Kaigan KR Ghost 30

G-g-ghosts?!
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Ghost Wiki Link

< Drive | Ghost | Ex-Aid >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun May 22, 2016 12:28 am

☆☆☆☆☆
77%
☆☆☆☆
9%
☆☆☆
9%
☆☆
No votes
5%

Total votes: 22
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kaigan KR Ghost 30

Post by takenoko »

<Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Last week's poll rating: 4.23 (13 votes)
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Kaigan KR Ghost 30

Post by Lunagel »

Huh, I guess they really did kill off Fumi-baa. I appreciate that they took time to flesh her out and make her a likeable character before they dropped it on us, makes her death all the more potent. You could see it really shook up Alain.

I really love the Shiritori stuff at the end. Alain you so silly XD
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

They killed off the only likable character in the series (minus Yurusen). Guess I can quit watching Ghost now.

Also, the way Alain walked in while eating takos. What. The. Heck?!
RyuShinEX
Go Go!

Post by RyuShinEX »

It means shit will get more serious now after fumi-baa's death
XenWrider
I am the new #2
I am the new #2
Favorite series: Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim

Post by XenWrider »

zeta_gundam wrote:Also, the way Alain walked in while eating takos. What. The. Heck?!
Was a pretty good scene. At first I thought Alain got the box of Takoyaki, that Fumi-baa dropped, on the ground...but at the end he had gotten another fresh box...
Wonder where he is getting his fix of free Takoyaki since he literally has no money and has been given free meals by her kindness.

Surprise to be seeing the Base Form of spectre and ghost being used more often this late into the series, when theres Toucon Boost and Deep Spectre, which we haven't seen any possible side effects of it yet.
Eternal_Winterbane
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Busters
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Eternal_Winterbane »

My thought process before and during the fight scene, "Yes Alain is in the zone" "Epic slow entry walk" "He's in Civ clothing! and carrying a box of Takoyaki!" "Epic unmorphed fight while eating the Takoyaki" "aww support no more epic...no wait MORE EPICNESS" and so on.

Out of all the supporting cast we've had over recent Rider and Sentai Years I can't remember any that had a bigger impact on the world than Fumi-baa did, I mean look at the amount of people that showed up to send her off, that plus all the fleshing out the writing team has done with her made this two parter a feel fest. It made me realise that the underlying message Ghost has been trying to get through, the whole hearts connecting thing has fit the series and while most times (i.e the hug power) have been tough to get through times like this with Fumi-baa, Yuki's father and Alain understanding what a human heart is were really really good and felt like that message fits.

Also was anyone else surprised that the writers remembered that in Ghost's appearances in movies and in Drive he could levitate like that? plus while I really like the MV for the Opening song (plus the song itself) I felt like it lacked the impact that Gaim or Drive gave, but that's just me

In the end I have only one negative thing to say, Houdini was wasted on this two parter, it's like someone just wanted to have confetti explode out of no where and Yuki draped in Chains (making me expect Chain Shadow to show up humming his tune)
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Eternal_Winterbane wrote:Also was anyone else surprised that the writers remembered that in Ghost's appearances in movies and in Drive he could levitate like that?
I forget who was in charge of the Drive episode, but in either case, it's more the director than the writers. Ghost's episodes 29 and 30 just happened to have Koichi Sakamoto on them, and well, wirework abuse~~.
Sefiros
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Dreamy: Coto Pablo
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Sorbo
Favorite Band: Various
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Henshin
Quote: "Life must be experienced, not taught."

Post by Sefiros »

Kamen Riders have always used a belt to transform. If Alain's item of transformation is a bracelet, is he truly entitled to be a Kamen Rider?
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

I'm starting to not like / feel apathetic towards Ghost (apart from Fumi-baa's death :( ). I don't like the fact that it is starting to feel more like Fourze in ways it shouldn't have. This is not a high school drama!

Oh and the three Riders' clothes match the colors of their base forms now (Ghost: Orange-Black, Specter: Blue-Black, Necrom: Green-White).
XenWrider wrote:Wonder where he is getting his fix of free Takoyaki since he literally has no money and has been given free meals by her kindness..
Most likely scenario was that he cooked it himself. We'll never know though...
Sefiros wrote:Kamen Riders have always used a belt to transform. If Alain's item of transformation is a bracelet, is he truly entitled to be a Kamen Rider?
What a ridiculous allegation.
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Sefiros wrote:Kamen Riders have always used a belt to transform. If Alain's item of transformation is a bracelet, is he truly entitled to be a Kamen Rider?
Amazon would like to have a word with you
Sefiros
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Sefiros »

Ok you got me. Sorry.
Rifaz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Rifaz »

Necrom really needs power up badly, heck he even rarely get to use Sanzo or Grimm anymore.

But still, that takoyaki-eating-while-wearing-casual-clothes is easily his best scene.
"There was a ticking time bomb strapped to her chest... That's why she has a dynamite body!!" - Amakusa Shino
nanamarfo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Yuki Jojima
Favorite Band: RIDER CHIPS
Quote: "My life is burning bright!" -Takeru Tenkuji

Post by nanamarfo »

Nice episode.

Takeru is seeing memories. Was he meant to die to gain this ability? I think his arc is next.

Alan's arc is finaly over! It was a good arc overall but it dragged at times.

Kanon is going to get a role boost. Not I that hate her, she's more for backstory than anything, but she is one-dimensional.

Overall, the series is my 3rd favourite,behind Kabuto and Gaim so far.
NOMarfo
Sefiros
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Sefiros »

At the very least Necrom deserves a bike of his own. Plus a super form.
Shipuujin
Infinity
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by Shipuujin »

Take a shot whenever someone says "kokoro"!

Really great episode and fantastic conclusion to this arc. Still very sad that Fumi-baa is gone, but damn, she influenced so many lives!
Loved the fight with the Ganmaizer. Alain has grown so much since the beginning of this series and it's great that he such an amazing story arc. Also like how his slogan is now "Listen to your heart!" It's small touches like that that show how fleshed out a character is.

Really wondering where the Takoyaki is coming from. I wonder if someone took over Fumi-baa's stand or if Alain is just walking up and "stealing" some takoyaki. It's a small thing, but I really hope they explain that.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ghost”