Kaigan KR Ghost 23

G-g-ghosts?!
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Ghost Wiki Link

< Drive | Ghost | Ex-Aid >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:37 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
41%
☆☆☆☆
45%
☆☆☆
9%
☆☆
No votes
5%

Total votes: 22
Rifaz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Re: Kaigan KR Ghost 23

Post by Rifaz »

Wow, that took a lot of hassle for just a Rider Kick.

And since Takeru doesn't own all eyecons, I guess this isn't a form we will see often?

Though is it planned for both sentai and kamen rider have their weapons destroyed?
"There was a ticking time bomb strapped to her chest... That's why she has a dynamite body!!" - Amakusa Shino
Gao
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO

Post by 453145 »

It was a nice episode and I love Grateful, It's the best combination of Kuuga Ultimate and Blade King, his jingle is so awesome and makes want to see his final form, even if his rider kick takes ages to be completed

But when Takeru transforms he literally takes all the eyecons, so Grateful is a new Hyper Blade? I say it because while Alain could be using Grimm or Sanzou and then Takeru wants to be a troll so he transforms into Grateful and Alain goes back to Necrom or his normal body, just like Sasword. If that's the case then Necrom needs an upgrade and I hope he gets it, I mean since Gaim the secondary riders and the riders with a new transformation device never get a proper final form so I would love to see Ghost destroying the curse.

Now let's go back to the ganma world because Makoto forgot his body, the main reason to go in first place! I'm sure that Adel will take care of it. And Gramps looks suspicious as always, I wonder if he's manipulating both sides or it was his twin.

And what's the deal with the bussines cards? They are giving too much attention to them.
Mxylv
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

It seems to me that whenever Onari and Akari agree on something, they're either both wrong or it's for advertising.

This episode, in my opinion, is what makes Ghost a really great show. Takeru's struggling, being traumatized and getting a bit arrogant really added a level of realism to him. The glaces I'd previously had at Grateful had me rather worried, but now I think he actually looks pretty neat (although the belt is still a little bulky). Makoto's "death" and Alain getting used to being flesh and blood was also quite well done, and Ultima's ability to destroy virtually anything was really neat as well. The only issue I had with the episode was that Takeru didn't connect the hearts of the luminaries so much as the luminaries deciding to do so on their own accord, but the rest of the episode made up for it. All and all, another very well done episode!
Zor wrote:At what point can we start making greatful dead jokes?
Well, we had Ghost Rider in episode 1 and Space Ghost in episode 14, so sounds like a good idea to me.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, HwTM, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
Renigami
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Renigami »

Zychotic wrote: So those bodies Takeru saw are actually the bodies of the Ganma world people. Whilst in those pods, they take the form of an eyecon which explains why Makoto is an eyecon. I guess that means now Alain is using his own body instead of an eyecon so if he dies, he's permanently dead. That would make sense as to why Adel killed the eyecon Alain, then ordered his people to kill Alain.
It makes sense.... but if that was the case, why not cut to the chase and disintegrate the body of Alain at the same time given the number of forces versus Alain?

Grateful form... it is reminding me greatly of Blade's King Form with design. So does this mean that since it is a separate driver that "technically" Grateful can be passed around?
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

You know I just realized something. The actor who played Sennin also played the Cigarin horror in Garo: Makai Senki episode 1. I should really read the tv-nihon wikia...
miryoku
Adventure
Quote: Blacking tosh.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by miryoku »

I'm grateful that the jingle wasn't longer XD
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

I think I figured out why, while I like this series and how it attempts to be an ongoing story the way Gaim did, it doesn't feel nearly as good as it did watching Gaim. I'll spoiler tag, since I'm typing a long rant.

Spoiler
Gaim had a detailed backstory with a whole other world involved and something new happened every episode, whether it be a new armor or an allegiance shift or whatever, and the story was tightly written to fit the whole season, barring the crossover special and a couple of tie-in episodes.

Ghost has a detailed with a whole other world involved where it seems like something is happening almost every episode, but the story isn't nearly as tightly written and the tie-ins, while not taking a full episode usually, aren't handled as well. with Gaim, yes, a whole episode would be a tie-in, like with Kikaider, but we were warned it was happening and could prepare. with Ghost, it's usually something like "I have these magnets of Ghost and Drive!" or "I have these Christmas cards!" where it's showing off a real thing you could get and stopping the plot dead in its tracks for a few minutes with no warning to talk about it.

also, while there were plenty of new forms and such in Gaim, there were also several riders to give them to, so you could advance a character's arc without having to make them emotionally capable of receiving new power, like how Takeru usually has to reach some character moment within a single episode to get a power up that he'll not often use because he's got 15 of them. for that matter, Gaim didn't even need an excuse for new forms. it could be as simple as "I found it lying on the ground" and it was legitimate because of how lockseeds worked.

for that matter, with the exceptions of W and OOO, ever since Decade the "all the powers at once" form has been a final form. this is the middle of the season. it's no wonder it feels rushed when they have to take 15 whole forms, which could've filled up half the season on their own, and have to cram them into the first third or so. and where can they go from here?

basically, I like what they have here, I just wish they'd stop cramming in promotional tie-ins and give the plot room to breathe so things feel properly earned.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

Poor Makoto! he gets rekt every single episode and he finally died!... The ultimate form is ok and it reminds me a lot to Blade King form.

So far the story is dark and interested something that was needed back in Kamen Rider for a long time.

Lets see what are they going to do in the remaining 20+ episodes but without a doubt a "good" show not excellent but good.
Final Vent!
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

Makoto passed from being a Badass kamen rider to be Mumen Rider, Let's hope he has the justice spirit.
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

I'm curious, and just to understand your process, what exactly was driving you guys nuts in the setup that caused the longer turnaround time?

if you want to leave it at "Trade Secret", that's fine.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Sinkuu wrote:I'm curious, and just to understand your process, what exactly was driving you guys nuts in the setup that caused the longer turnaround time?

if you want to leave it at "Trade Secret", that's fine.
New effects need to be coded from scratch, older effects copy/paste done. There were several new effects this episode that had to be carefully timed and coded and that took up a lot of time.
Barim
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: SS: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: KR: Ryuki
Favorite Band: Queen
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Barim »

Caught up from episode 5 after JyuOhger's promo showed the next episode to be a crossover...

All in all, that was actually very good. The show lost some of it's mystique to me when it moved into the over-arching Ganma stuff, but some of the Ganma characters made up for that. (Still waiting for Saionji's triumphant return, he really made the first arc of the show and is still the best antagonist the show has had). I really, really like Javert for some reason, while Adel still makes me shrug, why? He hasn't had nearly enough build-up, especially since he usurped an antagonist that also greatly lacked depth. Which again goes back to what I said, Alain was more interesting as Alan, without the royal family intrigue...

Sennin might be making things interesting, but since we've seen this so often before, I'm expecting something like Dairanger.

Like always with shows like these, Takeru is the bland centre piece that connects all other characters, without the guts to really do something unexpected. Onari and Akari have really grown on me. Onari's tendencies are far easier to digest on a non-Rider.(Not so subtle Mach bashing...)

Makoto is the way a secondary rider should be, serious, no-nonsense, and no mispronounced English that makes his Henshin phrases impossible to take serious... (Oh my, more not so subtle Mach (or should I say, MaHAAA) bashing...)
Kanon is so far a fun character, especially with her responses to Fumi's teasing.

Only thing I'm still wondering, the shrine-arch, is that really Takeru's house or is it somewhere behind it? The indoor scenes does not look like they'd fit inside...

Yurusen is the only character I am uncertain about. The entire reveal of there being no real ghosts, just Ganma that humans believe to be ghosts, makes me wonder whether Yurusen is a Ganma or something else entirely. I'm not even certain if she is actually in league with Sennin. Senning hiding from Makoto and Kanon kinda revealed he was a Ganma ahead of time, yet so far we've had no other reasons to suspect Yurusen.
Spoiler
Once the Heron to set his path,
Twice the Heron to name him true,
Once the Dragon for remembrance lost,
Twice the Dragon for the price he must pay.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Grateful form looks like it could be a spare Gokaiger.

Gokai Fire?

Return to “Kamen Rider Ghost”