Kaigan KR Ghost 26

G-g-ghosts?!
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Ghost Wiki Link

< Drive | Ghost | Ex-Aid >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:08 am

☆☆☆☆☆
54%
☆☆☆☆
38%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
No votes
8%

Total votes: 13
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kaigan KR Ghost 26

Post by takenoko »

<Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Last week's poll rating: 3.8 (10 votes)
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Kaigan KR Ghost 26

Post by Lunagel »

Explanations! Sort of. Kinda. Ish. Well... vaguely less confusing. Or more confusing, cause they brought up new points.

I'm sorry, I signed on to translate a KR show, not a science show! I honestly had to look up some information on synapses just to make sure I wasn't getting the info wrong.

Man, the eyecons have like nothing to do with this show anymore.
Zychotic
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Inoue Masahiro
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Zychotic »

In today's episode, Alain learns the true meaning of friendship.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Yet another Makoto-free episode. Man, I'd like to be on vacation for as long as he apparently is.:P

Meanwhile, one thing throws me off: Igor seems surprised when Alain uses a luminary eyecon. But he's used those before, particularly when he had the Necrom eyecon hijack Specter. So I'm not sure what the surprise is.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

Alain cannot use a luminary eyecon ever since he got a physical body.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Yaiba wrote:Alain cannot use a luminary eyecon ever since he got a physical body.
Ah. Huh. Somehow I missed that. Now things make more sense, at least.
nanamarfo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Yuki Jojima
Favorite Band: RIDER CHIPS
Quote: "My life is burning bright!" -Takeru Tenkuji

Post by nanamarfo »

Lunagel wrote:I honestly had to look up some information on synapses just to make sure I wasn't getting the info wrong.
How did you not know that? I'm 14 and I know what they are.
NOMarfo
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

nanamarfo wrote:
Lunagel wrote:I honestly had to look up some information on synapses just to make sure I wasn't getting the info wrong.
How did you not know that? I'm 14 and I know what they are.
I know in general what synapses are but it's been a long time since high school for me, so I wanted to check to make sure. You tend to forget some general knowledge when you don't use it. It's easier to remember something when you know you'll need to know it.
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

I have to say, this was by far the best episode for me since Takeru got his Grateful form (which somehow feels a lot longer ago than it actually was). There was a whole lot here that I think they outright nailed: the explanation on the giant eyecon (from two simultaneous conversations), Alain's conversation with the takoyaki lady, and the ending point were all very well done in my opinion. That said, I also hope they don't show the same 10 second clip every time Takeru transforms into Grapefruit (it was really cool the first time, but the same 10 seconds every Dai Henge may be a bit much).

Next episode & movie promo:
Spoiler
Next episode looks like pure epic. Makoto's return, Takeru getting angry (not always a good thing, but good every once in a while), another mysterious eyecon and Adel getting an evil clone thing is more than enough to hook me.
The Ichigo movie also looks great, but I'm curious: did they actually give away in the opening credits that Hongou Takashi dies? (If the answer involves endings of other KR media, other spoiler tags would be greatly appreciated.)
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

The unanswered question is which brother is in the Grimm eyecon? Both of them? I guess at least whichever one Heath Ledger played, anyway.

But really, what's most interesting to me is what's up with Gramps/Edith. Are they the same person? All signs point to yes, but stupider things have happened. Is his helping Ghost part of his trying to make up for destroying the Ganma world by granting the Emperor's wish with the prayer room? The Ganma are pretty dense thus far to not wonder why Ghost has the same driver as Spectre, but I would hope someone would pick up on it and go after Edith for answers, blowing his cover wide open.

And if nobody on this show is actually dead, what the hell is Yurusen?
Rifaz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Rifaz »

Always liked the interaction between Granny and Alain.

Pity Boost Houdini doesn't show up long enough.
"There was a ticking time bomb strapped to her chest... That's why she has a dynamite body!!" - Amakusa Shino
CrazyBlaze
Infinity
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: TOKU!
Quote: Finished: Sentai: Dairanger, Kakuranger, Abaranger, Dekaranger. Magiranger, Bokuenger, Go-onger, Shinkenger, Gokaiger, Go-Busters, Kyrouranger

Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Agito, Faiz, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim

Watching: Gekiranger, ToQer, Drive

Post by CrazyBlaze »

dancercotillion wrote:The unanswered question is which brother is in the Grimm eyecon? Both of them? I guess at least whichever one Heath Ledger played, anyway.

I think its both of them. If I am remembering correctly when Grimm was first used there were two figures there.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

Looks like the final fight is near... we will have to wait until 27 but it was a good episode focused on Alain.

I don't think that everything will end if Adel is defeated specially now when that fire figure appeared at the yugioh chamber and also the emperor's best friend knows too much and we don't really know what are his goals.
Last edited by Kurow on Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Final Vent!
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele

Post by Ashki »

I think Alain's use of Grimm surprised Igor not just because he had his body. Previously, his henshin was always first to Necrom, but it also seems as though Grim was being forcibly used prior to this. In other words, the bulky Necrom driver's purpose may be to artificially pull power from the eyecons (hence the necromancy link previously theorised), and now that Alain''s connected with Grim, he can surpass the driver's original purpose and fully use the eyecons. In some ways, it's a lot like... like... um, wasn't there another Rider in this show? :lol:

Pet peeve of the day: Takeru knowing about the antivirus. Sure, she could have told him and we just didn't notice, but it still bugs me when characters mysteriously know information they weren't privvy to.

I also like the fact that there was a full wing of airplane Ganma. It adds to the WWI feel they give off. It was also a LOT better done than those stupid Santa brothers from Kyuuryuuger.

When the Emperor said to "take care of Edel", it left an interesting double meaning. Considering the still vague power of the prayer room, this double meaning could actually be a triple meaning, of which all three may be correct at the same time. I can't wait to find out...

Spoiler
I think the movie is alluding to pre-DCD continuity. Keep in mind that according to the Decade continuity, the Heisei Era series (Kuuga as well, since it was obviously an alternate timeline) were all unique worlds which may or may not have been the same realities as the shows. Thus, we can assume that all of the Showa appearances beginning with DCD were another result of this multiverse merger. That being said, the Ichigou in the movie may well be the REAL Ichigou from the current reality. If so, then they likely believe he died from old age or mechanical failure, hence the confusion that he's still alive. If he does die again, then they can still bring Ichigou back for specials in his non-bulky form. It could also be that the actor is retiring from KR so they want to reflect that with a memorable and symbolic sendoff and future appearances of Ichigou will have either a different actor or always be in Rider form.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

I bet they made fun of Akari when she bought that poster on how synapses in the brain work. Joke's on them, it turned out to be useful after all. :lol:
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger

Return to “Kamen Rider Ghost”