Kaigan KR Ghost 25

G-g-ghosts?!
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Ghost Wiki Link

< Drive | Ghost | Ex-Aid >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

☆☆☆☆☆
21%
☆☆☆☆
50%
☆☆☆
21%
☆☆
No votes
7%

Total votes: 14
eijiman
IXA

Re: Kaigan KR Ghost 25

Post by eijiman »

bluegreen wrote:
ViRGE wrote: However I think Takeru wins the idiot of the week award. There's a red gas in the sky, and he always picks the least practical way of reaching it? Need a sample, send the cranky ghost. Need to reach the enemy? Launch yourself with several different luminaries? The one thing he didn't do? Use the damn eyecon with the power of flight! :P
Or, you know, remember he's a ghost and can fly all by himself. That would have been even simpler. He's flying all over the place in the opening every week.
Yeah, i tought the same, if i were to give an explanation about it, i would say that them throwing him gives more speed that he could get by flying. but then the last week in the roller coaster Takeru was sacred of the heights.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

ViRGE wrote:Shouldn't it be eyecons? Or luminaries if we're talking about the souls?
Nope. We've been translating 英雄 (eiyuu) as "luminary" and 偉人 (ijin) as "icon" since episode 1. Icon doesn't show up as much but every text box is always Icon Trivia.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Lunagel wrote:
ViRGE wrote:Shouldn't it be eyecons? Or luminaries if we're talking about the souls?
Nope. We've been translating 英雄 (eiyuu) as "luminary" and 偉人 (ijin) as "icon" since episode 1. Icon doesn't show up as much but every text box is always Icon Trivia.
Gotcha. Thanks Luna.
nanamarfo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Yuki Jojima
Favorite Band: RIDER CHIPS
Quote: "My life is burning bright!" -Takeru Tenkuji

Post by nanamarfo »

Yaiba wrote:I just realised. It's 25 episodes and we still haven't got an ending/fighting/character song for this series.
I have been thinking about it since episode 15. Don't get wrong, I like the instrumental pieces that play, but I need songs by RIDER CHIPS, Kamen Rider Girls, something.

I think we are finally learning about Alan. He seems to be plotting to get his Gamna body back maybe?

What is up with the prayer room?

Why would Takeru give up his life Again? Granted I like his concept.

Nice Episode.
NOMarfo
Gao
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO

Post by 453145 »

ViRGE wrote:However I think Takeru wins the idiot of the week award. There's a red gas in the sky, and he always picks the least practical way of reaching it? Need a sample, send the cranky ghost. Need to reach the enemy? Launch yourself with several different luminaries? The one thing he didn't do? Use the damn eyecon with the power of flight! :P
It's worse because he took Makoto's bike, when I saw that I thought he was going to use Houdini but clearly no, waste three luminaries, even if he's in Grateful why don't simply sends Houdini to punch him and use Robin/Edison/Ryoma/Billy to destroy him with a shoot.
Spoiler
BTW next episode:Toucon Houdini
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

So it popped into my head today, we have the three Riders, Ghost Ore, Specter and Necrom. I think there are hints in their names to tell us more about their states. Now Ghost's is obvious. He's a true ghost, he's dead and almost buried. On the other hand, Specter isn't a true ghost, he has a body and is just a disembodied spirit - a specter. Then Necrom's name becomes more obvious. Alain is for all intents and purposes dead, but he has been brought back in a material body - necromancy.

If we assume that Alain is just a necromized spirit, then it becomes a little clearer about the Ganma themselves. They're in the capsules because they too are dead, but it was teh Emperor's prayers that kept them alive in an Eyecon form, a form of necromancy if you think about it.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I think that Takeru used the Rube Goldberg way of fighting the airplane Gamma because even though Takeru can fly as a Ghost and Houdini can also fly the airplane Gamma can fly much faster.
Gao

Post by 453145 »

Lunagel wrote:So it popped into my head today, we have the three Riders, Ghost Ore, Specter and Necrom. I think there are hints in their names to tell us more about their states. Now Ghost's is obvious. He's a true ghost, he's dead and almost buried. On the other hand, Specter isn't a true ghost, he has a body and is just a disembodied spirit - a specter. Then Necrom's name becomes more obvious. Alain is for all intents and purposes dead, but he has been brought back in a material body - necromancy.

If we assume that Alain is just a necromized spirit, then it becomes a little clearer about the Ganma themselves. They're in the capsules because they too are dead, but it was teh Emperor's prayers that kept them alive in an Eyecon form, a form of necromancy if you think about it.
And their suits also tell that story, Ghost has bones obviusly because he's a ghost, but Specter has vital signs meaning that he can be alive but he isn't. I remember a theory that said that Makoto was in a coma in terminal situation so he was going to use the wish to come back, at this point seems very near.
resop2 wrote:I think that Takeru used the Rube Goldberg way of fighting the airplane Gamma because even though Takeru can fly as a Ghost and Houdini can also fly the airplane Gamma can fly much faster.
Takeru can't fly, he can levitate so it's understandable, but Houdini can be used as a jetpack and as flying skate with the power of disappearing (which his actor has been doing recently), so there's no excuse for that. Even if he can reach him faster it's just a giant jump, meaning that he can fail.
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

I actually found this episode quite disappointing. Alain has all of his plottings, which for some reason seems out of character with what he's saying and thinking when not around Takeru-tachi. with everything going on in this episode, it felt both rushed and too long all at the same tome, which is a really dangerous contradiction for any episode. I also don't like that they downplayed Alain's feelings for Kanon once it was time to act, even though they are blatently obvious at other times.

That does raise a few interesting questions, though. Do the Ganma even know what love is anymore? Do they breed, or are all of the suspended bodies literally the remains of that civilisation at the moment their world became infected? If that's the case, then there are theoretically child and even infant gamna, although I'm not sure how an infant or toddler would even function. Perhaps they were too frail to survive the change. If Ganma emotions and pre-eyecon memories have been forcibly repressed in their eyecon states, that would help to explain Alain's constant confusion over human relationships, emotions, and physical needs.

I have a feeling Takeru hasn't connected with Houdini yet, which is why he didn't use that power. The fact that some of the eyecons belonged to Makoto and may have a desire to help him could also have been a factor in the wish failing (judging from the prayer room, I'd guess that there's only enough power for one wish before a recharge is necessary, and any greedy wish is punished instead of granted, such as Javert's wish to kiss Alain). Still, After entering his Grapefruit form, I was hoping for him to pull out an Ichigo lockseed and just pommel the Ganma from a distance.

The pauldron kibble was a little frustrating, but I like how this Ganma was based on a biplane. It kind of reminds me of how Yongou/Alternate Skyrider's form was blended with that of a paratrooper. Such simple innovations are quite welcome over the generic hodgepdge MotWs we tend to see.

I also have to at least give the writers credit for finding ways of making Cubi an active part of the temple family as opposed to a tool or recurring cameo plot device. Granted, he doesn't get a tonne of airtime, but he has lines and a defined (albeit childlike) personality. It would be amazing to see him play an active role in stopping the red sky (I'm pretty certainn they're some form of nanites, judging from the product announcement from Igor's base). I've always loved when simple kaijin prove that looks don't denote alignment and side with humanity (who often prove to be the real monsters). It''s a lesson right out of Frankenstein, and from the lovable Moleman to the goofball loser Jealoushitto, I have yet to meet a renegade kaijin I didn't like. Cubi is no exception, and I love that he can hang out with Kanon in the park and draw without consequences.

But I'm still waiting to hear his opinion of Picasso or watch him trying to play Minecraft with its total lack of round things (hmm... Cubi Plays Minecraft/Creativerse/Etc. could potentially be a blockbuster Youtube sensation!).
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
Rifaz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Rifaz »

The episode was rather boring for me, the reintroduction of Kamen Rider series was the only interesting part.
"There was a ticking time bomb strapped to her chest... That's why she has a dynamite body!!" - Amakusa Shino
Gao

Post by 453145 »

nanamarfo wrote:
Yaiba wrote:I just realised. It's 25 episodes and we still haven't got an ending/fighting/character song for this series.
I have been thinking about it since episode 15. Don't get wrong, I like the instrumental pieces that play, but I need songs by RIDER CHIPS, Kamen Rider Girls, something.
I've been searching and it seems there's no plan for an insert song. I think Toei is putting the money in other things, such as Amazons, Legendary eyecons, Sentai anniversary stuff, etc. But who knows, sometimes Toei has an ace in the hole. Personally I don't know if they are going to use Kamen Rider Girls for a song, three of them have graduated so maybe they are going to change the people who write the songs to match with the current voices incluiding a new KR girl, even the girls won't use a belt anymore so expect really big changes in Kamen Rider Girls.

As for RIDER CHIPS it's difficult to say sine they haven't done a song for a series since Wizard.
Spoiler
KR news: RIDER CHIPS is going to perform Ichigou's movie theme song: Let's Go !! Rider Kick -2016
http://tokupinoy.blogspot.mx/2016/02/ka ... theme.html

Maybe an actor is going to sing it, the last years the actors has been singing the song, remember that they used Unlimited Drive for 2 episodes and then they started using Spinning Wheel for the rest of the series.
Luq_Kun
Favorite series: Ghost
2nd Favorite Series: OOO and Double
Dreamy: Moune (Gosei Yellow)
Favorite Actor?: Masahiro Inoue
Favorite Band: Kana Boon
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Final Fantasy XV
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Luq_Kun »

Lunagel wrote: Seriously, out of the 20 episodes he's been in (debuted ep 5), a good chunk of them he was brainwashed (and hence actor did not appear) and now he's dead (hence actor appears in capsule for like 5 seconds). Is his schedule full or something?
You know, life's tough if you're Makoto and have multiple girl friends. Jk :roll: :wink:
bluegreen wrote:
ViRGE wrote: However I think Takeru wins the idiot of the week award. There's a red gas in the sky, and he always picks the least practical way of reaching it? Need a sample, send the cranky ghost. Need to reach the enemy? Launch yourself with several different luminaries? The one thing he didn't do? Use the damn eyecon with the power of flight! :P
Or, you know, remember he's a ghost and can fly all by himself. That would have been even simpler. He's flying all over the place in the opening every week.
Typical Toei with the typical budget cuts.. they kinda turned a blind eye in Jyuohger Ep 7 when Takeru first joined in the fight. We haven't seen him hover like that with the hoodie intact since the Surprise Future movie

Gotta love the intro.. you know it gets badass once the Kamen Rider opening starts playing. The re intro of past Kamen Riders was a nice change of pace (Happy 45th Anniversary!)

Alright, now that that's out of the way... we can start the episode. Pretty decent really, nothing spectacular; but some interesting things came around. The airplane ganma could've lasted until the next episode, but its okay. I didn't that Deep Connect company was still relevant, looks pretty unnecessary to me. Like how Cubi still has importance and doesn't stick to one-liners (looking at you, Kanon.. Shibuya)

Alain saying bakana 55 times? He must really be hesitant. And the fact that the wish couldn't be granted even if all the eyecons were there was interesting; i wonder why...

I like how Takeru summons three luminaries to give the extra boost to defeat the airplane ganma (Tutankhamun's wtf?)
Last edited by Phoenix512 on Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Don't need to triple post if you are the current last post
Currently watching:
Ghost, Jyuohger, Hibiki

Finished series:
Kuuga, Kabuto, Decade, Double, OOO, Gaim, Blade
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

Well...apparently I can't un-hear "GRAPEFRUIT" from 24.1 :lol: :lol:

Takeru never got Yurusen the takoyaki in this episode, that's awfully rude
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

It's pretty lame that Makoto is never around, considering he and Alain are the more interesting Riders on this show. Takeru kinda lost what personality he had awhile back, along with his agency.

I'm really on the fence about this show. It's been spinning its wheels for months now by having literally everyone show a complete lack of interest or intelligence, kinda similar to how nobody on Wizard ever bothered investigating or following-up on leads. And the genre-shift has been intense, going from a mystical semi-fantasy series about spirits to a science fiction about interdimensional fascists. What the hell, Ghost?

Oh, and Takeru is not at all dead. His body is almost certainly in the coffin right next to Makoto's coffin. They specifically lampshaded it in the first episode by having his body disappear when he was struck down, really, but we had no context for what that meant until much later.
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

Wonder if the big deal over the 45th anniversary is because Ultraman's having it's 50th? Honestly, I don't see any other reason that it isn't waiting another 5 years. Anyway, it seems that Kanon can indeed be rather useless even when Makoto isn't around. I don't know if anyone else has already said this, but it feels like Kanon was simply there because Makoto needed a motivation and it was only an afterthought that she'd be a recurring character after that arc ended (I mean, they ship her with Alain, but that's really about it). Other than that, though, it was a pretty good episode. I didn't expect Javert to still be alive, and the climax has to be one of the most over-the-top rider kick sequences of the show (although I think they missed a huge opportunity to have his father damashii Boost him the rest of the way to the ganma).
College is heading into finals, so if I disappear for like a month that'll be why.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,

Return to “Kamen Rider Ghost”