Kaigan KR Ghost 41

G-g-ghosts?!
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Ghost Wiki Link

< Drive | Ghost | Ex-Aid >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:30 am

☆☆☆☆☆
39%
☆☆☆☆
33%
☆☆☆
22%
☆☆
No votes
6%

Total votes: 18
darkmage02
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ryuki
Dreamy: Miu from Fourze
Favorite Band: The GazettE
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: DIGIMON!
Quote: I devour your dreams as I watch you despair.

Re: Kaigan KR Ghost 41

Post by darkmage02 »

Quite an alright episode. Too much was squeezed into a 20 minutes episode but God knows how frustrated I am with Ghost as a whole, so having some of the many jarring plot holes answered by Edith is nice.

I actually like the Akari - Takeru dynamic. They've been the closest of friends for the longest time and it only makes sense for her to freak out given how little time Takeru has left. The show has been hesitant to dive too deep (hah!) into the emotional spectrum, but if anything, now's the time. I certainly wouldn't mind having one or two Akari centric episodes to really give this series the emotional impact it's sorely missing.

Nice job Kanon. You withheld the information about your brother's doppelganger for this long. It's either she does nothing or when she does something, it's of absolute stupidity like this one. *claps*

Alain needs more moments in this arc. This, afterall, concerns his family and he has been on the sideline for way too much.

The usual eccentric Onari did nothing in this episode. I'm surprised. Just meditating won't help save your friend from certain death 19 days later.

Damnit Igor. Nobody gives a fuck about Project Demia anymore.

Since when Makoto has such fondness over Adel? And his brashness of quickly eliminating his clones is pretty darn stupid. Makoto was introduced as quite an opportunists and strategists in the beginning, having observe and systematically obstruct Ghost for his own agenda but now he's nothing more than a brute grunt who while knowing that killing his clones also kills him, has done nothing to figure out the clones' origins or purpose and just brutishly annihilates them.

So I was wrong that Edith will become the big bad. So that just leaves either Igor or Sennin.

Rating: 3/5
Complete. Start Up. 3. 2. 1. Time Out. Reformation.
Uzur9
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaimu
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokai
Favorite Band: J-rock/pop + Dubstep
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by Uzur9 »

darkmage02 wrote: Damnit Igor. Nobody gives a fuck about Project Demia anymore.
LOL. Thought the same thing. I don't think he got the memo.
Kamen Rider left to finish:
Reiwa: Geats, Gotchard

Super Sentai left to finish:
Shōwa: Denjiman, Goggle V, Dynaman, Changeman

Heisei: Complete.

Reiwa: Zenkaiger, High School Heroes, Donbrothers & King-Ohger
LeoArchon
Why are we all 15?
Why are we all 15?
Favorite series: Final Fantasy
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Total War: Shogun 2
Quote: "To be forgotten is worse than death." -Freya Crescent, Final Fantasy IX

Post by LeoArchon »

Actually, there's one other thing that's been bugging me for a while, now. The first two of the luminaries' Eyecons that possessed people (Ryoma and Himiko) didn't change their appearance that much. All Ryoma did was move his host's glasses, while Himiko caused no changes at all. Then Houdini came along, and caused the girl he possessed to sprout chains from nowhere. And it's gotten more and more ridiculous from there, culminating in this episode, where you can only tell that 'Beethoven' is Akari from the face. Her hair, clothes, eyes, everything else is different. If the luminaries have the ability to change people they possess, then what other hidden abilities do they have?
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

darkmage02 wrote:Nice job Kanon. You withheld the information about your brother's doppelganger for this long. It's either she does nothing or when she does something, it's of absolute stupidity like this one. *claps*
http://imgur.com/a/VV4Xb

As you can see, she clearly tried telling someone but only Makoto, Shibuya and Narita were at the temple since everyone else was dealing with the idol plot. You can't say she "withheld the information" given that, well, she tried telling someone.
Yaiba wrote:Yes, the clothes matter. Because if its just a look alike then it may really just be a random person who looks like Makoto. There are doppelganger in this world. But if that guy is wearing an enemy uniform then it most certainly is an enemy scheme targeted at Makoto, and this whole situation will become more serious than just meeting a random doppelganger.
Spoiler

(tagged because big picture and imgur is stupid now)

But, she alluded to that too. I still think the clothes of all things is a silly and minor notion in the grand scheme of it all but, it's there.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:As you can see, she clearly tried telling someone but only Makoto, Shibuya and Narita were at the temple since everyone else was dealing with the idol plot. You can't say she "withheld the information" given that, well, she tried telling someone.
Clearly the issue is that she needs to tell an actual adult. :lol:
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

Yaiba wrote:Another plot dump, something just doesn't make sense to me:
- Edith is talking like Adnois and Alain took no part in the invasion.
- If the Ganmaizer is stopping Edith from reaching the Great Eye, then ask the qualify one, Adnois, to do it. They couldn't fix this people dying thing for hundreds of years?
- If they could just reset the world, why plan for the human world invasion 10 years ago? How long has Adnois been hesitating to push the reset button?
- Makoto admired Adel? He's upset because Adel killed his own father. Riiiiiiiiight. Makoto tried to kill Adel way before Adel killed Adnois.
==> Adel: "That's the first time I heard of this." Yeah, so did we, Adel.
Exactly. Show not tell, Toei. :(
LeoArchon wrote:Actually, there's one other thing that's been bugging me for a while, now. The first two of the luminaries' Eyecons that possessed people (Ryoma and Himiko) didn't change their appearance that much. All Ryoma did was move his host's glasses, while Himiko caused no changes at all. Then Houdini came along, and caused the girl he possessed to sprout chains from nowhere. And it's gotten more and more ridiculous from there, culminating in this episode, where you can only tell that 'Beethoven' is Akari from the face. Her hair, clothes, eyes, everything else is different. If the luminaries have the ability to change people they possess, then what other hidden abilities do they have?
Wasn't Goemon one of the early ones too, with some modifications to Onari? Tbh I'm not a big fan of this "eyecons possessing humans" trope.
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

ViRGE wrote:
Go-On Macaroni wrote:As you can see, she clearly tried telling someone but only Makoto, Shibuya and Narita were at the temple since everyone else was dealing with the idol plot. You can't say she "withheld the information" given that, well, she tried telling someone.
Clearly the issue is that she needs to tell an actual adult. :lol:
Clearly. :lol:
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

So uh, did Makoto or Alain ever have injuries which required wounds being swabbed while they were Eyecons? Because I think they dropped a weird hint in this episode about Edith and Sennin; I think somehow Sennin is Edith's soul running around on its own while Edith is a body with no soul. Like, Sennin is a Heartless and Edith is a Nobody, dig?

Also, this whole storyline is frustratingly meandering still. Goddamn it.
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

The teaser was executed extremely well in my opinion; I found the actual human moments without random humor a vast improvement from what I'd been disliking from previous episodes. Akari attacking Yurusen was more amusing than it should have been, and anything involving Edith was pure awesome. Beyond Aria's continued damseled helplessness, I found very little holding this episode down. I gave it a 5; unlike some of Mugen's start, it actually feels like I'm watching the show rather than wading through some parts for good moments. Ghost seems to be slowly but surely going back to where it was before Mugen (except with more explanations).

Also, I found the bits of movie promo quite interesting:
Spoiler
I'm looking forward to seeing the luminaries with individual actors.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

Talk about dumping all the story revelation in one episode. Not a fan of that at all. This show has lost steam and my attention.
Atragon
Favorite series: Blade/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Magiranger

Post by Atragon »

I still have a feeling that Sennin and Edith is exactly the same person. And then if Edith is inventor, that maybe Yurusen is one of his inventions?
Finished series:

KR: V3, Amazon, Black - Zero-One (25 of 30)
Sentai: Sunvulcan, Maskman-Liveman, Jetman-Dairanger, Carranger, Gingaman, Gaoranger to Kiramager. (28 of 44)

Currently watching: Saber, Zenkaiger
Cyborg-Lucario
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Black/Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze/Gokaiger
Dreamy: Garou (Ookami Blue)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by Cyborg-Lucario »

It was better than previous episodes and explained lots of stuffs, though there were inconsistencies that kind of bothered me (like how Makoto said he respected Adel when he never shown it in the show).
Edith's black Ultima form looks cool (just realized something. Are they making Black Ultima figures to boost toy sales since black versions are really popular in the Japanese market?)

I hope for your sake that the Demia project will actually be something impressive, Igor.
A cyborg pokémon who may or may not be a Kamen Rider.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

That's a lot of new information. I don't think dumping a shit tonne of information in one go really counts as good story telling.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ghost”