Kaigan KR Ghost 40

G-g-ghosts?!
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Ghost Wiki Link

< Drive | Ghost | Ex-Aid >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:42 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
16%
☆☆☆☆
21%
☆☆☆
32%
☆☆
16%
16%

Total votes: 19
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kaigan KR Ghost 40

Post by takenoko »

<Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Last week's poll rating:n 2.90 (10 votes)
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Re: Kaigan KR Ghost 40

Post by Yaiba »

I hate that bratty teenage girl.

This whole thing is just a set up for the movie, which is jarring because Alain's brother and Makoto's father were never mentioned (not even slightly) before last week.

Can we just get back on the plot already?
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Yaiba wrote:I hate that bratty teenage girl.

This whole thing is just a set up for the movie, which is jarring because Alain's brother and Makoto's father were never mentioned (not even slightly) before last week.

Can we just get back on the plot already?
This. All of this.

Alain's sister gets her eyecon popped, and it's never really dealt with. To be honest I'm still trying to figure out what her purpose is to begin with. She hasn't had any real character moments of her own.

Meanwhile, this is the second week in a row we've had a cold open. I'm not complaining in any way, it's just kind of weird if they've made this switch for the rest of the series.
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

I'm glad we can now move along, far away from this story arc.

The only thing I found to give this episode any praise was explaining that overly-confusing warehouse scene from last week.
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

While it is YET another movie plug I believe that the plot for the arc itself was handled quite well (a surprise given the events lately)
On the other hand it contributed nothing to the overall plot. (And the merged Ganmaizer's conclusion is just that... humans are intriguing LOL)

Someone forgot a front page post.
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Rifaz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Rifaz »

Goddammit, even that scientist guy is still alive.

Lately I've only been speedwatching this.
"There was a ticking time bomb strapped to her chest... That's why she has a dynamite body!!" - Amakusa Shino
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Rifaz wrote:Goddammit, even that scientist guy is still alive.
Ahh yeah, that was a blink and you'll miss it kind of thing. Somehow Igor is back in Eyecon form. I'm not sure how that works.
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

"...and I would've gotten away with it, if it wasn't for those meddling kids and their ganmaizer!!!!"
LeoArchon
Why are we all 15?
Why are we all 15?
Favorite series: Final Fantasy
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Total War: Shogun 2
Quote: "To be forgotten is worse than death." -Freya Crescent, Final Fantasy IX

Post by LeoArchon »

Spoiler
This is yet another instance in this show where I think I've missed something. These things at the end of the last couple of episodes, before the preview; are these scenes from an upcoming movie or something? If so, why not advertise it normally, by showing brief scenes during the disclaimer at the beginning?

Speaking of movies, has the movie with Kamen Rider Ichigo been subbed yet, or is that this movie? I'm so confused, because I want to see that movie.

On to the episode itself; this was a decent resolution for what happened last week, but there are still some things that annoy me. I'm still mad that Alia's debut as a Rider ended with her being defeated, and Adel's basically saying, "You're going to watch as I go absolutely crazy with power, and try to conquer another world for us."

The whole thing with Makoto telling Takeru that not all fathers are good ones is, as was mentioned earlier, not as impacting as it should have been. Daigo wasn't even named until this episode.

Also, no Kanon the Kid this week. I'm sad, especially because every other person who got possessed by an Eyecon did so twice, and most of them weren't too interesting. Kanon as a cowgirl was cute, and I'm disappointed they didn't do anything else with it.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

The things before the preview is for the summer Ghost movie. They did this with Drive last year which was the first time they did that.

Ichigo/Ghost movie comes out on Blu-Ray less in 2 weeks. Refer to this list when a movie or special is coming to retail:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8373
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

I'll give this a star.

The show was stalled, probably lack of buget because of Amazons or something else, and they decide to stall it once again to advertise the movie?

I kinda like Takeru, unlike guys like Tendou he is a guy you'd like to hang out with, but I think he needs to get more attitude. I sometimes think that toku heroes need some more bluntness and comon sense in a lot of situations.

Anyway, how did Makoto recovered? i don't quite remember.
darkmage02
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ryuki
Dreamy: Miu from Fourze
Favorite Band: The GazettE
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: DIGIMON!
Quote: I devour your dreams as I watch you despair.

Post by darkmage02 »

I know this episode and the last are somewhat filler that leads to the summer movie, but this week episode is one of the more solid ones. Given how last week's was so poorly written, this week's gave it a satisfying wrap. The somewhat confusing narrative from last week was given a proper explanation, and the characters took themselves much more seriously as well. There's no unnecessary comic relief moments; Mayu and her dad are given time to properly resolve their issues that led to quite a heartwarming ending.

That said, the start to the fight with the Ganmaizer felt kinda weird. Like... the Riders were unsure how to even attack him and they're just circling around him and take turns to land a hesitant jab. And why must Kanon be a staple in Team Ghost? All she ever does is "Makoto-niichan" and "Alain-sama" in repeat, without saying anything of substance.

The part with Alain explaining about his brother and Makoto his dad felt weird since they're never mentioned beforehand.

Takeru felt too "good of a person" and "perfect of a hero" that his character have little flaws and doubts; making him bland and uninteresting.

I knew Igor will be back. That guy's like a persistent cockroach.

Major love for Aria. Am I the only one who thinks she's hot as hell? (no pun intended)

I really wonder if Edith and Sennin are really two different person... or two different sides of the same coin... or something else entirely?

And the preview of the summer movie sort of hinted that Sennin too have a hidden agenda of his own and quite likely isn't a good guy either.

Now I'm even more convinced either him or Edith will be the final big bad of the show.

Rating: 4/5
Complete. Start Up. 3. 2. 1. Time Out. Reformation.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

darkmage02 wrote:I know this episode and the last are somewhat filler that leads to the summer movie, but this week episode is one of the more solid ones. Given how last week's was so poorly written, this week's gave it a satisfying wrap.
Actually this brings up a good point: just what was the other cop's reason for betraying Mayu's father in the first place? He repeatedly apologies, but we never get an explanation for why he did it.
That said, the start to the fight with the Ganmaizer felt kinda weird. Like... the Riders were unsure how to even attack him and they're just circling around him and take turns to land a hesitant jab.
After watching the fight again, I think it's because of how the suit works. It's two guys in a suit, and when they're showing the legs the suit is being held up by cables on a rig (notice how the MOTW spins around). That undoubtedly adds a wrinkle to the choreography, not only because anyone at Toei who's not Sakamoto knows jack about wire-fu, but also because it means the MOTW can't move quickly. You can't have traditional stuntie-on-stuntie action when the MOTW isn't a traditional humanoid.
Major love for Aria. Am I the only one who thinks she's hot as hell? (no pun intended)
El Wiki says that the actress is "Primary a bikini model," so it would seem most of Japan agrees with you. :P
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

So the fact that Spectres dad and Necroms brother just seem to be used for the movie is kind of lame. The fact that they've crammed he foreshadowing into this episode is pretty lame as well.
darkmage02
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ryuki
Dreamy: Miu from Fourze
Favorite Band: The GazettE
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: DIGIMON!
Quote: I devour your dreams as I watch you despair.

Post by darkmage02 »

ViRGE wrote:Actually this brings up a good point: just what was the other cop's reason for betraying Mayu's father in the first place? He repeatedly apologies, but we never get an explanation for why he did it.
Well it was mentioned in the previous episode that someone within the police force is corrupted and has been leaking information to criminals, so my guess is the other cop's been doing it for money.
ViRGE wrote:After watching the fight again, I think it's because of how the suit works. It's two guys in a suit, and when they're showing the legs the suit is being held up by cables on a rig (notice how the MOTW spins around). That undoubtedly adds a wrinkle to the choreography, not only because anyone at Toei who's not Sakamoto knows jack about wire-fu, but also because it means the MOTW can't move quickly. You can't have traditional stuntie-on-stuntie action when the MOTW isn't a traditional humanoid.
Yep I know the technical difficulties but then they shouldn't have made such a difficult MOTW suit if they can't handle it well. It was just really jarring to me.

ViRGE wrote:El Wiki says that the actress is "Primary a bikini model," so it would seem most of Japan agrees with you. :P
Ehhhh now I gotta go see her collection :lol:

Side note: Mugen Ghost has got to be one of the most OP final forms ever. Like, even Kiwami Gaim pre-God mode wasn't that OP. I don't recall any other Final Form Rider that can so easily lay waste to high ranking or general level MOTW.
Complete. Start Up. 3. 2. 1. Time Out. Reformation.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ghost”