Kaigan KR Ghost 36

G-g-ghosts?!
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Ghost Wiki Link

< Drive | Ghost | Ex-Aid >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:34 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
7%
☆☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆☆
27%
☆☆
33%
33%

Total votes: 15
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Kaigan KR Ghost 36

Post by Catastrophe »

Have a feeling we're hitting that kind of late arc fatigue. Little disjointed with the three riders and now the Deep Connect plot has idol bullshit.
JustiFanV2
7X

Post by JustiFanV2 »

I''m just surprised it took them 36 episodes to add a second song into Ghost... :P

Oh by the way, just thought I should point out a minor error at 9:30: "Sanzou-san, Alain hasn't lose his conviction" should presumably say "lost".
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I think that KR doesn't quite know what to do with idol singer episodes. It didn't help that the idol group was obviously lip syncing in what was supposed to be a "live" performance. Nor did it help when they wanted to reach "big dream stadium" just a couple of months after there was a live action show centered around an idol group wanting to perform at Budokon. I was also puzzled on why they made Akari that bad as a singer. She could have just sung normally and had the rest of the judges think that she wasn't as good as the other auditioners (who presumably have practiced more than Akari). Then they would have still been shocked that she won.

Spoiler
And in the next episode Mister Bills could have told Akari that he told the other judges that he saw "potential" but the other judges want to see improvement in the next couple days so that Akari would still want to power up.

Even the excuse that they wanted the scene to be funny doesn't hold up. The scene was already humorous from Akari's hair and clothes. Having her sing badly just throws things off and makes people want to switch channels. They could have had her sing normally while doing a bunch of really dated and corny gestures, which would have fit in with her introduction.

This episode was an okay idea with not so good execution. A better director could have done something with this.

I think that Jyuougers might have been able to have gotten away with this style of an over the top idol episode (maybe have Amu be over the top cutesy or Sela try to force a Wednesday Adams style smile) but Ghost is way more serious that Jyuougers.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

Sinkuu wrote:someone needs to tell Alain's stunt double to get his hair dyed.
Totally agreed with that stunt double. It was so blatantly obvious that I got disappointed a Kamen Rider series did that. They are usually good at making sure their stunt doubles match the actual actor. Seemed like they took a page out of Koichi Sakamoto's book where they said oh well, just make sure he covers his face and get the shot so we can move on. Was nice to see Koyomi again. Is that an actual song from Koyomi's idol group? I don't keep up with J-Pop.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

chronoxiong wrote:
Sinkuu wrote:someone needs to tell Alain's stunt double to get his hair dyed.
Totally agreed with that stunt double. It was so blatantly obvious that I got disappointed a Kamen Rider series did that. They are usually good at making sure their stunt doubles match the actual actor. Seemed like they took a page out of Koichi Sakamoto's book where they said oh well, just make sure he covers his face and get the shot so we can move on. Was nice to see Koyomi again. Is that an actual song from Koyomi's idol group? I don't keep up with J-Pop.
Funny enough, Koichi directed this episode...
Farr
7X
Favorite series: Blade / Deka
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim~W / Shinken
Dreamy: Umeko / Hana
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Farr »

Well like I said last Week, does it get even more Wizar.... yes it does, bring back an Actress from that Season! wuhuu... not.
She looks better than she did in Wizz, but that ain't helping s...much.

To summarize that episode "Too goofy." and not the good kind...

I mean they didn't even try to make anything serious in that Episode, as mentioned before it would have been enough to let sing Akari badish, and not that derped out, and they should have given Alain a decent Trial, not those weird Animalish things, that basicly just jump around eating his food @.@

Same for the evaluation from the Ganmaizer, how often do they want to repeat that Grapefruit/infinity is a Threat, it's like meantioned twice every Episode x_X Funny thou that they still see Deep Specter as a Threat, just for the sake to bash up Alain, even thou he couldn't really do much against an Ganmaizer except in his Premiere Episode iirc.

So after the already not so good episode from last week, this still concluded in a huge letdown. I had somewhat hope for this Show between Specters first Screening and Grateful, but starting from there it continuesly spirals down soon to greet Ninninger...
Gao
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO

Post by 453145 »

Revorse wrote:It was nice to see Makoto Okunaka again. Also seeing her in the background with Mugen Ghost looks so much like Wizard Infinity and Koyomi.
That scene just needed this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYv3zNHFvG0
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

ViRGE wrote:
chronoxiong wrote:
Funny enough, Koichi directed this episode...
Lol. I was thinking in the back of my mind, what if Koichi Sakamoto was the one who directed this episode? Glad to know now. Koichi Sakamoto's style is very obvious after seeing it for so many years in Power Rangers. I thought it looked familiar throughout this episode.
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

This ep was so blatantly bad that no one bothered to report a grammar error on the subs.
In 19:31, the line should be "... hasn't lost his conviction"
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
JustiFanV2
7X

Post by JustiFanV2 »

I did, however my post appears to have, well, disappeared...
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

JustiFanV2 wrote:I did, however my post appears to have, well, disappeared...
It's probably in the "Is Ghost the worst Kamen Rider series ever?" thread. viewtopic.php?f=224&t=19577
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I put that post back in the thread. When I created that thread, I thought everyone decided to talk about how Ghost was the worst instead of the actual episode at that point. Who knew only one person was still talking about the actual episode.
Draccy
7X
Favorite series: One Piece
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider
Dreamy: Nico Robin
Favorite Actor?: Liam Neeson
Favorite Band: T-Pistonz+KMC
My boom: Kamen Rider

Post by Draccy »

Bills's second reaction to Akari is the best summation of most everyone's reaction to this episode.
Well, perfect for my own, anyway.
Rifaz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Rifaz »

Alain training montage... that's the only thing I can watch without cringing in this episode.
"There was a ticking time bomb strapped to her chest... That's why she has a dynamite body!!" - Amakusa Shino
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

Despite a lot happening, I didn't see a lot to this episode. However, it does raise some interesting questions, and Makoto's copy looks promising. It's looking pretty evident that Alain's going to get some kind of upgrade (hopefully beyond the Sanzo form we've seen), but I felt like his training experience suffered greatly from an apparent inability to take itself seriously (takoyaki for motivation was one thing, but the boing sound effects when Alain gets hit was too far for me).

The highlight of this episode was the looks on Bills' and the announcer's faces at the Deep Connect results. That was priceless.
Atragon wrote:In the beginning of the series [Makoto] has strong motivation to save Kanon... but after he (or rather Takeru) save her, his character stop to development. There is lack something.
Which is really a shame; he's started to join Shibuya, Narita and Kanon on the list of characters who used to be there for a reason and are now more or less plot points (if even those). I think like one reason he's been such a weak character lately is that he doesn't have much use for the iron will they've characterized him with in a story with more comedy than much else. Hopefully the arc with Makoto's clone will get him more or less where he used to be.

Next episode preview:
Spoiler
The next episode looks like it'll be pretty good, or at least will take itself more seriously. Specter vs. Deep Specter looks like it'll be interesting.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,

Return to “Kamen Rider Ghost”