Kaigan KR Ghost 36

G-g-ghosts?!
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Ghost Wiki Link

< Drive | Ghost | Ex-Aid >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:34 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
7%
☆☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆☆
27%
☆☆
33%
33%

Total votes: 15
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kaigan KR Ghost 36

Post by takenoko »

<Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Last week's poll rating:n 3.11 (9 votes)
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Re: Kaigan KR Ghost 36

Post by Yaiba »

We jump from 37 days to 25 days all of a sudden.

I have been thinking that Alain is becoming so weak to the point of ridiculous, and that Sanzou may be that Eyecon that is never used again. I'm glad they are addressing these, but I'm not feeling the way they are doing it. Have we become Kung Fu Panda now that we are training with the food.

The super force humor like the Sanzou's disciple wacky nature, Akari and Onari's 1980s looks, and Akari's singing that could kill you just by hearing it, is rubbing me the wrong way.

Everything has been so one dimensional ever since Mugen's debut.

Oh and for the love of... Kanon, you had to know that is a Ganma uniform that your "brother" is wearing.

One thing I loved in this episode though, is the facepalm that Mr Bills gave Akari in the meeting room. It made me LOL every time I see it .
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

She probably did know it was a Ganma uniform but, not why "Makoto" was wearing it.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

Didn't we already see the form that Alain is training to master in a previous episode? The amount of buildup seems a bit ant-climatic.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Yaiba wrote:The super force humor like the Sanzou's disciple wacky nature, Akari and Onari's 1980s looks, and Akari's singing that could kill you just by hearing it, is rubbing me the wrong way.
Ditto. It's not that everything needs to be super dark and serious, but there needs to be an appropriate amount of levity. I don't know if the writers were thinking the audience needed a break after the last few episodes (despite 3 guys in dresses), but large parts of this episode felt really superfluous.
One thing I loved in this episode though, is the facepalm that Mr Bills gave Akari in the meeting room. It made me LOL every time I see it .
Bewildered white guy. Yes, Ghost leaves me with that feeling as well. :P On a side note, I like Bills. Not just because he's the token white guy, but because a secretly brainwashed minion moving in and out of the background is an interesting concept.
Arigomi wrote:Didn't we already see the form that Alain is training to master in a previous episode? The amount of buildup seems a bit ant-climatic.
Yes, we've seen Sanzou before. Apparently Alain can no longer use it as he no longer has "conviction."

Edit: Just checked the Wiki. Honomi is played by Koyomi's actress?! :shock: I didn't even recognize her. Heck, I'm still not convinced; she doesn't seem short enough
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

What the s**t did I just watch? My god that was a strange episode, and it's a two-parter to boot. It took 36 episodes to get there, but Ghost got a 1 from me this week. Even Koyomi couldn't save it...
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Alain forced Sanzou to obey him when he previously used him since he was being super evil at the time.
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

someone needs to tell Alain's stunt double to get his hair dyed.

and is it wrong I fast forwarded through akari's audition?
lennyhouston16
Go Go!
Favorite series: Gaim, OOO, Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva, W, Go-Busters
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by lennyhouston16 »

I'm going to be the odd guy out and say I really enjoyed this episode. My favorite character is Alain so seeing his character progress interests me a lot. I'll admit I haven't enjoyed an episode of this since 29 & 30 (more Alain character episodes) but I also love that everyone seems to have their own thing going on other than the riders even if its just for humor. I like seeing the side characters do more than sit around and be rider cheerleaders.

Side note: Why does Koyomi still make me cringe? I found her almost unbearable in Wizard and this doesn't make me like more although I like seeing her breakdown around Ghost's crazy crew :lol:
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

It was nice to see Makoto Okunaka again. Also seeing her in the background with Mugen Ghost looks so much like Wizard Infinity and Koyomi. They done gots me missing Wizard. If only she wasn't so busy with that idol group back then.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Psst, hey Takenoko, you forgot to post this on the front page again.;)
Sinkuu wrote:and is it wrong I fast forwarded through akari's audition?
No, not at all.
Shurikenger108

Post by Shurikenger108 »

Seriously... Now is episode 36, and Alain is still struggling to be accepted by Sanzou Eyecon. They build Alain with Necrom at first is a very badass character with the ability to heal and command lackeys. But now, he is nerfed too much. Next episode he will get stronger and be able to use Sanzou Eyecon, but maybe after that, he will be weak again. I really want Necrom to get another form, just like Deep Specter.
darkmage02
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ryuki
Dreamy: Miu from Fourze
Favorite Band: The GazettE
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: DIGIMON!
Quote: I devour your dreams as I watch you despair.

Post by darkmage02 »

Okay, so I haven't been in this forum for a while now and also because I have refrained from commenting on Ghost for a simple reason.... that I barely have anything good to say about it.

I know we still have about 10 episodes or so before Ghost ends but I'm going to put it here. Ghost is by far the WORST Neo Heisei series to date.

Look at it. 36 episodes in and the show has yet to be able to take itself seriously. I'm not saying it has to be dark and gritty all the time but to insert pure nonsensical humour in and out of every single episode, serving no purpose but to give the show too much levity and deviate from the actual plot is getting real frustrating for me.

Ghost started off with quite a solid plot, but the incessant humour often turned me off and now the episodes are getting more and more one dimensional. Straight up bad guys sending monsters weekly to challenge Team Ghost and then loses, only to repeat the following week. Seriously, ever since Alain deferred from Team Ganma and join the good guys, the show has been lacking a complex and interesting villain. Adel just doesn't cut it and Igor is more of an annoyance now than anything.

I cannot seem to get over just how simplistic and one direction that Ghost's plot is going. I know it's a kid's show but Ghost has taken liberty in substance and replaced it with flashy gimmicks in hopes of selling more toys.

I enjoyed Den-O and Fourze so much despite those being real campy. They know when to have fun and when to get serious. Ghost doesn't.

I remember complaining a year ago that Drive too having too much humour that simply felt really out of place but at least Drive got really good towards the later part of the plot.

Ghost just keeps getting worse and worse each week.

Nice to see Koyomi's actress coming back on screen tho. I didn't recognise her until I read the forum.
Complete. Start Up. 3. 2. 1. Time Out. Reformation.
Atragon
Favorite series: Blade/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Magiranger

Post by Atragon »

Darkmage02 hit the point. Takeru is right now super one dimensional character. Villains are weak and uninteresting. Everyone talking about Alain/Necrom. I agree with all of you guys but there is one thing that iritates me more. I mean Makoto/Specter. OK, now he gained cool deep specter power, but Makoto as a character is like empty piece of paper. In the beginning of the series he has strong motivation to save Kanon, and was like a lone wolf (cool, I like lone warriors :) ). But after he (or rather Takeru) save her, his character stop to development. There is lack something. I don't know. His character is just provisory.
Finished series:

KR: V3, Amazon, Black - Zero-One (25 of 30)
Sentai: Sunvulcan, Maskman-Liveman, Jetman-Dairanger, Carranger, Gingaman, Gaoranger to Kiramager. (28 of 44)

Currently watching: Saber, Zenkaiger
Cyborg-Lucario
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Black/Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze/Gokaiger
Dreamy: Garou (Ookami Blue)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by Cyborg-Lucario »

Well, to think that my second post on this forum would be to say how disappointed I am in the direction Ghost is going. Like Darkmage02 said so did it start with a solid plot, but now it feels... a bit empty.
Doesn't help that this series has reused the Ganma costumes lots of times instead of making new Ganma suits. Sure, we got a new version of the Plan Ganma, but it's not good enough.
The last two episodes where they visited dreams so was I expecting a dream Ganma based on Sigmund Freud or anyone else famous for studying dreams. But nope, it's just Igor with Denji Ganma and Book Ganma with the water Ganmaizer coming along.
(Wouldn't it be interesting to have hate Ganma based on Hitler who uses hate as a weapon?)

I have idea what to think of the humouristic hijinx since they make it so the show rarely takes itself seriously.

But I will continue watching it. Maybe it has a surprisingly satisfied conclusion. I mean, they're not gonna be lazy and make Adel's final form just be a recolour of Ganma Ultima, right?
Spoiler
Yes, I was REALLY annoyed that Gremlin's ultimate form was just a green Bahamut. (Seriously? Why make the final boss a recolour of a monster of the week?) Though I was a bit relieved that they made made two bonus episodes because Gaim wasn't ready yet, because we got more of a decent final boss in those two episodes.
A cyborg pokémon who may or may not be a Kamen Rider.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ghost”