Kaigan KR Ghost 35

G-g-ghosts?!
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Ghost Wiki Link

< Drive | Ghost | Ex-Aid >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:39 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
18%
☆☆☆☆
9%
☆☆☆
55%
☆☆
9%
9%

Total votes: 11
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kaigan KR Ghost 35

Post by takenoko »

<Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Last week's poll rating:n 4 (18 votes)
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Kaigan KR Ghost 35

Post by Lunagel »

Is that Helheim? I swear that's Helheim. I mean, there aren't any fruits but there are those weird swirly thingeys.

Not really sure why they all wore dresses other than comic relief. They didn't really do much with them. And Takeru doing his first real henshin while dressed as Little Red Riding Hood was ridiculous and not in the good way.

Are we ever going to get more answers as to why the Ganma were trying to take over Earth in the first place?
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

Lunagel wrote:Are we ever going to get more answers as to why the Ganma were trying to take over Earth in the first place?
It's most likely related to Igor's soul collecting mission. He treats them as a resource for some nefarious project.
Shurikenger108

Post by Shurikenger108 »

After this episode, focusing on the fun and joy, I think now Takeru will have to experience 7 human's emotion.
And, the Fire Ganmaizer in this episode is not the real one right, just some regular Ganma with the effect of Liquid Ganmaizer, cause Takeru destroyed it with (Gravity?) in episode 33. It will be a disappointment to me if the Ganmaizers are destroyed for good, because I really want to see all 15 luminaries fighting 15 Ganmaizers.
Eternal_Winterbane
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Busters
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Eternal_Winterbane »

Shurikenger108 wrote: It will be a disappointment to me if the Ganmaizers are destroyed for good, because I really want to see all 15 luminaries fighting 15 Ganmaizers.
I doubt that will happen sadly, I think that the Luminaries vs Ganmaizer fight would have happened if Alain's father remained in power, as he seemed to be more content with praying and as such the Ganmaizers remained at a power level equal to the Luminaries but with the change in leadership and Alain's brother's thirst for power the Ganmaizers have started to grow stronger. Also the Fire Ganmaizer was just a fake, which i was happy about as I really want them to stop using old suits constantly.

As far as Mugen form goes, I am still not sold on it, I mean, Infinity, Tridon, Fruit basket, they were powerful forms but Mugen just seems over powered to the point of boredom. Infinity got me interested, Fruit basket had me on the edge of my seat, Tridon was awesome, with Mugen I am just looking forward to the times he used Grapefruit instead of it. (also I still can't find the dam Eyecon anywhere :( )
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Eternal_Winterbane wrote:As far as Mugen form goes, I am still not sold on it, I mean, Infinity, Tridon, Fruit basket, they were powerful forms but Mugen just seems over powered to the point of boredom.
Mugen is OP around this time because they need to sell the toys, it'll likely even out after a few weeks or so.
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

(No front page post people)

In the preview, what's a
Spoiler
kappa
?
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

This is in the running for the worst pair of episodes throughout Ghost's entire run so far. Ugh. It's the episode where you introduce the ultimate form, and instead of being an awesome display of the hero's power and resolve, it's cringeworthy. They should have just fully introduced Mugen back on 33, because pairing it up with the Brothers Grimm fighting did not work. And the less said about the fantasy world, the better.

Meanwhile the fact that Mugen is based on emotions feels like a complete and utter non-sequitur. This is a series where the hero is a ghost, and the MacGuffin is a bunch of little spheres that hold the souls of important historical figures. So how is it the hero's supreme power isn't based on his non-corporeal status or the MacGuffin? Emotions have not been an important plot point for the first 33 or so episodes, so it comes out of left field.

Also, they're trying way, way too hard to work the arc word (infinity) into the dialog. It's practically painful. Yes, we get it, Mugan's symbol is the infinity symbol. You don't need to beat us over the head ad Infinitum.:P
Lunagel wrote:Is that Helheim? I swear that's Helheim. I mean, there aren't any fruits but there are those weird swirly thingeys.
I had the same thought. That is totally the same forest and the props they used for Helheim.
Are we ever going to get more answers as to why the Ganma were trying to take over Earth in the first place?
At this rate, no. :?
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

They did explain it. The Emperor wanted to share his perfect world (or so he believed until he began to doubt) with others worlds. It's as simple as that.
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

ViRGE wrote:Meanwhile the fact that Mugen is based on emotions feels like a complete and utter non-sequitur. This is a series where the hero is a ghost, and the MacGuffin is a bunch of little spheres that hold the souls of important historical figures. So how is it the hero's supreme power isn't based on his non-corporeal status or the MacGuffin? Emotions have not been an important plot point for the first 33 or so episodes, so it comes out of left field.
I actually think it makes sense. Each eyecon holds the soul of an important figure, and as we've seen from the scenes in the various eyecons, it seems like each soul focuses on a given aspect of the important figure. While the Ore eyecon is simply Takeru's soul, I understood the Mugen eyecon as being his caring and love for those around him, those emotions being "infinite" (Similarly, Boost would be his anger over the fate of people in the Ganma world). This part of Takeru's soul was initially made apparent when he saved Kanon instead of himself way back at the end of the first story arc. It would make sense that Mugen is essentially the manifestation of this part of Takeru's personality.

That's how I've seen the various forms, at least, except for Grapefruit, which is probably going to be shelved now that the new form is here.
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Has anyone else not actually understood what's going on in this show for a very long time?
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Fat D
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Fat D »

ViRGE wrote:
Lunagel wrote:Is that Helheim? I swear that's Helheim. I mean, there aren't any fruits but there are those weird swirly thingeys.
I had the same thought. That is totally the same forest and the props they used for Helheim.
So I was not the only one. I think some of the lighting effects during the transition were even similar, the bluish tint and stuff to make it seem more otherworldly.

I felt like the episode dragged on, but in a good way. I felt that there was a lot going on and I wonder how they fit all of that into a standard episode slot without feeling rushed. Loved the message of the Eyecon/Mystery plot as well. I myself often feel that intense research activity puts a damper on my enthusiasm about science, and that the greatest thing about science is taking a look at the wonders of the world, and sharing that look.

But yes. Mugen is definitely about to be nerfed if the authors want any chance of having Takeru struggle in battle. You cannot have Ghost wiping the floor with enemies that treat Necrom and Deep Specter like cannon fodder for the next four months.
Farr
7X
Favorite series: Blade / Deka
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim~W / Shinken
Dreamy: Umeko / Hana
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Farr »

Lunagel wrote:
Wasn't there something about that their World is crumbling, and they need Earth as an First Aid Kit, to patch it up again?
Victormaru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kaoru
Favorite Actor?: Mika Hijii
Favorite Band: m-flo
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: GARO
Quote: In the end, I am Eternal.

Post by Victormaru »

Already four Mugen transformations within the span of just two episodes. And each time, Takeru does some sick kung-fu moves and then immediately goes for the one-hit kill. Nerf, please.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ghost”