Kaigan KR Ghost 31

G-g-ghosts?!
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Ghost Wiki Link

< Drive | Ghost | Ex-Aid >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:01 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
20%
☆☆☆☆
50%
☆☆☆
20%
☆☆
No votes
10%

Total votes: 10
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Kaigan KR Ghost 31

Post by Lunagel »

<Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Last week's poll rating: 4.57 (21 votes)

Looks like Fumi-baa's death had a big impact on most viewers. Let's see how well Shibuya's family drama holds up.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Re: Kamen Rider Ghost 31

Post by Yaiba »

We are going back to the main story. Seriously, I've totally forgotten that Takeru's dad was in the show.

The Ganma royal family is so boring. Their commanders are much more interesting villains. Javert, Igor... and Jairo already looks promising. (and not because he's Takaiwa Seiji)

Ganma naming conventions: Royal Family starts with "A" (Adonis, Adel, Alan, Alia), the fighting commanders start with "J" (Javert, Jairo). I bet if Igor ever got a replaced his name will start with "I".
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

In Latin Jehovah begins with an I!
nbajammer
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Wizard
Dreamy: Miu Sutou
Favorite Band: AKB48
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Tokusatsu

Post by nbajammer »

Just downloaded the 720 off the tracker - audio is out of sync from the start. Not sure if this is the right place to post this.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

We know about the problem and a replacement will be up shortly. The lack of splash is the reason why for missync.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

I bet it's gonna be a hell of work for Takaiwa Seiji now. Him acting as a commander and a suit actor will probably make him tired of how to coordinate Jairo and Ghost's fighting essence. Is he still Ghost's suit actor or has somebody else replaced him?

Now can someone ask Alan where did he get his takoyaki supplies after Fumi-baa's death during last episode? Seeing as that takoyaki stand seem to be gone...
For real, Ghost is starting to show a lot of irregularity nowadays. Not to mention of how Alan got to the bad guys place faster on foot than Takeru and Makoto who's riding a bike. And Alan seems to stop at a mysterious place to get some takoyaki first.

On a side note, glad to see the opening has changed to show Alan's allegiance now (and his new attire)
Last edited by toni2212 on Thu May 19, 2016 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

I believe he's still Ghost's suit actor. I was thinking on that too but, Ghost's body didn't seem to change any (picture related) during the ending fight so, Ultima must be played by someone else. In the future, they'll most likely just never have Takeru transform while Jairo's in his civilian state.

toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:I believe he's still Ghost's suit actor. I was thinking on that too but, Ghost's body didn't seem to change any (picture related) during the ending fight so, Ultima must be played by someone else. In the future, they'll most likely just never have Takeru transform while Jairo's in his civilian state.

It's gonna be tiring for Takaiwa though. Having to don the black costume for a commander and then having to change into suit acting for Ghost. I imagine they are trying to get a suitable replacement that can someday replace Takaiwa as the primary Rider's suit actor, since they are probably going to give another guy a shot of playing as the primary Rider.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Tiring sure, but eh, he's most likely been through worse.
(On top of this, he played an out of suit character during the sequel the following year)

EDIT:
toni2212 wrote:For real, Ghost is starting to show a lot of irregularity nowadays. Not to mention of how Alan got to the bad guys place faster on foot than Takeru and Makoto who's riding a bike. And Alan seems to stop at a mysterious place to get some takoyaki first.
That's just toku logic, stuff you just have to roll with. They're not gonna just stop everything and explain things like that.
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

Lunagel wrote:In Latin Jehovah begins with an I!
I see what you did there. >.>

I can't take alain seriously looking like some 80's reject with that lime green sweater.... :mrgreen:
Zychotic
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Inoue Masahiro
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Zychotic »

Takaiwa Seiji, yes, awesome. I assume this is going to be a short lived role as the suit actors usually make 1 or 2 out of suit cameos here and there. If they keep him for longer, that would be awesome. Now I just want to see his character fight without transforming into Ultima.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Seji did the acting for one the extra heroes on B Fighter Kabuto if I recall, so he has the acting chops. Nice to see him. Kind of strange choice though with him, you know being Ghost.

I assume they'll just use a stand in or the back up suit guys for any shots that require both of them to be in the same shot.
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Re: Kaigan KR Ghost 31

Post by mholden020 »

Digging through the usual outlets, it seems like Jairo's Ultima suit actor is Masashi Takada. Makes sense, since he was Toq2 and Starninger, but was missing from the list for Zyuohger. As for the Ghost role, Takaiwa has typically been whatever the current rider was at the time, with Jun Watanabe playing another primary rider if needed. Watanabe is Specter, and Eitoku is Necrom, so as long as one of those two are not on screen, a Jairo/Ghost scene would't be that farfetched of an idea. There was one episode of W where the suit was suddenly a lot...fuller...and only for a few seconds, so it wouldn't be the first time.

The episode...weird. It feels like the mid-point of many story arcs happening at the same time and they're going to start converging soon. Maybe my memory has failed me, but I don't know what the big white rectangle things are, or what the Adel copies are doing. Not to mention that they seem to have completely glossed over the fact that one of the Llamas looks just like Sennin. The episodes since Takeru first got the 15 eyecons have given us a lot of stuff that has gone unanswered or unsolved, and I'm starting to worry that the final arcs will be such a barrage of stuff that it winds up being confusing.
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
gumbyx84
Favorite series: Go-Onger
Favorite Actor?: Mikoto Amano
Alignment: Neutral

Post by gumbyx84 »

The episode was pretty interesting. A little boring though. I understand they wanted to space out the story a bit and introduce a new character, but it felt like they could have combined it with the next episode if they cut out some of the fluff. Won't know until the next episode.

A heads up: At 5:49 there is an error in the text. It reads "This are the gates". Should read "These are the gates".
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

So that's what Takaiwa Seiji looks like. It's always cool to get the suit actors on screen in the flesh.:)

Anyhow, a solid episode overall - even with Takaharu stealing all the eyecons again. But I do agree that they've left the main plot threads alone for just a little too long, making it a bit of a disorienting episode.

Spoiler
Since we didn't see Ghost's ultimate form in the teaser for the next episode, this must be a 3-parter, as the ultimate forms always appear between episodes 31 and 33.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ghost”