Kaigan KR Ghost 41

G-g-ghosts?!
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Ghost Wiki Link

< Drive | Ghost | Ex-Aid >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:30 am

☆☆☆☆☆
39%
☆☆☆☆
33%
☆☆☆
22%
☆☆
No votes
6%

Total votes: 18
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kaigan KR Ghost 41

Post by takenoko »

<Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Last week's poll rating:n 2.80 (15 votes)
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Re: Kaigan KR Ghost 41

Post by Yaiba »

Another plot dump, something just doesn't make sense to me:
- Edith is talking like Adnois and Alain took no part in the invasion.
- If the Ganmaizer is stopping Edith from reaching the Great Eye, then ask the qualify one, Adnois, to do it. They couldn't fix this people dying thing for hundreds of years?
- If they could just reset the world, why plan for the human world invasion 10 years ago? How long has Adnois been hesitating to push the reset button?
- Makoto admired Adel? He's upset because Adel killed his own father. Riiiiiiiiight. Makoto tried to kill Adel way before Adel killed Adnois.
==> Adel: "That's the first time I heard of this." Yeah, so did we, Adel.

- Makoto, if you know killing the clones is going to kill you, then at least try to find another way instead of continue killing them blindly?
- Speaking of which, that is a super important piece of information you held from Takeru, Kanon. You never told Takeru you saw your brother dressed in Ganma uniform?
- So "Deep Specter" was just a Ganma version of "Grateful" to use the Great Eye's power with no real consequences like we initially led to believe.
- Igor. I don't think Adel, just like the rest of us, remembers that Demia project ever existed anymore.
- Why does Ganmaizer Climate have a cute penguin head?

- Phone conversation"
==> "I want to save Takeru."
==> "Now is the time to help me accomplish my goal."
==> "I said I want to save Takeru!"
==> "Stop Adel."
==> "Oh, okay."

???
They aren't even listening to each other, are they?
If they succeed in going to the Ganman world, a Ganmizer will swipe the floor with them btw.

I'm calling it now, Igor is the big bad, who will survive to the next versus Super Sentai movie and invest a giant robot to fight the previous sentai robot, while the next sentai deals with some random goons.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Yaiba wrote:- Makoto, if you know killing the clones is going to kill you, then at least try to find another way instead of continue killing them blindly?
Given the clone tries to kill him every time he sees him, what else is Makoto supposed to do? Not defend himself?
- Speaking of which, that is a super important piece of information you held from Takeru, Kanon. You never told Takeru you saw your brother dressed in Ganma uniform?
I thought there was a scene where she walks in and is like "I saw another of my brother!" but, they didn't know what to make of it. (Ok yeah, just remembered the "doppelganger" convo scene).
And really, if you say something like that, do the clothes really matter?
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

As usual, Yaiba steals all of the important/witty commentary.:P He's pretty much spot on, especially about the info dump. I'm glad we're getting these answers now, but why the heck did it take 15 or so extra episodes to get here, and why is it all being dumped at once? Show, not tell...

So maybe I'm missing something, but why could Akari see Sennin at the start of this episode? As far as we know he's a proper ghost; he's previously not been visible without external influence.

Oh hey, Demia. After like 20 episodes. This had better amount to something meaningful...

Alain made a weapon with the pink eyecon. Humm, I wonder if there's supposed to be a deeper meaning to that?

Finally, I normally don't have any thoughts on the music in this show. But Edith's background music is really nice now that we get to hear it go on for a while. Yeah, it's dark and gloomy. But it fits nicely.

I give this episode an Oniichan out of 5.
nanamarfo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Yuki Jojima
Favorite Band: RIDER CHIPS
Quote: "My life is burning bright!" -Takeru Tenkuji

Post by nanamarfo »

"I'm calling it now, Igor is the big bad, who will survive to the next versus Super Sentai movie and invest a giant robot to fight the previous sentai robot, while the next sentai deals with some random goons."

I Know that's a joke but, Igor still has a human body.
NOMarfo
Shurikenger108

Post by Shurikenger108 »

I do not like the way the director deal with mysteries in this series. Let's compare to Gaim, another show which has lots of mystery stuffs from the beginning. But it only takes a couple of episodes to explain (for small mysteries). Only the big, main mysteries were kept to the end (Like DJ's true identity). And better stills, when old mysteries were gone, new mysteries came. By doing this made audiences satisfied and feel this show is still going on its right track.
And for Ghost. They gave us tons of mysterious things from day one. But instead of explaining, they just gave us more and more and explain just few things. For example, does anyone remember that Kanon used to be an Eyecon? And has Ghost explained it? By doing this, Ghost made us lost patience and "hate" this show (The "Is Ghost the worst KR ever" poll).
I gave this episode 4 stars because thanks god, finally, some are explained.
And, I like Edith character than Sennin. Sennin is annoying as hell. Akari got mad at him is reasonable. Sennin has been with Takeru since episode 1, but he always hide secrets (in an annoying way). And Edith? He just came to Takeru's basement for 5 minutes and told everything.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

Yaiba wrote:- Makoto, if you know killing the clones is going to kill you, then at least try to find another way instead of continue killing them blindly?
Given the clone tries to kill him every time he sees him, what else is Makoto supposed to do? Not defend himself?
Try to do some research of their origin or their motive or something, instead of just sitting at home, waiting for a clone to call him out, kill the clone, then repeat all over again?
I thought there was a scene where she walks in and is like "I saw another of my brother!" but, they didn't know what to make of it. (Ok yeah, just remembered the "doppelganger" convo scene).
And really, if you say something like that, do the clothes really matter?
Yes, the clothes matter. Because if its just a look alike then it may really just be a random person who looks like Makoto. There are doppelganger in this world. But if that guy is wearing an enemy uniform then it most certainly is an enemy scheme targeted at Makoto, and this whole situation will become more serious than just meeting a random doppelganger.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

This episode just goes totally off the rails. It explains, but it both explains too much and not enough. Why was Adonis even trying to invade Earth in the first place? Edith makes it sound like it was all Adel's idea but in that case would the father have known his son was batshit? What is up with Makoto's clone thing? Why is it even here? It seems like it's just there to give Makoto something to do.

I enjoyed this show at the beginning but the past few episodes have just confused and irritated me. And I'm still pissed that Akari, a really excellent girl role-model who is a scientist and a driving force in the series, was followed up by Kanon, whose main role is to say people's names dramatically and look helpless. I don't blame the actress for this one, I blame the writers.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Yaiba wrote:

Try to do some research of their origin or their motive or something, instead of just sitting at home, waiting for a clone to call him out, kill the clone, then repeat all over again?
Or better yet, detain them so that you don't have to go through the after-effects of killing them. After all, they're Makoto clones; rough them up a bit and they'll be unconscious for 1-2 episodes easily. :P
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

Yaiba wrote: Try to do some research of their origin or their motive or something, instead of just sitting at home, waiting for a clone to call him out, kill the clone, then repeat all over again?
Yes also not telling Takeru and the others is just a stupid move, There is a guy who looks exactly like you and works for some dudes that want to kill you and your friends, i think it is reasonable that you should inform the others, so they don't be caught off guard, a "That specter is a spy!" kind of thing. Also it would be intelligent to tell them what killing them does to you, so if Takeru runs into them he doesn't go in a Makoto nii-chan killing spree.
Yaiba wrote: Yes, the clothes matter. Because if its just a look alike then it may really just be a random person who looks like Makoto. There are doppelganger in this world. But if that guy is wearing an enemy uniform then it most certainly is an enemy scheme targeted at Makoto, and this whole situation will become more serious than just meeting a random doppelganger.
Indeed, they are very important in this case, even if there was no doppelganger, why makoto would be wearing them is important enough. He might not be a traitor, but he being reckless enough to try something really dangerous on his own would still be a possibility.

I liked the fact that Igor seems to be following his plan, at least he seems to be doing something meaningful and not just some random crap.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I am pleased that the show seems to be somehow conforming to my aimless ramblings:

Akari (Ghostoger Yellow) does get Beethoven, so with Newton and Edison she can take out large numbers of grunt-mas at the same time.

Igor was not forgotten, and will be bringing a proper big evil. This gives me hope that Bills will be part of the solution that defeats his plan.

I am wondering if Makoto prime is similar to Nova in Magic Knights Rayearth?

Spoiler
If Makoto prime was created as a shadow of the darkness in Makoto's soul when he agreed to use Deep Spector, then the only solution might be to subdue Makoto Prime without killing him, and then hug it out, admitting that the darkness of his soul is something that defines him and is something that he must accept and love.

If Edith is the one who has created a lot of the transforming technology, there's no reason why he couldn't create the Ghostoger's belts if the writers felt like it.
Rifaz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Rifaz »

I guess now we're just waiting for Igor to become the last big bad.
"There was a ticking time bomb strapped to her chest... That's why she has a dynamite body!!" - Amakusa Shino
Uzur9
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaimu
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokai
Favorite Band: J-rock/pop + Dubstep
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by Uzur9 »

I've come to the conclusion that this series is "Kamen RIder: Friendship is Magik"
Kamen Rider left to finish:
Reiwa: Geats, Gotchard

Super Sentai left to finish:
Shōwa: Denjiman, Goggle V, Dynaman, Changeman

Heisei: Complete.

Reiwa: Zenkaiger, High School Heroes, Donbrothers & King-Ohger
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Uzur9 wrote:I've come to the conclusion that this series is "Kamen RIder: Friendship is Magik"
LOL

I'm not sure I would go that far. However, Ghost seems to be more like a general Tokusatsu show than a Kamen Rider show. After all, Takeru's bike has been missing in action for 30 episodes or so. Also, Akari is ridiculously overpowered for a childhood friend of the rider. She almost fights on an equal level as Alain. Maybe this is really Akari's show: "My Childhood Friend is a Kamen Rider".
LeoArchon
Why are we all 15?
Why are we all 15?
Favorite series: Final Fantasy
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Total War: Shogun 2
Quote: "To be forgotten is worse than death." -Freya Crescent, Final Fantasy IX

Post by LeoArchon »

This episode was better than the previous two, I'll give it that. Seeing something actually moving the plot forward is always nice. I'm still sore about Alia getting all of one Henshin scene thus far, but Edith's version of Ultima is pretty sweet-looking.

Spoiler
My problems come with the preview of the next episode; I really hope it doesn't go where I think it's going. If Takeru manages to befriend Adel, then I swear I'll start calling him Naruto, or Ieyasu Tokugawa.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ghost”