Kaigan KR Ghost 42

G-g-ghosts?!
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Ghost Wiki Link

< Drive | Ghost | Ex-Aid >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:53 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
19%
☆☆☆☆
63%
☆☆☆
13%
☆☆
No votes
6%

Total votes: 16
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kaigan KR Ghost 42

Post by takenoko »

<Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Last week's poll rating:n 3.93 (15 votes)
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Re: Kaigan KR Ghost 42

Post by Yaiba »

Not a bad episode, all things considered. I like how they tried to match the finisher names to what they have been through.

And I'm impressed that Toei used the preview right for once, gave us a plot twist, and threw us off of what actually happened. I'm damn glad Takeru didn't befriend Adel or it'll lost the last bit of plot it ever had.

The episode title tells us to be amazed. Who's amazed?

I'm more amazed that they let Sennin off the hook that easily. But that means that there's no more serious face from Commander Edith, I'm sad.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

If you're going to have a cliffhanger, make it count. Don't resolve the cliffhanger 10 seconds into the second episode - and especially not with a simple retreat - otherwise you negate the whole point of it.

Anyhow, this episode was uneven in parts. The action was fantastic, and the action director (who wasn't Sakamoto) even managed to make quick-but-meaningful use of wire-fu. And like Yaiba, I appreciate that they tried to properly bookend the whole emotions arc by tying it into Takeru's speech and attacks.

On the other hand I am even more confused about Gramps than ever before. I can live with him and Edith being the same person - even though it was obvious to the point of robbing it of all drama - but the fact that we didn't get any kind of rational explanation as to why he pulled the doppelganger act for 42 episodes gets on my nerves. Since it's his character that essentially set all of this into motion, this is a really important detail, I feel.

And on the third hand, kudos to the writers for not playing a redemption arc here and having Adel double-down on evil. Not only does it prevent the preview from being a massive spoiler, but it's the more interesting path to take.

Meanwhile, man, fuck Yursen (again).

Finally, I really like the background music they've been using in the minisodes for the movie. Ghost's music has been pretty forgettable, so it's a shame it's likely only going to be used in the movie.

PS Cleaning up Mugen's feathers has got to be a pain in the butt for the crew...
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

The way they just did the Edith/Gramps thing was pretty good.
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

Well, Ryuu got an Ultima with just a sword, so he is indeed a badass.

BTW what does the takoyaki hat means or where does it came from? i remember I saw a drawing of Alain wearing it some weeks before the dreamworld episode.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

eijiman wrote: BTW what does the takoyaki hat means or where does it came from? i remember I saw a drawing of Alain wearing it some weeks before the dreamworld episode.
It's a takoyaki hat! Alain likes takoyaki! It's hilarious!
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

(Front page post missing)

Anyways, is the budget for Ghost *that* low that some Ganmaizers are just... weapons and there aren't even any costumes for them? :/
Yay, the worst kept secret in Toku is out, Sennin = Edith.

Did Adel just rip off his own eyecon? o_O
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

I found this a pretty uneven episode. Edith rescuing Takeru and Alain, as well as the parallels drawn between Takeru's battle with Adel and Edith's backstory, were definite high points, though almost anything involving Yurusen and the reveal of Sennin and Edith being the same person had way too much humor to make any impact (even if I hadn't already known). Sennin kept Takeru in the dark about so much for so long, planned so well, and then he was in too much of a hurry to remember to change? I really had a higher opinion of him than that.
ViRGE wrote:And on the third hand, kudos to the writers for not playing a redemption arc here and having Adel double-down on evil. Not only does it prevent the preview from being a massive spoiler, but it's the more interesting path to take.
Agreed. I love redemption arcs, but with four such redemptions/semi-redemptions in the story already (Makoto, Alain, Javert, and Edith), another may have been a bit much.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
Eternal_Winterbane
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Busters
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Eternal_Winterbane »

njb wrote:is the budget for Ghost *that* low that some Ganmaizers are just... weapons and there aren't even any costumes for them? :/
The way i see it, they do have humaniod forms but since they merged with Adel his final form is the ganma version of Ghost, atleast that's how i picture it inorder to avoid getting annoyed that we don't get to see the humaniod forms of those Ganmaizers
Fat D
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Fat D »

The Ryu/Edith part makes me wish that this was the season that had Kiva's gimmick of playing the son's and dad's timeline in general. Ryu out-awesomes Otoya at every corner.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

njb wrote:Anyways, is the budget for Ghost *that* low that some Ganmaizers are just... weapons and there aren't even any costumes for them? :/
While the budget for Ghost would be shot by now (due to Ex-Aid starting), I think it's more of a stylistic choice. Like, Eternal_Winterbane said, Ganma Adel's mirroring Ghost so, he's using the Ganmeizer as weapons.
Fat D wrote:Ryu out-awesomes Otoya at every corner.
You just made my day, you know that.
Cyborg-Lucario
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Black/Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze/Gokaiger
Dreamy: Garou (Ookami Blue)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by Cyborg-Lucario »

Good fight scenes, though the way they handled the reveal of Edith and Sennin being the same person seemed weird (of course, we all already figured out that they were the same person).

And regarding to the ending of this episode: Adel's heart is filled with determination.
A cyborg pokémon who may or may not be a Kamen Rider.
LeoArchon
Why are we all 15?
Why are we all 15?
Favorite series: Final Fantasy
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Total War: Shogun 2
Quote: "To be forgotten is worse than death." -Freya Crescent, Final Fantasy IX

Post by LeoArchon »

Does anyone else want a miniseries starring Ryu? Because seriously, the guy is a complete BAMF. I'd like to know how he summoned the spirit of Musashi before the Eyecons were created, but then again, he was the head priest of the temple. Maybe he knew a trick or two?

And again, the possession doesn't return. Beethoven!Akari was hilarious, aside from the fact that she could have been mistaken for a gaijin. Seriously, watch the previous episode again, and tell me that she looks Japanese.

Also, can someone do a count of the Eyecons that Takeru's connected to emotionally? I think he's done most of them by this point...
darkmage02
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ryuki
Dreamy: Miu from Fourze
Favorite Band: The GazettE
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: DIGIMON!
Quote: I devour your dreams as I watch you despair.

Post by darkmage02 »

This week's episode moved the plot forward quite significantly since Ghost is hurling towards its finale. Edith/Sennin's mystery and involvement in setting up the stage thus far got revealed (duh), Takeru's newfound resolution and strength in his friends to come back to life and Adel spat at the face of redemption. It was quite a lot to cover up in just over 20 mins hence the haste in all of it but that's what happens when you introduce too much plot points in the beginning and left them hanging until now. But props to the writer for managing that while still squeezing in some nice Alain/Adel moments and a fantastic duel between Mugen/Adel.

While not necessarily all that surprising, Adel's refusal to call it peace with Takeru has laid a bit of complexity to his character, who, up till now has been too one-dimensional of a villain for my liking. Him not willing to delve into anything related to human emotions has set him on a path of no return (maybe, after all this is a kid's show so he probably will) and I look forward to see him set whatever his latest plans to motion.

With the Ghost/Drive movie and now this episode, Ryu is confirmed to be the most badass human dad in KR history. To beat Ultima Edith without the power to transform... he make everyone in the present day look weak now.

One thing that does bother me though. If Edith/Sennin had the power to bring Takeru back the first time, why didn't he do so before Takeru's 99 days were up the first time? Sure, Ryu's soul fused with Takeru to buy him another 99 days, but Sennin wouldn't have predicted that. What if Ryu didn't do what he did? Was Sennin going to let Takeru just die despite having plans to bring out his potential to the fullest? It just doesn't add up.
Fat D wrote:The Ryu/Edith part makes me wish that this was the season that had Kiva's gimmick of playing the son's and dad's timeline in general. Ryu out-awesomes Otoya at every corner.
But I still love Otoya more. Maybe because I get to see more of him and I love his charisma.

Rating: 4/5
Complete. Start Up. 3. 2. 1. Time Out. Reformation.
Rifaz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Rifaz »

Whelp, I guess no redemption for Adel.
"There was a ticking time bomb strapped to her chest... That's why she has a dynamite body!!" - Amakusa Shino

Return to “Kamen Rider Ghost”