Poll: What's your opinion of Kamen Rider Ghost?

G-g-ghosts?!
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Ghost Wiki Link

< Drive | Ghost | Ex-Aid >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

How do you like KR Ghost?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:28 am

☆☆☆☆☆ Transcendent
9%
☆☆☆☆ Great Caeser's Ghost
16%
☆☆☆ G-g-ghost?!
35%
☆☆ Better call a Ghost Buster
20%
☆ Better off dead
19%

Total votes: 99
Atragon
Favorite series: Blade/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Magiranger

Re: Poll: What's your opinion of Kamen Rider Ghost?

Post by Atragon »

Well, in short: too many things fail in this series in my opinion. Takeru is weak as a main character. Monsters and Ganmaizers were revived soooo many times that I really don’t care all about. Makoto is wasted character. Alain looks better in old uniform then in this girly green sweater. Kanon… Onari wasted potential. Random Javert and Aria appearance.

I can give only 3 stars for Kamen Rider Ghost. It’s my first time when I’m doing something like that. Most of Heisei Kamen Riders are worth (in my opinion) 5 stars, several (like Hibiki, Decade, Fourze, Wizard and Drive) 4 stars, and only Ghost (so far) get 3 stars from me.

Hope Ex-aid will be better.
Finished series:

KR: V3, Amazon, Black - Zero-One (25 of 30)
Sentai: Sunvulcan, Maskman-Liveman, Jetman-Dairanger, Carranger, Gingaman, Gaoranger to Kiramager. (28 of 44)

Currently watching: Saber, Zenkaiger
Yuusha
7X
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider AGITO
Dreamy: Anna Nagata
Favorite Actor?: Shigeki Hosokawa
Favorite Band: SHAKA LABBITS!
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Io Shirai
Quote: "Even if one evades the fangs of the Dragon by soaring high, they are drawn in by its furious winds, then are shredded by the claws"

Post by Yuusha »

It might just be the WORST Neo Heisei Rider if not worst overall Heisei Rider, like worse than Wizard bad!
KRMonkey
Go Go!
Quote: ...dynamic chop!
Type: INFP Healer

Post by KRMonkey »

There are still a few Rider series I haven't seen - Agito, Kuuga, Blade, Faiz, Kabuto - but so far, Ghost is my least favorite. It had a few semi-redeeming elements, but the characters were thinner than usual, the long-term story was unsatisfying and felt not even half-baked. Like quarter-baked. Initial individual character arcs for certain characters worked (Makoto, Alain), but the show struggled to find things for those characters to do after their arcs' completion. This was writing failure plus maybe some casting failure; I can't tell whether Takeru is a character that could've been saved by a different actor, but my suspicion is no. I wonder how much of the show's potential was strangled by the historical-figure-outerwear gimmick. At this point, I'm near-desperately hoping that Ex-Aid is better-written.
KRMonkey
Go Go!
Quote: ...dynamic chop!

Post by KRMonkey »

Yuusha wrote:It might just be the WORST Neo Heisei Rider if not worst overall Heisei Rider, like worse than Wizard bad!
It made me appreciate Wizard. (Actually, I'd argue that Wizard's biggest problem was with filler. Although its long-term story bore little connection to its episode count, I'd say that it's actually a pretty great show if you only catch two episodes.)
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

You know what is more painful? watching Ghost in drive's movie. I would have loved to see that Ghost in action, he was supposed to be somewhat creepy, the way he swayed like some ghost from japanese stories, the black mist, the creepy eye symbol that appeared when he changed forms... But no! it was too scary for the kids...
hinomars19
Go Go!
Favorite Actor?: Kitagawa keiko
Favorite Band: Koda Kumi
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: Yui Koike is like a kitten wrapped in cotton wool eating candyfloss. This cannot be disputed. You try, I flip your table (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Post by hinomars19 »

Acursed pile of garbage with ridiculous forced comedy.
I honestly thought things couldn't get any worse after Wizard.
I was wrong.
SciThePsycho
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Favorite Band: Too Many
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: One insane Tokusatsu fan. The Gaming Rider of madness. Kamen Rider PC
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by SciThePsycho »

Going into this series, i thought i started out great. a rider that has powers based on historic figures, the imagination and possibilities are endless i thought. i watched the first couple episodes and i liked the hunting for the eyecons and the threat of the 100 days time limit and i thought to myself, "oh so there going to do it in real time (ie one episode equals 1-2 days so the last episode is the last of the 100 days) then in like episode 5 he only has 30 days left. WHY IS HE SITTING ON HIS ASS WHEN HE ONLY HAS ONE MONTH LEFT BEFORE HE GOES TO HEAVEN!? i think the series went downhill after episode 10. he does nothing to try and find the eyecons and his daddy gives him an extra 100 days and a new hoodie, because. after that the plot holes started to get bigger and bigger. Why was kanon stuck in an eyecon in the fist part of the series when makoto was an eyecon all along? why can kanon kick the asses of the grunts when even onari who is a grown man cant even do it? Why did takeru get depressed when he learned the truth of the ganma world. yes its sad but grow a sack and fix the problem. you can be sad at a tragety but for a hero, it should be a jumping off point that they need to fix the world or the NEED to focus and defeat the bad guys. i quit after episode 23 and i was telling myself that i should catch up on it. Why? because i wanted to see the forms. So to sum it up, i wanted to likeghost i really did. but the bland characters, inconsistent plot lines, and just wasted potential, ghost is not one of the good series.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

eijiman wrote:You know what is more painful? watching Ghost in drive's movie. I would have loved to see that Ghost in action, he was supposed to be somewhat creepy, the way he swayed like some ghost from japanese stories, the black mist, the creepy eye symbol that appeared when he changed forms... But no! it was too scary for the kids...
Interesting. Is this confirmed anywhere?
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

eijiman wrote:You know what is more painful? watching Ghost in drive's movie. I would have loved to see that Ghost in action, he was supposed to be somewhat creepy, the way he swayed like some ghost from japanese stories, the black mist, the creepy eye symbol that appeared when he changed forms... But no! it was too scary for the kids...
So this series pulled a Hibiki before the series even started, that's disappointing
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Kurokage X wrote:So this series pulled a Hibiki before the series even started, that's disappointing
Nah, if it pulled a Hibiki, the staff that worked on it would've been fired and replaced. What happened to Hibiki was/is a lot bigger than just "Oh, Ghost acted different in his cameo".
dryedmangoez
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by dryedmangoez »

Started excellently with a great premise but really fell off the rails, especially in the last third.
So many great story possibilities for all the characters left untouched in favor of about 10-15 final episodes of a clusterfrak of disconnected and random ideas.

I was so upset how much wasted potential Drive left on the table. but Ghost made Drive's story and characters fully developed and well thought out. (When it really wasn't either.)
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

First third = sugar rush
Second third = very good
Final third = dangling unresolved plot threads

I give this a 2 for that middle third (which started with the death of Saionji and ended with the death of Fumi-baa :'( ) Without that it would've been a 1.

The characters and the plot are not fleshed out. The background of the story could've been nice, using advanced technology to make "ghosts", i.e., humans preserved in capsules while their souls are on avatars such that when they "die", only the physical avatar vanishes and your actual body and soul is still intact.

But there are problems in the system, like bodies vanishing in capsules and unrest in the Ganma world.

Wasted potential. (Also a bad negative: Lack of suits and Javert, Takeru, the Ganmaizers and others dying and resurrecting and dying and... you get it)
ViRGE wrote:
Interesting. Is this confirmed anywhere?
I think it was mentioned once by Lunagel in the movie thread.
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I don't remember saying that!
Leader13
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com

Post by Leader13 »

I'm curious to know how much of the show people who hated it watched. Genuinely. I saw people repeatedly say how Ninnin was the worst thing they'd ever seen, but they'd tune in every week. If it was the literal worst, why are you investing 15, 16 hours of your life on it?? Or that Garo has been shit since series 1, but they've watched everything since. Switch off, go watch something else.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

My excuse is being staff and should support the T-N brand. It helps that I didn't binge it and only watch it once every week.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ghost”