Kaigan KR Ghost 44

G-g-ghosts?!
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Ghost Wiki Link

< Drive | Ghost | Ex-Aid >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:58 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
20%
☆☆☆☆
10%
☆☆☆
35%
☆☆
15%
20%

Total votes: 20
eijiman
IXA

Re: Kaigan KR Ghost 44

Post by eijiman »

Lunagel wrote:
eijiman wrote:About the whole Kanon being silent, i think it's the best choice. Like darkmage02 said, it feels like the writers are wanting us to feel for Onari. Which in my opinion is like if they were trying to convince us that we are wrong and Onari is a good character, instead of trying to make him a good character. So yeah, for me it would be much better if he went silent also as it is too late now to improve them, so the best option is to reduce them to props.
I gotta disagree here. Don't have useless characters who take up screen space and show time, kick them out. It's easy to get rid of a character (Kaon goes back to school and Makoti tearfully sees her off because he loves her but she'll be safe and happy elsewhere, there, done, send me my check) and you can always bring them back for a cameo. Ghost wastes too much time on superfluous characters it doesn't need and then adds more. Get rid of a couple and everyone profits.
Well, yeah, that is a best option. Actually I actually quite sure that if Kanon and the two shrine guys just dissaperared, nobody would really care. For Onari, given how he is somewhat more important what i would have done, is making him follow Cubi's steps and have him follow Javert, this somewhat at the middle of the series, then at the end he would come back as a serious character, and maybe able to become a Ganma superior. for now, given how many episodes are left, i think he still should go, and comeback in a dvd special or something.
Jehal
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Ryuki
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Jehal »

eijiman wrote:Just like I said also, it was the "I wanted to be smart, failed I wanted to be strong, failed" cliche, but the funny thing is, even they could not tell what onari is good for, he is as worthless as everybody thinks.

I really hope that in Ex-aid they make better support characters, I dont expect Kuuga, but something better than this would be a good.
I'm surprised you mentioned Kuuga, which I felt only had two good characters. The support characters weren't useless, but they were all bland. Godai and Ichijo were the only interesting characters.
Completed Series

Rider: From Kuuga to Drive, and Ex-Aid to Zi-O
Next Up: Ghost

Sentai: Zyuranger, Kakuranger, From Dekaranger to ToQGer, and Kyuuranger to Ryusoulger
Next Up: Ninninger
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

Jehal wrote:
eijiman wrote: I'm surprised you mentioned Kuuga, which I felt only had two good characters. The support characters weren't useless, but they were all bland. Godai and Ichijo were the only interesting characters.
Yeah, i get what you mean, and maybe the reason i liked them is the same reason you don't. because they felt like normal people, there was nothing particularly special about them.
The scientist was not obsessed about science like Akari, she worked with a team and to make the special bullets she had to struggle, while on the other side, Akari makes completely unknown technology by herself , and even with the help of Sennin, who yeah, is a brilliant scientist, her achievements seem exagerated. The old man from the restaurant was a weirdo, but still was able to recognize when a situation was serious and he acted like was expected. Yeah, they might not be very interesting, but I would like a cast of normal people.
Jehal
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Ryuki

Post by Jehal »

eijiman wrote:Yeah, i get what you mean, and maybe the reason i liked them is the same reason you don't. because they felt like normal people, there was nothing particularly special about them.
The scientist was not obsessed about science like Akari, she worked with a team and to make the special bullets she had to struggle, while on the other side, Akari makes completely unknown technology by herself , and even with the help of Sennin, who yeah, is a brilliant scientist, her achievements seem exagerated. The old man from the restaurant was a weirdo, but still was able to recognize when a situation was serious and he acted like was expected. Yeah, they might not be very interesting, but I would like a cast of normal people.
I see what you're saying. Yeah, they were definitely normal people. I was actually very interested in seeing the scientists struggle between work and her son, and how the whole situation was affecting normal people like her; but it just kept going back to her in that same situation, and didn't really vary much.
Completed Series

Rider: From Kuuga to Drive, and Ex-Aid to Zi-O
Next Up: Ghost

Sentai: Zyuranger, Kakuranger, From Dekaranger to ToQGer, and Kyuuranger to Ryusoulger
Next Up: Ninninger
Rifaz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Rifaz »

...goddammit Onari.

Slapped Igor still the best thing came out of this.
"There was a ticking time bomb strapped to her chest... That's why she has a dynamite body!!" - Amakusa Shino
MagusKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Quote: The whole world is insane, we just have to be sane enough to accept it

Post by MagusKaiser »

I don't really know how to rate this, as some people are saying yeah it has bad points but it also has good points, as far as the next rider goes I'm not sure about his design both suit and belt but we'll see what comes. the only irks I have about this is the whole dropping of random points in the plot like what is javert doing now? just wandering around aimlessly sulking about his own defeats or is he just lying in a ditch dead from exhaustion and starvation? Cubi and the music obsessed ganma were funny to a point but what exactly happen to them? also I have to agree why is kanon mute now and only in the background sure it was annoying that she only got a few solid lines while repeating one line constantly but still there was a lot that could've been done. Finally I just gotta say this about another person's post Why is it so important to see Aria in the nude? if you want stuff like that look at fan art not the actual series to show it
RuneDragon1985
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kiva
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: "Saa, omae no tsumi wo kazoe ro."

Post by RuneDragon1985 »

For what my opinion's worth (Not much, it would seem) this was a terrific episode all around. It's finally paying off the Demia build-up and is my guess taking us into the climactic final battle. I like that they're doing that. Igor getting slapped is just cathartic, and I hope he jsut goes out with Akari slapping him until he explodes. I have been noticing this a lot in later episodes, but Onari and Bills are played by really good actors. I really notice a lot them reacting and having these varied facial expressions that just make their characters so lively.

I'm not sure Freya and Frey showing up was a good decision, unless it was meant to be a lead-in to make kids go watch the Damashii minisodes or what, but if they have another role we weren't aware of, I'll be disappointed in the wasted potential.

And I swear to god, the romantic tension between Akari and Takeru is frustrating as all hell. Never mind the fact Kanon and Alain's romantic potential has been completely sunk, but so help me, if Akari and Takeru don't become a thing by the end this series, I slap someone.
Victormaru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kaoru
Favorite Actor?: Mika Hijii
Favorite Band: m-flo
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: GARO
Quote: In the end, I am Eternal.

Post by Victormaru »

I've always seen Legendary! Riders' Souls! as sort of a non-canon movie spin-off divided into episodes, but since Frey and Freya had just randomly shown up in the main series, that makes it canon, lol.

Also, why does Adel want to be Zyuoh The World so bad.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ghost”