Kaigan KR Ghost 33

G-g-ghosts?!
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Ghost Wiki Link

< Drive | Ghost | Ex-Aid >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:40 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
35%
☆☆☆☆
18%
☆☆☆
29%
☆☆
6%
12%

Total votes: 17
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Re: Kaigan KR Ghost 33

Post by Mxylv »

This episode would have probably been one of the best in the series if it were done a bit differently (perhaps as a two-parter). It had a very strong beginning, and it was wonderful seeing the entire team unified and acting fairly mature as opposed to arguing, but what kept pulling me away from the drama was that whenever Akari, Onari and his apprentices, the Makotos and Alain were all together they acted exactly the same. There was virtually no individuality to the characters, as each character cried, hoped, and even got over their sadness at the same times; unfortunately, this subtracted from the experience quite a bit. I also think they should have kept Takeru dead for a bit longer (if they can make everyone getting younger a two-parter, they really should be able to do that with a major character's death/revival). Truly fantastic premise, but perhaps it would've gone better with another director.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

ViRGE wrote:
BIGH1001 wrote:Oh, and ghost is currently tied with gaim for powered up forms.
I suspect that's the new normal. More opportunities to sell toys. Along with the whole Team Kamen Rider aspect where by the middle of the season it's a 3-man team.
W had FangJoker, OOOs had two final forms, Fourze just had one powered up, Wizard had the Dragon Power Ups, Drive had Dead Heat and Forumla as his mid season powerups before Tridoron. So Boost, Grateful, and Mugen don't surprise me at all.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Kuchiri wrote:W had FangJoker, OOOs had two final forms, Fourze just had one powered up, Wizard had the Dragon Power Ups, Drive had Dead Heat and Forumla as his mid season powerups before Tridoron. So Boost, Grateful, and Mugen don't surprise me at all.
It wasn't quite so mechanical as in the past couple of years though. Once Drive and Ghost got newer forms, they basically used the new form all the time, often as a base form (Ghost Boost).

Fang, by comparison, was a special case form that was only pulled out a couple of times, OOO's final forms were rarely used for a number of reasons, etc.

Power creep in KR is a lot more straightforward these days.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

They still had upgrades that were stronger than their main gimmick before their final upgrades.
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

Zychotic wrote:
njb wrote:2. How did Makoto get to use Specter? I don't remember his eyecon re-forming
Makoto and Alain are different to Takeru, neither of them were dead, instead they took an eyecon form to use in the human world. When that was destroyed, they then just used their normal bodies.
I was just wondering how the Specter eyecon became whole again such that Makoto could use it after he went back to his normal body.
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

njb wrote:6. KR Ghost + Inside Out collaboration FTW
That's shown up a few times throughout the season. As far as I know, there is no standalone "m" sound in Japanese, so the English sounds of "ga-m-ma" can't work, the closest being "ga-n-ma". That's what I'm assuming is going on with that.

In episode 1, Yurusen said something like, "You're already dead, you can't die again!" What a lying sack of s**t. Still my favorite character though. 8)

I gave it five stars because I was engaged with the story and could empathize with the Takeru Support Crew. Still..it was a bit strange, possibly rushed. Both Shibuya and Narita appeared to be smiling/laughing at the same time another character was crying, which took away from the mood. Normally I'd agree with the statements that this should have been two parts, they have got so much going on that stuff has got to start happening to get the end of the season going. Dragging this out could have been a huge waste of time, since the only purpose for this story was to produce the new Mugen form.
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

njb wrote: I was just wondering how the Specter eyecon became whole again such that Makoto could use it after he went back to his normal body.
Huh? The Specter eyecon was never un-whole to begin with.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I think you guys are thinking that Specter's eyecon was the one that was destroyed when Makato sacrificed himself to save Alain but it wasn't. It was the eyecon that Makato transfer himself into like Alain did.
Fat D
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Fat D »

The Specter transformation Eyecon is a Ghost Eyecon. The eyecon that held Makoto's consciousness was a Ganma Eyecon. This is different from Takeru, whose consciousness is stuck in a Ghost Eyecon (the Ore Eyecon), because he is dead.

Anyway, I never noticed in Drive, but last year, they pretty much pulled a Fourze Cosmic, the powerup reviving the rider. History rhymes, so Ghost takes a few cues from Wizard, and the Rider returns from the loss of his power source with a surge of emotion that gives him access to a new form. Plus the names even line up.
Also, a bit of Decade's final chapter was thrown in by bringing the hero back via the memories he made.
Weather
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite Actor?: Tomoyuki Dan
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Post by Weather »

......What was this episode for?!?!?!?!?!
nanamarfo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Yuki Jojima
Favorite Band: RIDER CHIPS
Quote: "My life is burning bright!" -Takeru Tenkuji

Post by nanamarfo »

Is it wrong that I am getting Kabuto vibes from Ghost?
NOMarfo
Rifaz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Rifaz »

This episode would have been good, had they not cheapening it by rushing it.
"There was a ticking time bomb strapped to her chest... That's why she has a dynamite body!!" - Amakusa Shino
Digifiend
Gabu

Post by Digifiend »

njb wrote:Someone forgot a front page post again...
It's up, but the image is broken. 403 Forbidden.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

So I'm totally sick of the death of the main rider followed by the revival and final form. When they did it in Fourze it was fresh. Now it's kind of lame, considering this is like the 3rd time Takeru has died in series.

And the fact that the final form wasn't even shown was lame. Especially since it appears to have the ability to destroy the Gamamizers which seems like an important plot device.
Fat D
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Fat D »

Catastrophe wrote:So I'm totally sick of the death of the main rider followed by the revival and final form. When they did it in Fourze it was fresh. Now it's kind of lame, considering this is like the 3rd time Takeru has died in series.

And the fact that the final form wasn't even shown was lame. Especially since it appears to have the ability to destroy the Gamamizers which seems like an important plot device.
And Fourze still did it best. Remember when Ryusei took on Aries by himself without any powers, only for Gentarou to return in the nick of time?

Return to “Kamen Rider Ghost”