Kaigan KR Ghost 38

G-g-ghosts?!
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Ghost Wiki Link

< Drive | Ghost | Ex-Aid >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:23 am

☆☆☆☆☆
29%
☆☆☆☆
41%
☆☆☆
24%
☆☆
6%
No votes

Total votes: 17
darkmage02
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ryuki
Dreamy: Miu from Fourze
Favorite Band: The GazettE
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: DIGIMON!
Quote: I devour your dreams as I watch you despair.

Re: Kaigan KR Ghost 38

Post by darkmage02 »

A somewhat decent episode for me. Nothing much happened in this episode that moved the plot forward, but there's less of the mindnumbing jokes in this episode (Onari - Javert antics are actually quite funny) which made this one rather enjoyable.

Normally a Rider forego his earlier forms in favour of his ultimate form, so it's kinda nice to see Takeru still wanting to hold on to his luminaries (since the entire series is built on the premise of Takeru bonding with them).

I'm actually quite surprised Alain sit this episode out despite completing his training in the previous.

Jairou is yet another case of random villains popping back in after disappearing for a few episodes. Jeez. And since it isn't his real body that gets destroyed, chances are he will be making more appearances.

Makoto and his clones are the highlight of this episode. Still, I cannot get how is it so difficult for Deep Specter to beat base form Specter despite being severely more powerful.

The pacing of this episode felt extremely rushed.

I am so in love with Alia *O*

Just a random prediction. I have a feeling Commander Edith might turn out to be the final villain instead of Adel. He seems to be the one scheming behind everything.
Complete. Start Up. 3. 2. 1. Time Out. Reformation.
Shurikenger108

Post by Shurikenger108 »

darkmage02 wrote: Just a random prediction. I have a feeling Commander Edith might turn out to be the final villain instead of Adel. He seems to be the one scheming behind everything.
Huhm, I don't think Edith is going to be the final villain. Both Makoto and Alain seems to trust and look up to him. We saw that on the episode Makoto got the Deep Specter Eyecon and on the episode Makoto and Alain saw Sennin.
Kamen Rider Gumo
Faiz
Favorite series: Zyuranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Reiko Chiba
Favorite Actor?: Takaiwa Seiji
Favorite Band: Twisted Sister
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: DragonBall Z
Quote: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence..."
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Gumo »

Shurikenger108 wrote:
darkmage02 wrote: Just a random prediction. I have a feeling Commander Edith might turn out to be the final villain instead of Adel. He seems to be the one scheming behind everything.
Huhm, I don't think Edith is going to be the final villain. Both Makoto and Alain seems to trust and look up to him. We saw that on the episode Makoto got the Deep Specter Eyecon and on the episode Makoto and Alain saw Sennin.
If you saw Gaim, you might not think so.

Spoiler
It was DJ Sagara who gave Kouta the Genesis Core and the Lemon Energy LockSeed to boost his power and show that two Seeds could be equipped to his Sengoku Driver at once, followed up by the by the Kachidoki and Kiwami Seeds to facilitate his transformation into, for all intents and purposes, a deity. A big part of the reason he did this? To see whose approach (Kouta's or Kaito's) would win out at the end of the day because he was curious. Sagara was trusted by pretty much everyone and turned out to be the one most responsible for the events happening the way they did.

Not trying to be an ass; just pointing out that the main characters trusting someone doesn't mean he's a good guy.
LeoArchon
Why are we all 15?
Why are we all 15?
Favorite series: Final Fantasy
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Total War: Shogun 2
Quote: "To be forgotten is worse than death." -Freya Crescent, Final Fantasy IX

Post by LeoArchon »

Kamen Rider Gumo wrote:Not trying to be an ass; just pointing out that the main characters trusting someone doesn't mean he's a good guy.
This is very true. There are numerous instances in fiction where someone close to the main characters turns out to have been the villain all along. To use an older example, look at Frollo from Hunchback of Notre Dame. Yeah, it was obvious to the audience that he was the villain, but Quasimodo trusted him implicitly up until the end.

Spoiler
On a side note, I hope Alia doesn't get the treatment Mayu did in Wizard, and only get to fight three times. I wanna see this girl kick some butt!
darkmage02
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by darkmage02 »

Shurikenger108 wrote:Huhm, I don't think Edith is going to be the final villain. Both Makoto and Alain seems to trust and look up to him. We saw that on the episode Makoto got the Deep Specter Eyecon and on the episode Makoto and Alain saw Sennin.

As the guy above have pointed out regarding Gaim, I'm going to explain it on Ghost's pretext.

There's no evidence that Makoto and Alain looked up to Edith. If you remember, Edith was the one who sort of forced Makoto to take up Deep Specter, under the pretense that "if you won't do it, perhaps Takeru will" to which Makoto replied angrily "Leave Takeru out of this. I will do it!"

As for Alain, I don't recall a single conversation of fondness between them. He, together with his dad and his siblings (to a certain extent) sees Edith as someone who helped created the "perfect world". His dad may consider Edith a friend, but Edith on numerous occasion has shown that he is interested in his own plans than the wellbeings of the Alain family.

And now we have Alia blatantly asking Edith what is he scheming.

If you look at the history of KR of late, it's not uncommon that the main villain turns out to be someone other than the big bad the heroes have fought the entire season.
Rifaz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Rifaz »

That was awesome moment between Takeru and the eyecons, almost shed a tear.
"There was a ticking time bomb strapped to her chest... That's why she has a dynamite body!!" - Amakusa Shino
Shurikenger108

Post by Shurikenger108 »

darkmage02 wrote:
Shurikenger108 wrote:Huhm, I don't think Edith is going to be the final villain. Both Makoto and Alain seems to trust and look up to him. We saw that on the episode Makoto got the Deep Specter Eyecon and on the episode Makoto and Alain saw Sennin.

As the guy above have pointed out regarding Gaim, I'm going to explain it on Ghost's pretext.

There's no evidence that Makoto and Alain looked up to Edith. If you remember, Edith was the one who sort of forced Makoto to take up Deep Specter, under the pretense that "if you won't do it, perhaps Takeru will" to which Makoto replied angrily "Leave Takeru out of this. I will do it!"

As for Alain, I don't recall a single conversation of fondness between them. He, together with his dad and his siblings (to a certain extent) sees Edith as someone who helped created the "perfect world". His dad may consider Edith a friend, but Edith on numerous occasion has shown that he is interested in his own plans than the wellbeings of the Alain family.

And now we have Alia blatantly asking Edith what is he scheming.

If you look at the history of KR of late, it's not uncommon that the main villain turns out to be someone other than the big bad the heroes have fought the entire season.
It's my bad to use the word "Look up to". You guys pointing out these things makes me think "Look up to" is not a suitable word. I mean, Makoto and Alain did not consider Edith as a real thread. When they mistook Sennin as Edith at Takeru's place, they did not panic "Omg how can he find us?" "It's not good now". They just, surprised.
And I know there are tons of people like Sagara, but I still believe Edith is not a bad guy. Or at least, not the big bad.
darkmage02
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by darkmage02 »

Shurikenger108 wrote:It's my bad to use the word "Look up to". You guys pointing out these things makes me think "Look up to" is not a suitable word. I mean, Makoto and Alain did not consider Edith as a real thread. When they mistook Sennin as Edith at Takeru's place, they did not panic "Omg how can he find us?" "It's not good now". They just, surprised.
And I know there are tons of people like Sagara, but I still believe Edith is not a bad guy. Or at least, not the big bad.
They won't think of him as a threat back then, cause up until now Adel's the big bad. To them, at this point, Edith is just someone who used to help Alain's father.
Eternal_Winterbane
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Busters
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Eternal_Winterbane »

Ok so i've been putting this episode and the next one off for a while now mainly as I just can't get into it anymore. However, instead of ranting about the whole series in this post, (Which i'm leaving to a video series i'm gonna start up next month when Ghost is finished) I'm going to focus on this episode.

While everyone above has said that they liked the touching moments between Takeru and the Eyecons, what ruined it for me is the execution of it, which i'll get to in a second, first god i hope that Adel is not the final boss. Why? His final form is stupid looking in both modes and doesn't scream I am powerful, more "water me or i'll die" and this highlights a problem i have with the Ganmaizer's design, they don't fit the Gamma's at all. With Drive's villains the design flowed, same with Gaim. Here not so much, not something that can be changed but eh i will have to deal with it.

Now the whole Eyecon thing, here's how i think it should have gone, the eyecons and takeru get beat as normal knocking their confidence, Jairou says he can beat Mugen and goes to do so, fight fight fight Ghost gets wrecked, BAM Adel shows up with the Ganmaizer, Adel's ego getting the best of him and says he wants to destroy Takeru himself, remains in his 'human' form and the ganmaizer stay back for now as Adel and Takeru fight unmorphed. Takeru gives the same speech rousing the eyecons, Ganmazier's join the fight, Takeru manages to push them back (not destroy just push them back) final attack happens, Adel and the Ganmaizer survive the attack but are clearly beat up a bit and retreat.

That way the Eyecons look a little stronger, Jairou sticks around to follow his development, realising he's not needed etc, and we have a credible fight set up in the future.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ghost”