Kaigan KR Ghost 19

G-g-ghosts?!
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Ghost Wiki Link

< Drive | Ghost | Ex-Aid >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:17 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
29%
☆☆☆☆
57%
☆☆☆
10%
☆☆
5%
No votes

Total votes: 21
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kaigan KR Ghost 19

Post by takenoko »

<Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Last week's poll rating: 4.08 (12 votes)
Zychotic
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Inoue Masahiro
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Re: Kaigan KR Ghost 19

Post by Zychotic »

Looks like the other eyecons can be used with the Boost form. I was wondering whether they would use the short coat or long coat so it seems they're using short coats for the earlier eyecons.

I have a feeling Alain is on the "good side"/will eventually sympathise with the humans and realise the Ganma World isn't perfect. He just doesn't come across as evil unlike Javert/Igor. I do kind of feel that he's putting up an act and he took the Necrom power to help further his ordeal. However it's more likely that he'll just turn to the good side later. Either way his character is interesting to me so I can't wait to see next weeks episode.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

I'm surprised to see the takoyaki woman again. So far, she seems to have more influence on the plot than either of Onari's assistants.

I feel conflicted with having Kanon as the key to reaching Alain's heart. On one hand, she is taking a more active role. On the other hand, her actions seem foolish.
Rifaz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Rifaz »

It's hard for me to like Kanon, I wonder why...
"There was a ticking time bomb strapped to her chest... That's why she has a dynamite body!!" - Amakusa Shino
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Because her role could easily be filled by a parrot taught to say "oniichan"?
envedges
Infinity

Post by envedges »

Thane Camus made cameo in this episode, which I assume at least one of guys are familiar with him since he played the main antagonist from the Zero miniseries and a Horror in Makai no Hana. Given his past roles in Garo, I was kind of expecting him to play Ganma in this episode, but instead he played a victim.
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

Yeah, I noticed when watching the episode. It was kinda like "Hey it's youuuuu. What are you doing here? Just a random cameo? Oh, okay, bye!"
TokuCasual
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuCasual »

A decent episode. But I agree, they got to do something about Kanon. Her role is rather boring, almost pointless.

Ghost is on a level of alright at this point, but they seriously need to step it up. While I am still enjoying it, the story is a bit scatter. Heck, that doctor friend of Takeru's father who got struck in the back is still missing in action, no one know if he's dead or alive. Wherever he is, he still hold the information to the monolith research.

Too much strangeness, while sometime intriguing, it can also be a drag if it lingers on too long.
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

TokuCasual wrote:Ghost is on a level of alright at this point, but they seriously need to step it up. While I am still enjoying it, the story is a bit scatter. Heck, that doctor friend of Takeru's father who got struck in the back is still missing in action, no one know if he's dead or alive. Wherever he is, he still hold the information to the monolith research.
Guy's dead, they gave his actor flowers. That means he's not coming back.
TokuCasual
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuCasual »

@Lunagel

Ah, thanks for the info. I guess Onari never got him to the hospital on time.

You are talking about the doctor who sacrifice himself for Takeru and not the man in black right? Because Saionji I know about.

Just to be sure we're on the same page. I didn't think they give out flowers to guest actor who only appear in an episode or two.
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

Lunagel wrote:Because her role could easily be filled by a parrot taught to say "oniichan"?
We need an Oniichan Counter for her appearances, it's gotten a bit out of hand :lol:

Not a super-duper episode by any stretch and it didn't seem like anything really happened. I'm starting to feel like Ghost has shot itself in the foot with the first story arc being so jam packed and fast paced. Now that it's slower and getting thin, I can't help but wish they could get back into high gear soon.
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Lunagel wrote:Because her role could easily be filled by a parrot taught to say "oniichan"?
Both Kanon and Yurusen are being annoyingly useless right now...
mholden020 wrote: Not a super-duper episode by any stretch and it didn't seem like anything really happened. I'm starting to feel like Ghost has shot itself in the foot with the first story arc being so jam packed and fast paced. Now that it's slower and getting thin, I can't help but wish they could get back into high gear soon.
I'm finding myself in agreement. I'm getting tired of Necrom's hit & run tactics; this is the third episode he's beat up Ghost and then run off. It feels like that part of the plot is stalling for time. (For the next power up I'd assume)

I did however like Takeru trying to make friends with a Ganma. It's traditional Rider optimism, but it's being handled well so far.
nanamarfo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Yuki Jojima
Favorite Band: RIDER CHIPS
Quote: "My life is burning bright!" -Takeru Tenkuji

Post by nanamarfo »

A least Ghost is keeps it's consistency.

I am wondering did Alan deceive Kanon to make her happy? I think it is possable.

Takreiu seems to be a lot more intresting than Shinnosuke in Drive's counterpart to this episode. He actually tries to be friends with the Ganma,and is not just like "OK I see your point." He want to UNDERSTAND them, not use him to see if someone else good. Also, I think Alan knows he is not in a perfect world, and is lying to himself.

Was Kanon decived?

Who is this new commander?

What is the secret in this family?

How will it affect Alan?

And will the Kamen Rider 1 movie be good?

Overall a good episode, but room for Improvemt. They soon need to re pick up the pace.
NOMarfo
Luq_Kun
Favorite series: Ghost
2nd Favorite Series: OOO and Double
Dreamy: Moune (Gosei Yellow)
Favorite Actor?: Masahiro Inoue
Favorite Band: Kana Boon
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Final Fantasy XV
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Luq_Kun »

Pretty okay episode. I gave an extra star cause of Necrom's Sanzo Finisher. Those three "whatever the hell those things are" just combined into a cloud, and brought Necrom and Spectre away, Goku-style.

Have to admit, Kanon needs to do more than just say "Onii-chan". Its getting pretty stale. And Benkei in Boost form? Hell yeah! Benkei always striked me as a pretty strong form.

Not sure about you guys, but Alain here maybe teetering on the edge to being good. Maybe its a good thing, maybe its not. I'm still on the fence for this one.
Currently watching:
Ghost, Jyuohger, Hibiki

Finished series:
Kuuga, Kabuto, Decade, Double, OOO, Gaim, Blade
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Kanon does say more than just "Onii-chan". It's funny how things are overexagerated whereas some are just forgotten to fit in one's beliefs.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ghost”