Kaigan KR Ghost 28

G-g-ghosts?!
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Ghost Wiki Link

< Drive | Ghost | Ex-Aid >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun May 08, 2016 1:27 am

☆☆☆☆☆
36%
☆☆☆☆
36%
☆☆☆
14%
☆☆
7%
7%

Total votes: 14
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kaigan KR Ghost 28

Post by takenoko »

<Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Last week's poll rating: 4 (9 votes)

Two 1's last week. Not a fan of that one, I presume?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Kaigan KR Ghost 28

Post by Lunagel »

Heyyyyyyy Kanon finally got some dialogue! Less than Cubi though, which is sad. Although we've gotten rid of Cubi for the foreseeable future so maybe she'll have some more lines?

Seriously though, Kanon's character irritates the hell out of me. She's not given any sort of character or story arc, she is merely the girl the Makoto exists to protect. It's downright insulting when you have Akari, who is competent and outspoken.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

What the hell was Igor wasting time doing?! Were this random slump thing and the Music Ganma exist just to get rid of Cubi?

The scenes involving Alain is cool, and Javert saving Onari is cool, but other than that I don't know what this episode is suppose to be.

Which is sad because it is the debut of Deep Specter.

Speaking of that, what happened to "this Eyecon is powerful and very hard to master" ? Makoto didn't even made an effort or have any difficulties. Maybe it will have a long-term affect or something.

Damn, it is windy on that hill. Everyone's hair is a mess.
RoxasXIII
Infinity

Post by RoxasXIII »

just wondering

is it "dive too deep" or "dive to deep"?

probably just me but the second one sounds more make sense to me
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

This was one of those episodes that i feel should have been split into two. Just the events with Cubi, the Note Ganma and the rest of the crew going up against Igor could have taken up most of an episode, and not in a way that's filler. Having them fight and win thanks to (the now tsundere) Javert was fun. And Akari getting to smack him around was a long time coming. He's been setup as her personal foe, and I'm genuinely interested in seeing if this arc pays off, or if it was just something to keep the supporting characters occupied while the Riders were off being awesome.

Though this also means that Cubi has now become Chekhov's Ganma. Now you just know he's going to show up at exactly the right time to save Takeru's bacon.

Meanwhile the Riders were the less interesting part of the story, if ever so slightly. Alain having a BSOD makes sense, and I'll put up with it simply to see Makoto punch the reset button. It's a heavily used (if not slightly abused) trope, but I do admit that watching someone get punched in the face has a certain degree of satisfaction.

But they rushed into the Ganmaizer and Deep Specter. I still have no idea what either one of those are; they were all fight and no story. Plus I'm thinking that the Deep Specter eyecon looking so insidious is a bad omen; it looks a lot like the logo on the ganma belts.

Final note: for the longest time I assumed Gramps and Commander Edith were meant to be the same character, especially after last week. However with the events of this week, I am starting to think that they are separate characters, or at least Edith is more than just Gramps merely putting on a show. Gramps seemed legitimately surprised by the Ganmaizers, while Edith had already been spying on everyone over in the Ganma world.
Lunagel wrote:Seriously though, Kanon's character irritates the hell out of me. She's not given any sort of character or story arc, she is merely the girl the Makoto exists to protect. It's downright insulting when you have Akari, who is competent and outspoken.
Agreed. And the fact that Akari is in the show really doesn't do Kanon's character any favors; the strength of Akari's character offers an incredibly strong point of contrast to how useless Kanon has been.
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

I want to like Kazuki... I mean, Kanon, but we really don't get to see her be much more than a plot device. Either she's (not) being Alain's girlfriend or she's wondering where her brother is (I swear, I feel like I'm talking about Amazons right now >_<;; ). Or maybe she really is just the silent type after spending half her life as an eyecon.

I'm really gonna miss Cubi. And just when I thought the Ganma cast would grow! I love how both of them mirror masters of their fine arts when "in a slump". That farewell painting with Onari's head was a great touch, though. Hopefully this isn't the last we'll see of them both.

As was mentioned in another comment, I agree the Riders didn't have a lot to do in this ep beside a little fighting and resolving the Alain/Mokoto friendship subplot. It was nice to see Beethoven again, although the fact that you also had a musicial Ganma story the same ep kinda pushed this into Tropeville. I honestly would have liked to see the Rider portion spread futher and more focus on the supporting cast. Not two separate episodes, mind you, but a two-part episode that still switched back and forth. For example, they could have shown us what happened to Alain's sister as he and Takeru (well, Takeru, mainly) fled. Instead it was "I'll handle this" and the scene ends.

On a side note, I finally finished Maskman (at this point, it remains my least favourite Super Sentai) and the only character I liked (Okilampa) escaped as many minor characters do in both KR and sentai. It made me wonder what happens to all these minor toku characters after their shows end. Will Cubi run into the imp from Megaranger (I forget his name) or a certain moleman who we haven't seen (beyond Amazons) in over 30 years? It would be really cool to see a special or movie about Cubi's journey.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
Fat D
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Fat D »

ViRGE wrote:Final note: for the longest time I assumed Gramps and Commander Edith were meant to be the same character, especially after last week. However with the events of this week, I am starting to think that they are separate characters, or at least Edith is more than just Gramps merely putting on a show. Gramps seemed legitimately surprised by the Ganmaizers, while Edith had already been spying on everyone over in the Ganma world.
Yup. Edith/Old Man just got more complicated, especially considering that last episode felt like a confirmation of them being the same guy.
And yes. Some background on the Ganmaizer would be appreciated. Are they related to the wish failing? How do they freeze Takeru?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Deep Spectre is cool. Javert saving the others was cool as well.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

wasn't really a fan of Deep Specter's form it felt mediocre to me since its design is similar to Toucan Boost.
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

RoxasXIII wrote:just wondering

is it "dive too deep" or "dive to deep"?

probably just me but the second one sounds more make sense to me
I think it is "dive too deep"--just like "in too deep"

Seriously, didn't Takeru see Edith? (And did Aria know that Edith might have an alter-ego, that's why she told Takeru to take care of Alain and move along? If so, how?)

It's sad to see that the debut episode of Deep Specter was used to drive away Cubi using some useless plot (to make music for Igor?? srsly?)
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I think that Kanon blinking her eyes at the two ganma has been her best moment so far.

As for Note and Cubi being in a toku minor characters with loose ends movie, how is this for a scene:

Cubi and Note walk at dusk through an abandoned industrial area.

Cubi looks up. "It's starting to rain."

"Indeed. That could damage your paper. Let's go under that bridge."

"O-kay."

When Cubi and Note arrive under the bridge they are met with a cold reception.

"Hey, you two. Did you just laugh at my friend?"

"No, no! I just want to paint beautiful pictures."

"I just want to compose beautiful music."

"But, we're in a slump!"

The dark figure laughs. "A slump? That must be wonderful to still have the belief that you can still create things if you just came out of your slump. Come, join me and my friend. We can find a lower level of hell together."

Cubi cocks his head. "I don't understand."
Rifaz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Rifaz »

I'd say... Deep Spectre is my least liked form, it's too... abstract? I don't know what's the right word.
"There was a ticking time bomb strapped to her chest... That's why she has a dynamite body!!" - Amakusa Shino
TaelonZ
7X
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Akibaranger
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by TaelonZ »

resop2 wrote:The dark figure laughs. "A slump? That must be wonderful to still have the belief that you can still create things if you just came out of your slump. Come, join me and my friend. We can find a lower level of hell together."

Cubi cocks his head. "I don't understand."
I feel that you just made a kick hopper reference. . . I'm not sure how I should react.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

So we finally have makoto back (again) and the yugioh chamber is getting weird again...

Igor, Adel and Edith all still around and the only difference is that makoto is back.
Final Vent!
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I am not a Super Sentai expert, but it seems to me that this season of Jyuohgers (as well this season of Kamen Rider Ghost) is very "ship heavy" (plots written to create unresolved sexual tension between the characters). Besides Sela/Leo and Amu/Tusk in Jyuohgers we have Jevel/Onari and Makoto/Alian in Ghost. Is this a new thing or has it been going on for a while?

Return to “Kamen Rider Ghost”