boom: GAIM
Quote: "This is OUR stage now!" - Kouta Kazuraba, Kamen Rider Gaim

Post by HarryFA1 »

Kinda funny how Specter gets his super mode from a guy who died from one punch. Not calling him a wimp or anything, just strange to me that Houdini, a stage magician, is apparently more powerful than Nobunaga & Tutankhamen, literal kings.

Also, I think I liked Kanon better when she was an eyeball, at least then she had an excuse for being useless.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Lunagel wrote:JESUS CHRIST CAN WE STOP KIDNAPPING THE CHICK ALREADY

I mean, for fuck's sake, go for the balls! Kick him where it counts Kanon!
Well, Kanon is not a fighter so there isn't much she can do. It's easier to think about what you should do when you're sitting peacefully in your chair than it is when you're in the situation. People doesn't always react like they would have wanted to.

Also Luna, they did the same with guys before, Shibuya and Onari being good examples, and you didn't complain about it. Talk about double standard.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Mandalori wrote:Well, Kanon is not a fighter so there isn't much she can do. It's easier to think about what you should do when you're sitting peacefully in your chair than it is when you're in the situation. People doesn't always react like they would have wanted to.

Also Luna, they did the same with guys before, Shibuya and Onari being good examples, and you didn't complain about it. Talk about double standard.
I'm not complaining about her personality. It's the fact that the "kidnap the girl" thing happens EVERY. SINGLE. SEASON. Even last year with Kiriko when it really didn't fit her personality to be the damsel in distress. I didn't complain about Shibuya and Onari because frankly, men don't get kidnapped so it was actually kinda refreshing. Overreliance on tropes is damning, some twist to a trope is innovative.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

I partly agree with Kiriko, while she's an action girl, you usually can't fight back once you get kidnapped, unless the kidnapper is incompetent. And it's possible to take people by surprise, so even the most badass people can get kidnapped.

Beside, it doesn't happen that often. It's not like it was a once per month thing.
Shipuujin
Infinity
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by Shipuujin »

I like the Houdini form. It's great how the bike turns into the Houdini form as well. It also has an awesome finisher! However, I'm not a big fan of the CGI battles. Javert loves to waste those Gundari!

Speaking of which, seeing as how one of the Ganma was revived previously, I shouldn't have been surprised as I was to see Javert come back so easily. I wonder if there will be a way to permanently defeat the Ganma?

Takeru certainly earned his talk with his hero Musashi, but like others have said, I wasn't convinced that Houdini suddenly felt that Makoto was worthy of his power. Also was surprised that Houdini is Specter's super form. What I really liked though is that Makoto didn't do the cliche route of having his mindset changed, and continued onwards on what he thought was right. That goes to show that each person has their own pathway and that there is not actual "correct" path.
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

This was a bad episode for me. The plot was bad (how many more times would Kanon be kidnapped??), The CGI battle was horrendous and the fisheye effect is completely unnecessary.
Also, how is it that Makoto can sometimes move and sometimes not when he was tied up by Houdini? That didn't make sense.

Yurusen had some great lines again. :lol:

And how can Javert really die if it seems like he can be summoned again or something???

Preview:
Spoiler
What does Mega Uroudo mean?
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One

Return to “Kamen Rider Ghost”