Kaigan KR Ghost 44

G-g-ghosts?!
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Ghost Wiki Link

< Drive | Ghost | Ex-Aid >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:58 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
20%
☆☆☆☆
10%
☆☆☆
35%
☆☆
15%
20%

Total votes: 20
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kaigan KR Ghost 44

Post by takenoko »

<Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Last week's poll rating:n 4.18 (11 votes)
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Re: Kaigan KR Ghost 44

Post by Yaiba »

It is exactly as I said last week. Onari took over Alain because he felt he cannot help and needed other's ability to become useful, and put himself and everyone else in danger in the process.

I'm glad that Demia didn't end when they shattered the monolith, because that would be too easy for a scheme that ran for 30 something episodes.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Yayyyy Igor gets slapped again!

It's good that Demia didn't get stopped so easily and they can't stop it the same way they stopped the beta but what the everloving fuck are Freya and Frey doing there? Why was there a need to bring them in? All it does is make things more complicated!

Aaaaand no lines for Kanon this week. She really should fire her agent.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

The subplot about Bills working for Igor felt pointless. The relationship of trust built between Bills and the heroes was never fully explored for the audience to care.

The references to a Silicon Valley product reveal were not subtle.

Aria is so much wasted potential.
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

First, I saw the episode available for download today, then I watched it today, then came here looking for the forum topic to see that the most recent post was...three days ago...and now I'm not sure if I'm a time traveler or not.

This has got to be the slowest-paced ending to a KR series I have ever seen. It's like they did the opposite of Drive by laying out big story stuff first, then taking 25 episodes to talk amongst themselves while showing off new forms, and we've now picked up story again...i think. The whole time I was wondering how different this episode would have been if Takeru remembered he is a ghost, went invisible, and simply walked into the server building and shut Demia down. We learned early that he can fly, go invisible, and phase through stuff, but he's apparently forgotten how!
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Lunagel wrote:Yayyyy Igor gets slapped again!
Best gag in the series, bar none. The actor playing Igor sells it very, very well.
what the everloving fuck are Freya and Frey doing there?
Freya and Frey? I feel like I've missed something here.
Aaaaand no lines for Kanon this week. She really should fire her agent.
Actually it's worse than that. In this episode she's been reduced to a masseuse, giving Gramps of all people a shoulder massage. She's now a prop. :|
Arigomi wrote:The subplot about Bills working for Igor felt pointless.
Which is a shame, because he actually works pretty well as a villain.
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

ViRGE wrote:
what the everloving fuck are Freya and Frey doing there?
Freya and Frey? I feel like I've missed something here.
They're in the Rider Damashii web series and their actual purpose is pretty vague. I was assuming they were characters for that series only so having them pop up in the main storyline is a) bloody stupid and b) hideously confusing if you haven't seen the web series, which I assume is most children.
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

how many eps are left? and I can't really say anything, this is the first KR series I've watched in full. (seen bits and pieces of others, I do plan on watching as many as possible, at least the heisei era)
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

mholden020 wrote:The whole time I was wondering how different this episode would have been if Takeru remembered he is a ghost, went invisible, and simply walked into the server building and shut Demia down.
When was Takeru shown to be good with computers, though? It made sense that it was Akari doing it since it fit with her being a sciency tech person.
Sinkuu wrote:how many eps are left?
Show's running a full 50 this time, so, about 6.
Uzur9
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaimu
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokai
Favorite Band: J-rock/pop + Dubstep
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by Uzur9 »

Lunagel wrote:
ViRGE wrote:Freya and Frey? I feel like I've missed something here.
They're in the Rider Damashii web series and their actual purpose is pretty vague. I was assuming they were characters for that series only so having them pop up in the main storyline is a) bloody stupid and b) hideously confusing if you haven't seen the web series, which I assume is most children.
Would like to add... The web-series takes place between Ghost Eps. 20 [Legendary Riders 1-6, Ichigō, Legendary Riders 7] +21
Kamen Rider left to finish:
Reiwa: Geats, Gotchard

Super Sentai left to finish:
Shōwa: Denjiman, Goggle V, Dynaman, Changeman

Heisei: Complete.

Reiwa: Zenkaiger, High School Heroes, Donbrothers & King-Ohger
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:
mholden020 wrote:The whole time I was wondering how different this episode would have been if Takeru remembered he is a ghost, went invisible, and simply walked into the server building and shut Demia down.
When was Takeru shown to be good with computers, though? It made sense that it was Akari doing it since it fit with her being a sciency tech person.
But you don't need to be good with computers. In this case you just need to make all of the equipment blow up. :P
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

I want to like Ghost, I really really do...

And then they pull crap like this. >_<;;

They took a chance to make Onari useful and ruined it. The only thing enjoyable has become Igor getting slapped every few episoes. The plot appears just long enough to tease us, then vanishes again. Kanon gets even less attention than Sela. And worst of all, we didn't get to see Aria naked. :cry:

Seriously, how are they going to drag this out another 6 episodes when they can't hold a plot point for more than two episodes? Even the KS7-esque Demia project isn't holding my attention anymore. I'll see the show through to the end, but I think this will join Drive as a KR series I'll probably never rewatch even as a group (except the April Fool's episode... which is how this show SHOULD have gone).
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

I doubt they are gonna drag it out another 6 episodes cause they're doing an Ex-Aid crossover so I'll bet it's the same as the Drive/Ghost crossover where the main plot is resolved and it's like an epilogue for the last two episodes
Kamen Rider Gumo
Faiz
Favorite series: Zyuranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Reiko Chiba
Favorite Actor?: Takaiwa Seiji
Favorite Band: Twisted Sister
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: DragonBall Z
Quote: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence..."
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Gumo »

As the series is winding down, I just have to say while it's not been my favorite so far, it's been quite enjoyable to watch. Ever since Wizard (for me, anyway) Toei has been right on the money, something I haven't been able to say about every series.
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

Just like I said also, it was the "I wanted to be smart, failed I wanted to be strong, failed" cliche, but the funny thing is, even they could not tell what onari is good for, he is as worthless as everybody thinks.

I really hope that in Ex-aid they make better support characters, I dont expect Kuuga, but something better than this would be a good.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ghost”