Kaigan KR Ghost 39

G-g-ghosts?!
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Ghost Wiki Link

< Drive | Ghost | Ex-Aid >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:50 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
6%
☆☆☆☆
13%
☆☆☆
50%
☆☆
31%
No votes

Total votes: 16
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kaigan KR Ghost 39

Post by takenoko »

<Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Last week's poll rating:n 3.73 (11 votes)

Gone up over a point since last time. Progress!
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Re: Kaigan KR Ghost 39

Post by Yaiba »

Maybe they are trying to give Makoto a nice character arc with this family business (despite having less than 10 episodes left), but having a bratty teenager girl just doesn't do it. I don't know if it's the acting or what, but the cop-daughter's attitude is just seriously annoying and I just want to punch him (her) every time he opens his mouth.

How the hell does the suit actor walk in that Ganmizer suit? And what is the purpose of Igor again?

The slapping is only funny when Akari does it.

Oh, and such a tease with Aria's henshin.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Re: Aria's henshin

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU TOEI
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

I kinda sighed at the infodump at the start. I'm sure Takuro Fukuda had to bring stuff back around after his vacay but I'm also sure there's more graceful ways to do it rather than have Alia just rattle off facts. Oh well.

Rest of the episode wasn't too bad, though. I enjoyed it.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I am worried now that we have already met the Ghostogers: what if the whole point of "re-re-killing Takeru so that his friends could bring him back" was introduce the idea that since Takeru's heart is now "linked" with his friends, his friends can also connect with the luminaries? The bad part of this is that Javert can't be Black now (unless he's allowed to because of his connection with Onari) and that the two temple job boys will become Ghostogers. They will have to cram at least a couple of arcs to elevate the job boys before anyone would buy them as part of a sentai team.
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

Wow...I wonder how big of a crowbar they used to force Aria's backstory monologue into that opening scene? But then...is that the shortest time ever that anyone has been a Rider?

Not a bad episode, but loses a star because of Kanon's writing. She's said almost nothing besides "oniichan" or "Alain-sama" this entire show, and they finally give that poor girl a scene where she actually speaks, then follow it with "oniichan". Gotta be kidding me... Also loses another star for being about as "wtf" as the Akari Idol episode. Watched it three times, still don't get the scene where they find the guy in the warehouse, and then the Gokai Mugen pose right after was a head-scratcher. Finally, there was Billy the Kid on the first fight, Mugen after that. They could rename this series as "Kamen Rider Should-have-used-that-form-first".

Ghost has started losing momentum over the past few weeks, hopefully it can get things turned around for a strong finish. :|
Last edited by mholden020 on Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I can't help but feel like that should have been better than it actually was. I mean we got plot, we got backstory. So why does it feel so empty and shoved down our throats?

So, uh, is Igor dead? The way he gets defeated I can never tell if it's the power-up Eyecon that's been popped, or if it's finally him.

Oh, and that's totally a Ganmizer in Mayu's body.:P

BTW, I like Pink Necrom, but I share Luna's rage in having her transform just to get her butt kicked 45 seconds later.

Edit: Now that I think about it, this is quickly turning into the color coded mages from Wizard. Which is not a good thing...
Yaiba wrote:How the hell does the suit actor walk in that Ganmizer suit?
That has to be two people in a suit. Somehow.
Leonsagara
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Leonsagara »

ViRGE wrote:I can't help but feel like that should have been better than it actually was. I mean we got plot, we got backstory. So why does it feel so empty and shoved down our throats?

So, uh, is Igor dead? The way he gets defeated I can never tell if it's the power-up Eyecon that's been popped, or if it's finally him.

Oh, and that's totally a Ganmizer in Mayu's body.:P

BTW, I like Pink Necrom, but I share Luna's rage in having her transform just to get her butt kicked 45 seconds later.

Edit: Now that I think about it, this is quickly turning into the color coded mages from Wizard. Which is not a good thing...
Yaiba wrote:How the hell does the suit actor walk in that Ganmizer suit?
That has to be two people in a suit. Somehow.
I think Igor should be dead. If not, they better explain how on earth he survived Mugen's power when even the Ganmaizer can't.

Next episode is way too predictable though. I'm putting my thoughts in spoiler just in case.
Spoiler
Mayu's father is in Ganmaizer body, Ganmaizer is in Mayu's body. The actual bad guy who is leaking the information is the guy who followed them to the dock area.

I wonder what Commander Edith was planning to do. He obviously didn't want Aria to get killed. The beginning part of the episode was the most interesting. Everything after that was pretty blah.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by resop2 »

For those who don't know, Professional Wrestler Tanahashi Hiroshi is a huge Kamen Rider wota and does Kabuto's finger gesture as he comes to the ring. I couldn't help but notice this tweet by him this morning.

https://twitter.com/tanahashi1_100/stat ... 7076895744

A new hand gesture on the way to the ring?
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

mholden020 wrote:still don't get the scene where they find the guy in the warehouse,
What was confusing? The guy who was talking to Mayu/dad got murdered and they started tossing around accusations over who did it.
mholden020 wrote:Finally, there was Billy the Kid on the first fight, Mugen after that. They could rename this series as "Kamen Rider Should-have-used-that-form-first".
Did.. you not watch 38?
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:
mholden020 wrote:still don't get the scene where they find the guy in the warehouse,
What was confusing? The guy who was talking to Mayu/dad got murdered and they started tossing around accusations over who did it.
It's confusing because the guy who was talking to Dad is not dead in the warehouse, he's moving around and grunting. Then, when the wanted criminal shows up, Mr. Police Chief gets mad that the criminal was given some information, then the criminal runs away. If the criminal was given information on how to evade the cops, wouldn't he have avoided where the cops were, like he's been doing for a while using the information given? Then criminal runs off, Chief yells at Dad instead of chasing the criminal.
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
darkmage02
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ryuki
Dreamy: Miu from Fourze
Favorite Band: The GazettE
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: DIGIMON!
Quote: I devour your dreams as I watch you despair.

Post by darkmage02 »

After 2 weeks of rather enjoyable and decent episodes, Ghost is right back at the slumps. Should've known better for Ghost to keep up with the good momentum.

For some reason, I find Aria transforming into pink Nekrom to be hot. Too bad she got trashed really quickly. And her Nekrom suit looks real cheap compared to Alain's. She deserves better.

Makoto is single handedly the most interesting character now of late. First, with his little clone side story. Now, with his daddy issues. I wish the episode focused more on him.

Sennin is back to being lame and useless, and I, for the love of God, cannot stand Kanon. Muttering "onniichan onniichan" when she could have been better developed given how relatable her character is to Mayu.

Takeru transforming into Billy the Kid was so random at the start. I get the whole "luminaries are still useful" thing they get going in episode 38, but Billy the Kid have no advantage whatsoever in going up against that Ganzaimer. It felt shoved right in our face just cause the eyecon to get highlighted in this episode is Billy. Takeru going into Mugen in the first fight and then going into Billy after the part where the eyecon possessed Kanon would make much more sense.

The only interesting part of the episode was the beginning. Everything else after just fell flat.

ViRGE was right. This whole colour coded Ghost thing reminds me of Wizard... which really isn't a good thing at all.

Rating: 2/5
Complete. Start Up. 3. 2. 1. Time Out. Reformation.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

mholden020 wrote:It's confusing because the guy who was talking to Dad is not dead in the warehouse, he's moving around and grunting.
Ah okay, it surely looked like he got murdered at first. Maybe I should've said attacked instead.
Then, when the wanted criminal shows up, Mr. Police Chief gets mad that the criminal was given some information, then the criminal runs away. If the criminal was given information on how to evade the cops, wouldn't he have avoided where the cops were, like he's been doing for a while using the information given? Then criminal runs off, Chief yells at Dad instead of chasing the criminal.
When did they say the information was over avoiding the cops? No sarc, I just don't remember that being stated. The criminal may have appeared at the location wondering what was going on and ran away all "Oh crap, bad idea bad idea!", haha. Neither criminal seemed entirely smart.

And the chief did end up chasing the criminal, didn't he? He only yelled at Dad because he was caught up in some shady stuff; he'll be lucky if he doesn't lose his job.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Leonsagara wrote: I think Igor should be dead. If not, they better explain how on earth he survived Mugen's power when even the Ganmaizer can't.
Actually now that I think of it, he can't be dead. That was his eyecon form running around; his body is still back in the Gamna World. Still, for his first real defeat, it was treated in a very low key manner.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by resop2 »

I wonder if Igor will get out of his sensory deprivation chamber, get kicked out of the ganma world for being a loser, and join Javert in searching for the meaning of it all? He could then turn baby face by telling Akari how to take out Bills.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ghost”