Kaigan KR Ghost 31

G-g-ghosts?!
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Ghost Wiki Link

< Drive | Ghost | Ex-Aid >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:01 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
20%
☆☆☆☆
50%
☆☆☆
20%
☆☆
No votes
10%

Total votes: 10
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Re: Kaigan KR Ghost 31

Post by Mandalori »

Takaharu? Takeru you mean?
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

When I first saw Takaiwa Seiji, I was like "what the hell?" He's the main suit actor for Ghost. That's too much double duty he has to do along with switching outfits to play another character. Oh well, if this is just a little short appearance then that's cool because he deserves to show some acting chops. This show is getting serious now that we are into the 30's range of episodes. Also forgot that Takeru's dad is crucial to the main plot of the show. Lol.
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

chronoxiong wrote:When I first saw Takaiwa Seiji, I was like "what the hell?" He's the main suit actor for Ghost. That's too much double duty he has to do along with switching outfits to play another character. Oh well, if this is just a little short appearance then that's cool because he deserves to show some acting chops.
Switching outfits is unlikely. They likely filmed every shot in his Ganma outfit back-to-back, then he jumped into the Ghost costume and did all that stuff.
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
Rifaz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Rifaz »

Turning people to children, that seems very... sentai-ish.
"There was a ticking time bomb strapped to her chest... That's why she has a dynamite body!!" - Amakusa Shino
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I wonder if Kamen Rider shows can be categorized into different types? For example:

Type 1: Monsters have been created by a human organization. A human is given power similar to the monsters by the organization and is given the abilty to harness the power and transform into a hero.

Subtypes: The Organization can be
A) pure evil
B) good but in over their heads
C) good with corrupt elements
D) bad with some elements having a change of heart.

Type 2: Monsters have appeared that are controlled by a supernatural bad guy or group. The hero receives power to transform into a powered up form to fight the monsters by a rival supernatural person or group.

Subtypes: The monsters can be:

A) created by the bad guy
B) monsters of earth's nature
C) beings from somewhere else

For both types, there can be a further subtype: the hero's psyche can either be

i) compromised by the transformation
ii) unaffected by the transformation

Does this make any sense?
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

Rifaz wrote:Turning people to children, that seems very... sentai-ish.
Yeah; generally when something like that happens I assume the writers are running out of ideas for the Paranormal Investigation Group (or whoever) to look into.

I'm not sure if I misremembered some details from previous episodes, but I thought we knew that Ryuu was part of the group working on the monolith well before he showed up (I personally found Sennin's involvement far more surprising). I think this episode was trying to apologize for how little Shibuya (and Narita) actually did previously; I don't recall either one carrying a conversation before, or even speaking any more than one line to Takeru or Akari (let alone Alain or either Fukami), but now we have troubles, conversations, backstory and more backstory from Shibuya's backstory. The mysterious prince from Shibuya's mother's memories feels like he'll turn up at some point in future episodes, though, and I didn't see Professor Igarashi's return coming at all. Jairo was fantastic, but I wish he'd had his own armor to make him a bit more unique (I also hope he retains his power level, as opposed to getting progressively weaker like with most other characters). The episode had quite a few neat twists and turns, but in the end it felt a bit too much like a filler desperate to make up for the lack of character growth so far. Hopefully, though, after this two or three-parther Shibuya and Narita will be treated a bit more like human beings as opposed to plot points.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
kuroblack
Go Go!

Re: Kamen Rider Ghost 31

Post by kuroblack »

toni2212 wrote:
Go-On Macaroni wrote:I believe he's still Ghost's suit actor. I was thinking on that too but, Ghost's body didn't seem to change any (picture related) during the ending fight so, Ultima must be played by someone else. In the future, they'll most likely just never have Takeru transform while Jairo's in his civilian state.

It's gonna be tiring for Takaiwa though. Having to don the black costume for a commander and then having to change into suit acting for Ghost. I imagine they are trying to get a suitable replacement that can someday replace Takaiwa as the primary Rider's suit actor, since they are probably going to give another guy a shot of playing as the primary Rider.
I think Taikawa has been this busy since after Decade. Especially since they made many Kamen Rider x Kamen Rider story lines thereafter. When Drive met Ghost or Gaim met Drive, I've been wondering which one was Takaiwa. We just need more Mr Kamen Rider ... :mrgreen:

and last but not least ... ONORE, DIKEIDO! :lol:
Zychotic
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Inoue Masahiro
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Zychotic »

kuroblack wrote: It's gonna be tiring for Takaiwa though. Having to don the black costume for a commander and then having to change into suit acting for Ghost. I imagine they are trying to get a suitable replacement that can someday replace Takaiwa as the primary Rider's suit actor, since they are probably going to give another guy a shot of playing as the primary Rider.
I think Taikawa has been this busy since after Decade. Especially since they made many Kamen Rider x Kamen Rider story lines thereafter. When Drive met Ghost or Gaim met Drive, I've been wondering which one was Takaiwa. We just need more Mr Kamen Rider ... :mrgreen:

and last but not least ... ONORE, DIKEIDO! :lol:[/quote]

I believe Takaiwa always does the current rider and they get either Eitoku or Watanabe Jun to play the previous rider (usually because the secondary rider hasn't been introduced at that point).

They previously had a suit actor play one of the riders (back in Hibiki where Ito Makoto played the character who was Kamen Rider Danki, but he was the suit actor for Hibiki).

Anyway, Takaiwa is used to constantly changing outfits. Neo-Heisei riders just love having multiple forms which is why the suits now are usually just some attachment to the main suit (the coats for Ghost). Saves the suit actors having to change the full suit every time (hence why Decade must have been a lot of work for Takaiwa).
Gao
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO

Post by 453145 »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:EDIT:
toni2212 wrote:For real, Ghost is starting to show a lot of irregularity nowadays. Not to mention of how Alan got to the bad guys place faster on foot than Takeru and Makoto who's riding a bike. And Alan seems to stop at a mysterious place to get some takoyaki first.
That's just toku logic, stuff you just have to roll with. They're not gonna just stop everything and explain things like that.
I don't think it can be just answered by just toku logic, personally I think we need an explanation for that, but there are also other questions to answer, for example, where the hell have Makoto, Kanon, Alain and Javert been living? It could be easy to answer with "in the temple, obviously", but I'm referring when they were the enemies, for a show that focused too much in how the human body needs food and a place to live in order to survive, they never said how they've been surviving.

In past rider shows the explanation for this was mostly living in the comic relief/people involved in a mistery's house, where they had a job to pay food, gas, etc. I think a good explanation would be that Fumi-baa offered her house to Alain, and that's where he has been living, but I think a simple explanation like this one will never appear, speaking of, where did Javert go? It seems that he only appears when is needed, maybe the next time we'll see him will be fighting Jairo.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ghost”